• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great news! Congrats. :thumbs:

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Very good news - now at least you have a firm date in hand.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Never heard of having to make an appt 10 days in advance of putting in a memo,lol. I think he just wants more preciouis Tim Horton Time!! The power of the "Tim" is strong!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Never heard of having to make an appt 10 days in advance of putting in a memo,lol. I think he just wants more preciouis Tim Horton Time!! The power of the "Tim" is strong!!

Flames .. you crack me up! :lol:

Congrats on things going well!!!

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
30 days from today is his release date :D

the thing that cracked me up was he needed to book an appt 10 days in advance to submit a memo.....friggin idiots

Stupid bureaucracy! But he'll be with you soon and you didn't have to kill or clone him! :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I gotta tell ya......Petawawa is an entity all it's own. He once had to make an appointment to have the base surgeon make a phone call. When he booked the apppointment he told the secretary ( I guess she was ) that he needed the BS to call Ottawa and find out the status of his release. He gets there to see the BS and he says " I'll call Ottawa. Make an appointment to see me next week and I'll let you know what I find out". UGH!!!

Anyway......he was home this past weekend and we were on our way home from a party. We were passing a Tim Hortons and I asked if he wanted to stop...........HE SAID NO....I said OMG Im telling Flames and now you're a REALLY gonna be in his bad books. :D

Thanks you guys .......Im glad it's finally going to be over. He called Montreal to inquire as to what exactly he'll require for them to issue the visa. They said anything that shows a confirmed release date AND they said he could fax it............i didnt they even had a fax machine there ;)

Stupid bureaucracy! But he'll be with you soon and you didn't have to kill or clone him! :)

I'd still like an extra to do the dishes while he's doing laundry :D

google.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks you guys .......Im glad it's finally going to be over. He called Montreal to inquire as to what exactly he'll require for them to issue the visa. They said anything that shows a confirmed release date AND they said he could fax it............i didnt they even had a fax machine there ;)
They do have a fax machine there... I have the number! Though they "lost" my fax request before... Hrmph. Anyway, have him email and call a couple days after he faxes it to make sure they get it. You know, it might be worth it for him to fax it and put on the coversheet that a copy will come by mail AND then FedEx a copy to them just to make sure they see it.
I'd still like an extra to do the dishes while he's doing laundry :D

I wonder how I could clone my husband. One could be walking the dog while the other scoops the litterboxes...

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline
They do have a fax machine there... I have the number! Though they "lost" my fax request before... Hrmph. Anyway, have him email and call a couple days after he faxes it to make sure they get it. You know, it might be worth it for him to fax it and put on the coversheet that a copy will come by mail AND then FedEx a copy to them just to make sure they see it.

That's a really good idea. I'll be sure he does that!! Thanks for the idea girl :)

google.gif

If you guys do figure out how to clone your husbands, please let me know :) I could use a clone who I could teach to give hour long massages .... and another to do the laundry .... and another to clean the litterbox .... and another ... and another ... :lol::lol:

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Soooooooooo my husband faxed a letter from the release section to Montreal stating his release date, verifying his pending release etc etc. He also followed up with an email saying he sent the fax and could they verify the receipt of the fax and they replied as follows;

"Please allow several weeks to work on your case. I cannot verify if we received your fax till the case is being reviewed"

****sigh****

google.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Luckily he has done this ahead of time, and not on June 1st,lol You must have threatened him well!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.