Scaret_e

CRBA US EMBASSY PHILIPPINES

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

im in the process of getting all my paper work for the Crba. 

She’s been separated with her ex husband for awhile now. 

We been together for almost 3 years now.  We have a new born daughter together and I was there through her pregnancy. 

One of the documents need is “evidence of termination of any previous marriages( divorce decree, annulment decree, or death certificate). 

She doesn’t even have a annulment certificate yet but we’re on the process of doing so. 

Will they give us a hard time? 

Because she doesn’t have a anullment certificate?

Even though I have evrything else that is needed??

someone please help??😣

Edited by Scaret_e

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child’s name.

According to U.S. law, a CRBA is proof of U.S. citizenship and may be used to obtain a U.S. passport and register for school, among other purposes.

The child’s parents may choose to apply for a U.S. passport for the child at the same time that they apply for a CRBA. Parents may also choose to apply only for a U.S. passport for the child. Like a CRBA, a full validity, unexpired U.S. passport is proof of U.S. citizenship.

they may requrie a DNA test and most likely will

Timeline
3 hours ago, kris&me said:

If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child’s name.

According to U.S. law, a CRBA is proof of U.S. citizenship and may be used to obtain a U.S. passport and register for school, among other purposes.

The child’s parents may choose to apply for a U.S. passport for the child at the same time that they apply for a CRBA. Parents may also choose to apply only for a U.S. passport for the child. Like a CRBA, a full validity, unexpired U.S. passport is proof of U.S. citizenship.

they may requrie a DNA test and most likely will

Well if they require a dna test, is there some where in metro manila that I can go and get the result same day or next day later? So I be able to bring it to the interview ask proof also. 

I don’t have much time to burn especially if I’m only allowed for a week. 

Hopefully i wont have to get a dna test. 

Timeline

I have all the documents needed for the interview but I don’t have u.s. birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, nor a certificate of citizenship. 

But I was a citizen of the United States at the age of 14. My mother did all the process for me to become a u.s citizen. 

Point is are they going to give me a hard time during the interview since I don’t have those documents, all I have is my passport proving 

u.s. citizen. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/11/2017 at 9:38 AM, Scaret_e said:

I have all the documents needed for the interview but I don’t have u.s. birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, nor a certificate of citizenship. 

But I was a citizen of the United States at the age of 14. My mother did all the process for me to become a u.s citizen. 

Point is are they going to give me a hard time during the interview since I don’t have those documents, all I have is my passport proving 

u.s. citizen. 

On 10/11/2017 at 9:38 AM, Scaret_e said:

u.s. citizen. 

Did you mail in your crba application with photocopies of evidence already? I mailed mine and got a quick reply with appointment date and listed things  im "missing" to bring on my appointment 10 days from now. Im stressing out because i need to find more evidence.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jeanine84 said:

Did you mail in your crba application with photocopies of evidence already? I mailed mine and got a quick reply with appointment date and listed things  im "missing" to bring on my appointment 10 days from now. Im stressing out because i need to find more evidence.

No I haven’t mailed in my  crba application yet. 

I have everything else that I need for it except the certificate of citizen nor naturalization. 

I became a citizen through my parents naturalized.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

No I haven’t mailed in my  crba application yet. 

I have everything else that I need for it except the certificate of citizen nor naturalization. 

I became a citizen through my parents naturalized.

What did u send and what are you missing?

Filed: Other Timeline
43 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

What did u send and what are you missing?

Im the us citizen parent (mother) out of wedlock , so i need to prove one year in usa 365 days. 

I originally sent hs transcripts w2 and 1040 with copies of passport stamps. But i guess they want precise documentation for 365 days which im confused as how ill prove that. During my high school days i didnt even own a passport. I have some stamps on my passport that look promising but im not sure if its enough, i was a stay at home parent at the time (other child) so no job and no medical problems so no medical record. Im feeling at a loss and hope ill come up with something or theyll go easy on me with the stamps. Interview in 10 days.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Jeanine84 said:

Im the us citizen parent (mother) out of wedlock , so i need to prove one year in usa 365 days. 

I originally sent hs transcripts w2 and 1040 with copies of passport stamps. But i guess they want precise documentation for 365 days which im confused as how ill prove that. During my high school days i didnt even own a passport. I have some stamps on my passport that look promising but im not sure if its enough, i was a stay at home parent at the time (other child) so no job and no medical problems so no medical record. Im feeling at a loss and hope ill come up with something or theyll go easy on me with the stamps. Interview in 10 days.

Where is your interview at if u don’t mind me asking?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.