AJMetal87

Fiance got cold feet - Will a waiver be granted?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my question. Days before my K-1 visa approval my fiance got cold feet and told me she signed up for a 3-5 year work visa in Korea. I submitted a letter explaining the situation to my local office USCIS office. In hindsight, I believe I should have specifically stated that I was looking to get approved for a waiver so that the "2-year waiting period" would not have to apply to me.

Has anyone had experiences with this? I was told it takes a couple months for a response regarding the issue/confirmation of its receipt. I am looking to see if anyone may have an idea as to whether this will be granted or not so that I can plan my hear future accordingly and be able to tell a potential "wife to be" what we can expect if things continue to go well prior to recieving a response from USCIS.

Below is the letter I submitted excluding personal information.

--------------

DATE…

TO…

FROM…

To whom it may concern,

My name is MY NAME. My birthdate is... I had submitted a petition for a K-1 Fiance visa that was recieved by USCIS on DATE. My case number is... I am writing this letter to inform you that I need to cancel this petition. My fiance FIANCENAME got cold feet before my application was reviewed. Her birthdate is... Please see image below to better understand the situation.

SCREEN SHOT OF EMAIL…

This message above that I recieved from MY FIANCE NAME… states:

"hi i know your angry with me for not communicating you for how many week i an sorry I know you have lots of question and everything I am sorry I love you and maybe I'm two week to be far from you I decide to applied for work abroad cause your I can not take it that my family beg some financial from you and I felt so guilty and ashame.  maybe you can cancel the visa cause  I can't be with you I have 3-5years contract in Korea  and ongoing process now  I don't wanna be like a beggar person to you I can work I can do everything for my family and I can't allow that they will ask them money from you I will do anything for them ...I love you but I willing to sacrifice my life fore my entire family.hope you understand."

Please let me know if there is any further information you need from me.

Sincerely,

MY NAME

--------------------------

Again, thank you for reading. I am eager to see if anyone else had experienced a similiar situation.

That's not grounds for a waiver. You have to be sponsored by a USC for a fiance visa. If the fiance changes their mind you are out of luck.

Same as if your fiance comes to the USA and then decides not to get married. The foreigner has to go back to their home country. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.