Monique2013

Malaysia - Timeline from NOA2, Preps to Interview and Visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello. I am a CR1 May 15 filer Texas Services Center. It's been almost 5-1/2 months since my NOA1 notice and according to my timeline, I could be expecting NOA2 late November.

I am trying to prepare as much as possible so when its time to submit my documents to NVC, it could perhaps speed up the process to the embassy.

We went through RapidVisa and my husband has submitted everything including income tax, evidences of property, etc. I believe I only have to come up with police certificates when we get the NOA2 notice unless we are required to provide more evidences.

Here are my questions:
01) I have recently applied online for Malaysia Certificate of Good Conduct. When should I start applying for my police clearance certificates which I need for Thailand and Singapore? Is there a validity for them? I have contacted Bukit Aman Police HQ about getting finger printed and they are most helpful. Was told it could be done on any working days. Thailand and Singapore require supporting document on reason for application. Can I use my NOA1 notice together with the cover of I-130 application or do I have to wait for NOA2?
02) For NOA2 notice, does USCIS really send out notification through emails and sms besides a letter to the mailbox? My husband is flying to Kuala Lumpur January 03, 2018 and will be spending 3 months with me. I am worried the NOA2 notification won't reach him before he flies out.
03) I understand medical test would be the last thing to do prior to interview. Please share what kind of vaccinations you have to take? I saw a long list and feel quite intimidated.
04) How long is estimate time from NOA2 to interview? Could my husband join me to the embassy?

05) I have been looking through some members timelines and feel quite discouraged yet hopeful to get my visa in hand by end of April, 2018. I really hope I could fly to the US for my husband's graduation in mid May. Is there a possibility?

I am aware so many factors are involved and nobody is able to give a precise timeline when one gets a visa. Appreciate sharing your experiences to help reduce my anxieties with many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline
2 hours ago, AliceKS said:

Hello. I am a CR1 May 15 filer Texas Services Center. It's been almost 5-1/2 months since my NOA1 notice and according to my timeline, I could be expecting NOA2 late November.

I am trying to prepare as much as possible so when its time to submit my documents to NVC, it could perhaps speed up the process to the embassy.

We went through RapidVisa and my husband has submitted everything including income tax, evidences of property, etc. I believe I only have to come up with police certificates when we get the NOA2 notice unless we are required to provide more evidences.

Here are my questions:
01) I have recently applied online for Malaysia Certificate of Good Conduct. When should I start applying for my police clearance certificates which I need for Thailand and Singapore? Is there a validity for them? I have contacted Bukit Aman Police HQ about getting finger printed and they are most helpful. Was told it could be done on any working days. Thailand and Singapore require supporting document on reason for application. Can I use my NOA1 notice together with the cover of I-130 application or do I have to wait for NOA2?
02) For NOA2 notice, does USCIS really send out notification through emails and sms besides a letter to the mailbox? My husband is flying to Kuala Lumpur January 03, 2018 and will be spending 3 months with me. I am worried the NOA2 notification won't reach him before he flies out.
03) I understand medical test would be the last thing to do prior to interview. Please share what kind of vaccinations you have to take? I saw a long list and feel quite intimidated.
04) How long is estimate time from NOA2 to interview? Could my husband join me to the embassy?

05) I have been looking through some members timelines and feel quite discouraged yet hopeful to get my visa in hand by end of April, 2018. I really hope I could fly to the US for my husband's graduation in mid May. Is there a possibility?

I am aware so many factors are involved and nobody is able to give a precise timeline when one gets a visa. Appreciate sharing your experiences to help reduce my anxieties with many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alice

Hey

we are June filers and nothing yet from USCIS so far.

i will only respond that what i know for sure.

3. If you dont have any vacations, they can do it on the medical exam. 

4. From NOA2 I would say 3-5months. Depends on the country.

5. Yes i would say that you might get into interview between March-May 2018. I am already stressing and i am not even in half way too. But the most dissapointing was to read on actually I think rapid visa that the process takes 7-9months only. And than I came across this forum and was so dissapointed. :D 

1&2 i would like to know too! :-) 

Edited by Meanis
Edit

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Meanis said:

5. Yes i would say that you might get into interview between March-May 2018. I am already stressing and i am not even in half way too. But the most dissapointing was to read on actually I think rapid visa that the process takes 7-9months only. And than I came across this forum and was so dissapointed. :D 

Hello Meanis,
You are absolutely right about the misinformation on timeline at Rapid Visa but they did print at the bottom about factors that may delay the stated time frame. Actually, I would have been much happier if they print out a more realistic timeline. Finding out the processing time through VJ was an eye opener. Extremely upset at first but now let everything takes its course because there is nothing we can do. Now I laugh going through the endless chats I had with my husband over the long waiting period. Overall, I am still happy with Rapid Visa because they handled everything and save us a lot of time because we are both very busy.

