Geo_nerd82

Applications down but wait times up?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So, I was looking at the USCIS published application numbers for all various visa application types here: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports and Studies/Immigration Forms Data/All Form Types/Quarterly_All_Forms_FY17Q3.pdf 

and was trying to figure out why there was a sudden uptick in wait times at the beginning of the third quarter of the fiscal year (see the NOA1 to NOA2 graphs for the CSC and TSC here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical where the curve "should" go down like it did at the same time before, it trends up suddenly instead around the start of quarter three of this current fiscal year.) I noticed something weird though: almost all the application received numbers were actually down for Q3 than for Q2. The K1 approved apps were way down for Q2 compared to Q3 (2,000 some versus 9,000 some, respectively), and the DACA numbers were down, too so it seems like our collective hypothesis about that might be wrong. BUT, I also noticed that the applications for nonimmigrant worker visas pretty much doubled (111,000 to 222,000) from Q2 to Q3, so maybe that's it??

Anyways, I'm not much of a number cruncher or data analyst, so maybe I'm way off here, but maybe this could shed some light why the wait times got real long all of a sudden.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Geo_nerd82 said:

So, I was looking at the USCIS published application numbers for all various visa application types here: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports and Studies/Immigration Forms Data/All Form Types/Quarterly_All_Forms_FY17Q3.pdf 

and was trying to figure out why there was a sudden uptick in wait times at the beginning of the third quarter of the fiscal year (see the NOA1 to NOA2 graphs for the CSC and TSC here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical where the curve "should" go down like it did at the same time before, it trends up suddenly instead around the start of quarter three of this current fiscal year.) I noticed something weird though: almost all the application received numbers were actually down for Q3 than for Q2. The K1 approved apps were way down for Q2 compared to Q3 (2,000 some versus 9,000 some, respectively), and the DACA numbers were down, too so it seems like our collective hypothesis about that might be wrong. BUT, I also noticed that the applications for nonimmigrant worker visas pretty much doubled (111,000 to 222,000) from Q2 to Q3, so maybe that's it??

Anyways, I'm not much of a number cruncher or data analyst, so maybe I'm way off here, but maybe this could shed some light why the wait times got real long all of a sudden.

I am waiting for the Q4 of this.

exactly same thoughts! I believe the administration scaring h1b applicants made a jump in h1bs because they need to file in April, it is a really small window. Probably they also had to process them.. 

i checked through other years too. And other then 2017Q2 they were always approving or denying almost the same amount of whatever they received (of course from pending cases but numbers were same) 

basically we are suffering from Whatever happened in Q2 which I believe January to march... however one more key point for this timeline is the freezing of government jobs. They may have gone way understaffed during this time on top of everything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.