AndyCandy

How long before we receive the letter for request for initial evidence after sending a service request from the USCIS website?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When i checked my case status online, it says that the request for initial evidence for AOS was sent last Sept. 26, 2017 but we still didn't receive the letter up to this day, which has been a month. We called USCIS and then they said that we have to wait another 30 days for the letter, which is really frustrating because they're prolonging the process and there's no way we can know what evidence they really need. Is there someone out there who experienced the same thing?

Timeline

They can be really slow on the process depending on who’s handling your case. I filed AOS July 8, and submitted an SR September 25th. Didn’t get an RFIE until October 10th. That’s exactly 90 days after I received my NOA1. I also got a feeling that my application has been sitting on a desk and someone only look into it when I submitted an SR. Although my case status online didn’t changed to RFIE until October 17th and I already got the letter from the mail. I’m sorry I can’t really answer your question for sure, but that was my experience. Good luck to you!

Most of the time applicants receive their RF(I)E letter within seven days to fourteen.

It's weird they ask you to wait another 30 days.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline

That's alright :) I actually filed my AOS June 30th and already did my Biometrics last August 2nd, then Sept.26, online status said Request for Initial Evidence was mailed. Already received my EAD/AP combo card in the mail last Oct. 21st..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

Most of the time applicants receive their RF(I)E letter within seven days to fourteen.

It's weird they ask you to wait another 30 days.

We waited for one month for the letter to get in the mail, but still didn't receive any letter from them regarding the initial evidence they're asking.. And then they wanted us to wait for another 30 days from the time the service request was made.. So frustrating.

9 minutes ago, Ehri&Mark said:

They can be really slow on the process depending on who’s handling your case. I filed AOS July 8, and submitted an SR September 25th. Didn’t get an RFIE until October 10th. That’s exactly 90 days after I received my NOA1. I also got a feeling that my application has been sitting on a desk and someone only look into it when I submitted an SR. Although my case status online didn’t changed to RFIE until October 17th and I already got the letter from the mail. I’m sorry I can’t really answer your question for sure, but that was my experience. Good luck to you!

That's alright :) I actually filed my AOS June 30th and already did my Biometrics last August 2nd, then Sept.26, online status said Request for Initial Evidence was mailed. Already received my EAD/AP combo card in the mail last Oct. 21st..

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AndyCandy said:

Lucky you. I did my biometrics Aug 9 and thought it has been going smooth, but received RFIE October 10th so they had to put my EAD on hold as well. I agree it can really be frustrating. When you check your case online, doesn’t it show a link where you can request a copy of the RFIE letter in case you didn’t receive it? Because on my case status online it does say a link where I can request a copy.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ehri&Mark said:

Lucky you. I did my biometrics Aug 9 and thought it has been going smooth, but received RFIE October 10th so they had to put my EAD on hold as well. I agree it can really be frustrating. When you check your case online, doesn’t it show a link where you can request a copy of the RFIE letter in case you didn’t receive it? Because on my case status online it does say a link where I can request a copy.

Yes it has a link and i already did that, which they said that it might take another 30 days again. If i still don't get the letter, i will have to call them again. :(

Timeline
Just now, AndyCandy said:

Yes it has a link and i already did that, which they said that it might take another 30 days again. If i still don't get the letter, i will have to call them again. :(

Wow. That’s a long wait and it added to the frustration since you knew it was an RFIE and yet you can’t find out what for. Do you have an informed delivery from USPS? You can see what mail you’re getting on that day. It can be helpful as you’d know what mail to expect, whether it got lost or stolen.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ehri&Mark said:

Wow. That’s a long wait and it added to the frustration since you knew it was an RFIE and yet you can’t find out what for. Do you have an informed delivery from USPS? You can see what mail you’re getting on that day. It can be helpful as you’d know what mail to expect, whether it got lost or stolen.

How do i get the informed delivery from USPS?

Timeline
1 minute ago, AndyCandy said:

How do i get the informed delivery from USPS?

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

You can sign up and you’ll get an email if you’re getting a mail on a particular day.

Good luck!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ehri&Mark said:

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

You can sign up and you’ll get an email if you’re getting a mail on a particular day.

Good luck!

Sounds good. Thank you so much!

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.