One of my concerns about medical exam and vaccinations is my fear of needles (help me God!). Also a relative raised a question about some vaccinations which require several boosters, not just a one time thing. So a few visits to the doctor is needed. This is why I love to hear about what others have gone through at medical.

Edited by AliceKS
spell error

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, AliceKS said:

Hello Meanis,
You are absolutely right about the misinformation on timeline at Rapid Visa but they did print at the bottom about factors that may delay the stated time frame. Actually, I would have been much happier if they print out a more realistic timeline. Finding out the processing time through VJ was an eye opener. Extremely upset at first but now let everything takes its course because there is nothing we can do. Now I laugh going through the endless chats I had with my husband over the long waiting period. Overall, I am still happy with Rapid Visa because they handled everything and save us a lot of time because we are both very busy.

One of my concerns about medical exam and vaccinations is my fear of needles (help me God!). Also a relative raised a question about some vaccinations which require several boosters, not just a one time thing. So a few visits to the doctor is needed. This is why I love to hear about what others have gone through at medical.

the rapid visa might be also the first website I visited regarding the visa process and I liked it. But agree they should actualize the dates.. it might be just marketing but I trully didnt hear about anyone here having his visa done in 7months. Unfortunately. :D 

The medical exam hmm.. I only found this long letter of whats needed. Most of that i dont even know... However i believe some might be covered in one injection. I would ask your doctor what all you already have in your previous vacations from this list. And go from there. 

• Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Penumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Varicella

Timeline
On 10/30/2017 at 1:07 AM, AliceKS said:

Here are my questions:

Regards,
Alice

Hi Alice,

I will reply based on what i know too :-)

2) We only received letter and didnt received any email/SMS. But you definitely can check in the USCIS apps/website to see the approval. 

3) You actually dont really have to worry about it as the doctor will know what to give you. When i went for my medical exam i was given Chickenpox and flu shot.

4) Once NOA2, your case will be sent to NVC. During my time, which was January 2017, it took 10weeks and 1day  to complete my case. At the time, the processing time vary from 10-12 weeks. I am not to sure on the current NVC processing time, you may follow the thread in this forum to get an idea. Once its completed by NVC, they will then forwarded the document to Embassy in KL. Depending on your completion date, your interview time will vary. Usually, interview date are given by the 1st week of each month for the following month. Example your case are completed on Nov 14th, so Expect to get the interview date by early December for January 2018 interview.

5) If you get your NOA2 late November, and didnt delay any document submission/fees to NVC, also NVC timelines still the same, or faster than before, I think you could get your visa by May 2018. And conservatively June 2018.

Edited by USandMalaysia
typos

Our IR-1 Journey

05/20/2016 : Submit our I130 packet

05/23/2016 : NOA1 by Email & Text

05/28/2016 : NOA1 Hardcopy

10/12/2016 : Transferred to Texas Service Centre

10/26/2016 : Approved!???

11/08/2016 : Case sent to Department of State

11/15/2016 : NVC Received

11/23/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

11/23/2016 : Submit DS-261

11/25/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC & AOS fee invoiced

11/26/2016. : Pay AOS Fee

12/01/2016 : IV fee invoiced

12/01/2016 : Pay IV fee

12/05/2016 : Submit DS-260 online

12/09/2016 : Mail AOS & IV packet

Timeline
10 hours ago, USandMalaysia said:

Hi Alice,

I will reply based on what i know too :-)

2) We only received letter and didnt received any email/SMS. But you definitely can check in the USCIS apps/website to see the approval. 

3) You actually dont really have to worry about it as the doctor will know what to give you. When i went for my medical exam i was given Chickenpox and flu shot.

4) Once NOA2, your case will be sent to NVC. During my time, which was January 2017, it took 10weeks and 1day  to complete my case. At the time, the processing time vary from 10-12 weeks. I am not to sure on the current NVC processing time, you may follow the thread in this forum to get an idea. Once its completed by NVC, they will then forwarded the document to Embassy in KL. Depending on your completion date, your interview time will vary. Usually, interview date are given by the 1st week of each month for the following month. Example your case are completed on Nov 14th, so Expect to get the interview date by early December for January 2018 interview.

