TracyTN

Packet 4!

71 posts in this topic

So Chas and I just mailed back packet 3 on Monday (4/16). Today, we got packet 4 in the mail with an interview date of June 8th at 9 am!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The letter was dated on Thursday. I cannot believe the fast turnaround on this - have no idea why or how we got that so quickly. But I'm not complaining!!! :D:dancing: AND today is Chas' birthday. :)(L)

Finally we can start making more firm plans instead of talking about everything in more general terms.

WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats, Tracy ! :thumbs: You've waited a long time for this moment. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Thanks you two! :)

Did have one question for the UKers though - all we received is the appointment letter. The embassy guide here says we should also have received instructions for the interview and the visa payment slip. Is that correct, or do they send those at a later date? (Or is the embassy info section out of date?)

SA4userbar.jpg

Wow. That WAS fast. How perfect that Chas' medical, sending packet 3 and receiving Packet 4 all happened whilst you were there. Bet that made Chas' birthday even better? I'm so glad that since hitting NVC things have moved along nicely for you both! :thumbs:

Our Packet 4 (from last month) had just the interview date and instructions to bring it and my passport along--no pay slip included. With the exchange rate, the visa was less than 50 quid!

Sent forms to attorney 10-12-06

NOA1...........................11-17-06

NOA2............................2-15-07

NVC rcv'd......................2-22-07

NVC sent 2 embassy.......2-23-07

Rcv'd Packet 3................3-2-07

Packet 3 sent..................3-9-07

Medical scheduled............3-29-07

Interview-Approved.........4-19-07

Flight to USA....................5-26-07

Wedding..........................5-30-07

AOS Journey

Applied for SSN in married name .........6-27-07

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago......6-29-07

SSN received (Wow! that was quick!).....7-3-07

NOA1 for AOS and AP ..........................7-16-07 (EAD amount wrong...oops, added $70 extra for biometrics

Checks cashed for AOS and AP.............7-19-07

Passed Michigan Driver's Test................7-31-07

Biometrics for AOS ..............................8-01-07

AP approved........................................8-09-07 (Day 24)

AOS Interview......................................10-25-07 (APPROVED)

Card production ordered.......................10-30-07

GC rec'd..............................................11-5-07 (w/effective date 10-25-07

Removing Conditions

Mailed pkg........................................9-10-09

NOA .................................................9-14-09

Biometrics.........................................10-23-09

Card Production Ordered (At Last!!).01-13-10

Thanks chelseafan :) It did make his birthday better - we were both just so surprised to get it this fast! I was prepared to go home next Saturday and wait a few more weeks before we heard anything.

Its odd that all we got was the letter which mentioned the IV18 that was then not included. The letter even says 'Enc: Packet 4' at the bottom, but nothing was enclosed. The letter doesn't mention bringing his passport, nor does it say to bring the letter along to the interview (although we know he needs to).

Sounds to me as if they simply forgot to enclose the enclosure!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Woo hoo! Congrats Tracy! I think you now pay at the Embassy, so if they forgot to put in a payment slip I'm sure they can give you another copy then.

Soooooo, pleased for ya. Not long now and Chas'll be on his way to good old Tenneseeeeeeeee! :thumbs:

Edit: Happy Birthday Chas!

Edited by mags

awww Tracy! I am so so happy for you guys!

Happy Birthday too Chas!

He will have his interview in time for you guys to make it to my wedding on the 23rd!! *ha haa* see ya then!!

Really guys...You deserved the quickness on this one!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Cheers Amanda! I'm sure Chas will do his best to make it here in time for your wedding. ;) Ha. At least we now know for sure that he'll be here for the Rush show in August. :dancing:

SA4userbar.jpg

Congratulations!!! I'm trying to guesstimate when our interview will be, but it's hard without getting packet 3 first. As long as it isn't the first week of June, we're OK.

Happy birthday to your guy!

AOS:

02/29/2008 - Wedding Day!

03/29/2008 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago registered mail

04/04/2008 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04-10-2008 - Check cashed!

04-12-2008 - NOA1s arrive for AP & AOS

04-18-2008 - Biometrics appt letter arrives

04-29-2008 - Biometrics appointment!

04-30-2008 - AOS status shows up online

05-16-2008 - AP status shows up online - both AP & AOS are touched!

06-05-2008 - AP touched and email sent saying AP has been approved

06-12-2008 - AP arrives in the mail

07-10-2008 - Interview letter arrives - interview scheduled for 09/05/08

09-05-2008 - Interview in SF (don't bring your cellphone!) -- approved! Email sent saying card has been ordered!

09-13-2008 - Welcome to the United States letter arrives

09-15-2008 - Green card arrives in the mail! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Things go pretty fast now, psho. And since our interview is the 2nd week of June, I'd be surprised if yours got scheduled for the first week in June (though I guess you never know).

Worst case, if they did schedule it for that week, you could email them and tell them its not convenient for you and request another date.

SA4userbar.jpg

Yay!!! I've not been around much the last couple of weeks, but just reappeared in time to see this... that's fantastic, Tracy, I'm soooo glad!! Not much longer to wait now... and it'll be so much easier going back home knowing that Chas's interview's not that far away, and that the two of you will be back together in (relatively speaking) no time at all... I say it again: YAAAAAYYY!!! So pleased for you! Hope you're having a fantastic time over here, by the way! :)

Oh, as for the question about the payment slip etc... I'm pretty sure our Packet 4 just contained the interview letter and a reminder to book the medical if I hadn't already, with a list of stuff to bring to the interview (the stuff from the checklist)... was just looking for it to double check, and can't find the bloody thing now - must be in the bottom of a box or case somewhere! But there was definitely no payment slip, I just paid in cash on the day ( I think that was mentioned in the 'extra' sheet in Packet 4, too)... there's a cashier's window in the Embassy, and everyone was being sent there to pay their visa fee. I'm sure you know this already, but might as well repeat it - taking $100 in cash is a much better plan than paying £60-whatever-it-is (£63?) by any other method, so get Chas to save a few quid by doing it that way. The courier fee has to be paid in sterling, though... :)

Will stop wittering now, but I think this deserves some of these:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

See, I told you the visa god's had it all confused :lol:

Really glad it came for you though, now its not too long!

As for packet 4 thingy, mine did have the thingy included but that was december and it sounds that this year they aren't including that anymore and all the recent interviews have been pay on the day - so don't worry!

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Cheers Amanda! I'm sure Chas will do his best to make it here in time for your wedding. ;) Ha. At least we now know for sure that he'll be here for the Rush show in August. :dancing:

Well make sure he packs our gift in his case when he moves!! :hehe:

I am just so thrilled at the moment. Seems like it is coming together for a lot of us!!

Next step AOS....I guess I should start getting stuff together now but I can't say I haven't enjoyed this break from the paperwork!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.