Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mano said:

Actually ur green card will show that either its for two years or for ten years.. If u got ur GC after two years of marriage then yes u will get ten years of GC in IR1.

No one can assume the processing speed but in my experience they take the same time..

Green card holder wait for the visa # to be available and US citizen do not wait

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

Green card holder wait for the visa # to be available and US citizen do not wait

B-) question was about marriage duration n visa category n i think u r talking about petitioner status.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

Might be a misunderstanding im saying when my wife had her interview our visa was cr1 its been more then 7 months in ap which i have no idea on why its in ap even tho we have a 11 month old daughter. So when the visa turns into ir1 will the process of her getting the visa be quick? That my question... sorry for not clarifying

Timeline
4 hours ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Might be a misunderstanding im saying when my wife had her interview our visa was cr1 its been more then 7 months in ap which i have no idea on why its in ap even tho we have a 11 month old daughter. So when the visa turns into ir1 will the process of her getting the visa be quick? That my question... sorry for not clarifying

no problem may be i read it from different triangle. doesn't matter if its CR1 or IR, AP process is the same and once everything is clear under AP then officer will issue the visa to her. changing visa category will not speed up AP process. good luck buddy

2 hours ago, Deeba said:

Helo everyone. MY K1 visa is refused after 7 months. Co kept my passport with him.my status was ready all the time after interview but two days before it changed into refused.My visa is refused under the section of NIC 221g. Can someone tell me that what does it mean ?

what is K1 visa category for? i'm so sad to hear about it :blink:  and this makes me horrified to cores. how your visa interview went and what was their final words before they told you to all done ma'am. also have they provided some reasons or letter stating what are the underlying reasons for denial, i mean there must be something in written by officer

Edited by silverhawk

hello seniors / senoritas,

just to keep everyone posted, on their toes and this tread alive, today i'm going to share something that might help in longer run to analyze past trend for issuance of visa by consular office in view of each category. so please familiarize with abbreviations of each category to understand monthly trends and one of the category might be associated with yours too. The most important section is "Family-Sponsored Preferences" under that each preferences are clearly defined. :whistle:

URL: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/Immigrant Visa Symbols.pdf

Best,

12 hours ago, silverhawk said:

what is K1 visa category for? i'm so sad to hear about it :blink:  and this makes me horrified to cores. how your visa interview went and what was their final words before they told you to all done ma'am. also have they provided some reasons or letter stating what are the underlying reasons for denial, i mean there must be something in written by officer

K1 visa is fiance visa . They still have my passport. Should I take it back ???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/1/2018 at 12:02 PM, razi002 said:

28th Feb interview done. Passports taken

...looking for march one now and ofcourse how they process it. So far no update on 2016 case still in AP.

Visas issued for feb 28 case today. March 7th interview passports are taken by saying u gonna get visa in 5-10 days. No update for far for 2016 cases.

Timeline
On 3/3/2018 at 7:29 AM, silverhawk said:

does anybody has good news since last week so please share.

no news is good news..:rolleyes:... my last case was update feb 27:unsure:

6 hours ago, razi002 said:

Visas issued for feb 28 case today. March 7th interview passports are taken by saying u gonna get visa in 5-10 days. No update for far for 2016 cases.

Congrat!!!!! that was super fast..did you do any taaweez or something.. lol:jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.