5) If you get your NOA2 late November, and didnt delay any document submission/fees to NVC, also NVC timelines still the same, or faster than before, I think you could get your visa by May 2018. And conservatively June 2018.

Thanks so much for writing to me!
Malaysian Police Clearance was the easiest and it was approved in 5 days. I decided to submit my NOA1 receipt to Singapore and the appeal was approved. Just paid the fee yesterday and waiting for approval before doing the finger printing.
Glad to know the doctor isn't going to give me all the shots in the list! That's a relief.

Thanks for detailing the timeline of your NOA2 approval to NVC and interview. I'll be happy if I could just make it for my husband's graduation in late May.

Timeline
14 hours ago, AliceKS said:

Thanks so much for writing to me!
Malaysian Police Clearance was the easiest and it was approved in 5 days. I decided to submit my NOA1 receipt to Singapore and the appeal was approved. Just paid the fee yesterday and waiting for approval before doing the finger printing.
Glad to know the doctor isn't going to give me all the shots in the list! That's a relief.

Thanks for detailing the timeline of your NOA2 approval to NVC and interview. I'll be happy if I could just make it for my husband's graduation in late May.

No Problem. :-) You may look at my timelines. Our timelines are pretty much the same except mine is 2016 and yours is 2017. We submitted our I-130 in May 2016. You may minus 1 month from my timelines as we have 1 month delay in submitting our documents to NVC as it was stucked at Rapidvisa. 

Our IR-1 Journey

05/20/2016 : Submit our I130 packet

05/23/2016 : NOA1 by Email & Text

05/28/2016 : NOA1 Hardcopy

10/12/2016 : Transferred to Texas Service Centre

10/26/2016 : Approved!???

11/08/2016 : Case sent to Department of State

11/15/2016 : NVC Received

11/23/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

11/23/2016 : Submit DS-261

11/25/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC & AOS fee invoiced

11/26/2016. : Pay AOS Fee

12/01/2016 : IV fee invoiced

12/01/2016 : Pay IV fee

12/05/2016 : Submit DS-260 online

12/09/2016 : Mail AOS & IV packet

Timeline
5 hours ago, USandMalaysia said:

No Problem. :-) You may look at my timelines. Our timelines are pretty much the same except mine is 2016 and yours is 2017. We submitted our I-130 in May 2016. You may minus 1 month from my timelines as we have 1 month delay in submitting our documents to NVC as it was stucked at Rapidvisa. 

I did look at your timeline. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the number of applications have tripled so I will have to add additional month/s to yours. It does gives me an impression on what to expect. May I ask why your documents were held up at Rapidvisa? Thanks for reaching out. Appreciate it.

• 6 months later...
Timeline
On 11/8/2017 at 11:31 AM, AliceKS said:

I did look at your timeline. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the number of applications have tripled so I will have to add additional month/s to yours. It does gives me an impression on what to expect. May I ask why your documents were held up at Rapidvisa? Thanks for reaching out. Appreciate it.

@AliceKS hi! From your timeline, you recently had your interview. How did your interview go? 

Timeline

Hi Muffinji,
Interview went very well. I am leaving to US this Sunday. The US Embassy allocated a day just for Immigrant visa applications so there weren't many people. I estimated about 30 minutes from entering the building, sorting out the documents they required from a list I was given in one room and proceeded to the counter first to check all documents are in place and then a short waiting time before I was called to another counter for a 5 minutes interview. My passport with visa was delivered on Monday after my Thursday interview. Counselor officer asked when we met, married and to show photos evidence of our relationship. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, AliceKS said:

Hi Muffinji,
Interview went very well. I am leaving to US this Sunday. The US Embassy allocated a day just for Immigrant visa applications so there weren't many people. I estimated about 30 minutes from entering the building, sorting out the documents they required from a list I was given in one room and proceeded to the counter first to check all documents are in place and then a short waiting time before I was called to another counter for a 5 minutes interview. My passport with visa was delivered on Monday after my Thursday interview. Counselor officer asked when we met, married and to show photos evidence of our relationship. 

Thanks. That is awesome! Congrats! :D 

• 6 months later...

hello everyone,

I received my NOA 2 on the 5 th oct 2018 and waiting ever since for the NVC to ask for other details. 1. I am done with the Good conduct cert from  the police department and currently waiting eagerly for the NVC ... does anyone know roughly when will i get the answer it is now 1 month and  1 week.  

2. I understand that the next is the submission of documents and payment to NVC and waiting for interview... did i miss anything here besides the medical checkups and do the NVC come with the documents for this.?

Thank you so much and hoping for some answers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.