Annie+Mike

Forms !!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

:help:

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting on this site- I am in the process of applying for a K-1 Visa

Presently I have recieved documents from the US embassy in Dublin and am told to Fill out the DS-230 and send it off to them as soon as possible...

:blink: The only thing is that I have visited my fiancee on a number of times, have had J1 Visa's and have overstayed a holiday 90 day visa in the states ;)

I have lost my passport though and am not 100% sure of dates of entry or exit to the states.. does anyone have any words of advise for me- also does anyone know A time frame of how ling the process should be from here?

I would really appreciate any guidance anyone can give me.. :blush:

Looking forward to someone, anyone Please!!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Try to find out dates through some other means like contacting the airline you flew on or and creadit card puchases you did those days and such, make sure you mention your overstay and there is nothing worse then mis-representation.

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: Timeline
:help:

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting on this site- I am in the process of applying for a K-1 Visa

Presently I have recieved documents from the US embassy in Dublin and am told to Fill out the DS-230 and send it off to them as soon as possible...

:blink: The only thing is that I have visited my fiancee on a number of times, have had J1 Visa's and have overstayed a holiday 90 day visa in the states ;)

I have lost my passport though and am not 100% sure of dates of entry or exit to the states.. does anyone have any words of advise for me- also does anyone know A time frame of how ling the process should be from here?

I would really appreciate any guidance anyone can give me.. :blush:

Looking forward to someone, anyone Please!!

hi..i had a previous overstayed j1 also..i overstayed 2 months. i hope we will be fine..my lawyer said that i should not have big problems with that, because i dididn't overstayed more than 180 days...what's very important...be honest at interview..tell them u overstayed if they ask..be honest. i wish u good luck :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

How are you? I'm from Ireland and got my Visa in December. I was really blessed and the whole thing took about 4 months for me! File all the paper at once in one packet. One tip i would give you is get the police report done now as that was the one thing that delayed me. Ant questions at all please post it and i'll look out for it. Whatever you do dont stress, it can take time will long waits but it will go through.

Dermot

Marie Boothe & Dermot O'Mahony

January 2005: Met in Church

March 2006: Dermot's first visit to the AZ desert!

June 2006: I'm back in Ireland

23 July 2006: Engaged!

2 August: Back in Arizona without Dermot

15 August: NOA1 receipt in mail

4 October: wishing and hoping

12 October: visit to Ireland and my fiance

16 October: touched! someone did something

with our case! no change in status though.

2 November: NOA2!!!

1 February: Dermot is back in the good old USA

10 March: Married at last! - no more goodbyes

31 March: AOS mailed

3 May: I-485, Request for Initial Evidence recieved.

20 May: RIE mailed

• 2 weeks later...

I have lost my passport though and am not 100% sure of dates of entry or exit to the states.. does anyone have any words of advise for me-

I'd recommend writing more or less what you wrote here. For example "one visit in the first half of 2005, approximately three and a half months...". You don't have to emphasize your overstay :) They are probably only looking for overstays of over 180 days - those that would trigger a ban.

also does anyone know A time frame of how ling the process should be from here?

That depends mainly on you :) Be sure to make a doctor appointment as soon as possible - the next available date may be in a month or so. Also, when you send all the paperwork to the embassy, wait a week or two and call them. Otherwise you may wait a long time for your interview date.

And do not worry. The US Embassy staff in Dublin are really nice and helpful - at least those in the immigrant visa section. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.