cherryblossoms916

How can I track my passport at 2go courier

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Hank...yes, i tracked the passport via 2go using MNL#, passport number, and even the uid from the confirmation letter and they all resulted to "no status available". I called the visa center and they didnt have much info other than saying ceac shows issued. 😯 i was advised to call again after 10 working days for follow-up so they could open a case for it.

Edited by harley2012

My fiance had her interview in Manila on November 28th.

We had the status change to issued on Dec 4th. 

2Go got her passport at 10am on Friday the 7th.

We went to the 2go office Friday night and they didn't have it yet even though we are picking it up in Manila at a 2go location less than 10km from the embassy. They said Monday.

Their website said in transit on Monday morning and the mall opened at 11 so we went there for lunch. Her package was there on their counter. 

So Issued on 4th, picked up locally on the 10th.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, harley2012 said:

Hi Hank...yes, i tracked the passport via 2go using MNL#, passport number, and even the uid from the confirmation letter and they all resulted to "no status available". I called the visa center and they didnt have much info other than saying ceac shows issued. 😯 i was advised to call again after 10 working days for follow-up so they could open a case for it.

Do note that weekends don't count.   ISSUED status was on the 3rd, can take 2 days before the visa package is ready for pickup by 2GO, that is the 5th (end of day)  .. the weekend doesn't count .. and you are looking at Tuesday morning now.  I would be patient until Friday.    And like said you are north of Manila a few hours ..    patience. .. it will arrive.

What phone number did the embassy have on record?

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks again, Hank...we really have to patiently wait...hopefully it comes this friday...my dad also called the visa center today requesting escalation of his visa and he got an email confirming the follow-up request.  Praying here for a favorable outcome as this has been a very long process for us that included the waiting period for a waiver to be approved. Thanks again. (Embassy has my Dad's cp#)

Edited by harley2012

11 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

My fiance had her interview in Manila on November 28th.

We had the status change to issued on Dec 4th. 

2Go got her passport at 10am on Friday the 7th.

We went to the 2go office Friday night and they didn't have it yet even though we are picking it up in Manila at a 2go location less than 10km from the embassy. They said Monday.

Their website said in transit on Monday morning and the mall opened at 11 so we went there for lunch. Her package was there on their counter. 

So Issued on 4th, picked up locally on the 10th.

Wow...that is great for you guys. Now, that makes me wonder if it is different for K1 visa...mine is IR5 (parent). When we called, my Dad doesnt have a tracker yet, which means that his visa is still at the embassy..

6 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Do note that weekends don't count.   ISSUED status was on the 3rd, can take 2 days before the visa package is ready for pickup by 2GO, that is the 5th (end of day)  .. the weekend doesn't count .. and you are looking at Tuesday morning now.  I would be patient until Friday.    And like said you are north of Manila a few hours ..    patience. .. it will arrive.

What phone number did the embassy have on record?

When my Dad called up, he was informed that they do not have a tracker yet for his visa which means that visa is still with the embassy 😯 is that something we have to worry about? If it says issued that means he got approved, right? And one more thing, the immigration officer/co said he approved my Dad's and will receive his visa within that timeframe (and he was asked to pay the PHP17K).

Edited by harley2012

Timeline
5 hours ago, harley2012 said:

When my Dad called up, he was informed that they do not have a tracker yet for his visa which means that visa is still with the embassy 😯 is that something we have to worry about? If it says issued that means he got approved, right? And one more thing, the immigration officer/co said he approved my Dad's and will receive his visa within that timeframe (and he was asked to pay the PHP17K).

What type of visa did your dad apply for?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, harley2012 said:

IR5

Who asked your dad to pay P17k ?     The visa fee was paid at the NVC phase of this process (which included delivery of the visa), there are no other fees from the embassy.

Medical fee is about P17K maybe that is what your dad referred to

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

15 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Who asked your dad to pay P17k ?     The visa fee was paid at the NVC phase of this process (which included delivery of the visa), there are no other fees from the embassy.

Medical fee is about P17K maybe that is what your dad referred to

He paid PHP17K for the Medical at SLMEC and then at the interview, he paid US$325 (PHP17,875.00) representing IV App IR/Family Based.  He was given an official receipt for the payment.

Timeline
3 hours ago, harley2012 said:

He paid PHP17K for the Medical at SLMEC and then at the interview, he paid US$325 (PHP17,875.00) representing IV App IR/Family Based.  He was given an official receipt for the payment.

Really, paid the visa fee at the embassy?     The visa fee was not collected by NVC?   That is unusual for sure ..   did you do a DCF of the I-130 ?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Really, paid the visa fee at the embassy?     The visa fee was not collected by NVC?   That is unusual for sure ..   did you do a DCF of the I-130 ?

The fee, the way i understood, was for the application for IV.. it is like a fee for a tourist visa. I paid the visa fee online years ago along with the biometrics. What is DCF?

Timeline
Just now, harley2012 said:

The fee, the way i understood, was for the application for IV.. it is like a fee for a tourist visa. I paid the visa fee online years ago along with the biometrics. What is DCF?

Yes but normally with immigrant visas the the visa fee is paid to NVCNVC then schedules the interview after completing all process there.

DCF is a Direct Consulate Filing .. where you file with USCIS at the embassy instead of in the USA (petitioner must be present in the Phils for a required time to do this).  With this process the visa fee is paid directly to the embassy.

Did you complete AOS with NVC before the case file was forwarded to the embassy?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yes but normally with immigrant visas the the visa fee is paid to NVCNVC then schedules the interview after completing all process there.

DCF is a Direct Consulate Filing .. where you file with USCIS at the embassy instead of in the USA (petitioner must be present in the Phils for a required time to do this).  With this process the visa fee is paid directly to the embassy.

Did you complete AOS with NVC before the case file was forwarded to the embassy?

AOS was submitted to the US Embassy in Manila as one of the requirements he had to take with him at the interview. The I-130 was filed in US in 2011 and approved in 2012. After paying all necessary fees including AOS, first interview was in Jan 2013 but visa was refused. He was at that point requested to file I-601 which was submitted in 2017 and got approved in October 2018. Then, he received a letter from US Embassy Manila informing him and requiring him to complete DS-260 (Application for Immigrant Visa) online, schedule an Immigrant Visa Application Interview, submit updated Medical Exam, new AOS, NBI/police clearance, and pertinent NSO docs...at the interview, he was informed that he is apprived for a visa and will receive it within 7-10 days...and until now, to nil.

Edited by harley2012

Timeline
Just now, harley2012 said:

AOS was submitted to the US Embassy in Manila as one of the requirements he had to take with him at the interview. The I-130 was filed in US in 2011 and approved in 2012. After paying all necessary fees inclusing AOS, girst interview was in Jan 2013 but visa was refused. He was at that point requested to file I-601 whih was submitted in 2017 and got approved in October 2018. Then, he received a letter from US Embassy Manila informing him and requiring him to complete DS-260 (Application for Immigrant Visa) online, schedule an Immigrant Visa Application Interview, submit updated Medical Exam, new AOS, NBI/police clearance, and pertinent NSO docs...at the interview, he was informed that he is apprived for a visa and will receive it within 7-10 days...and until now, to nil.

Ah ... this has been ongoing for years with the embassy.   That explains everything, and why the visa fee was paid by your dad at the embassy.  I truly do appreciate your patience and answering my questions.

As for the visa, and your dad being 5 hours north of Manila, I would not expect anything until tomorrow (Friday).    Do keep checking 2GO tracking

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.