CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Congrats! Hopefully things are moving a lot faster. My husband will be going to his biometrics next week.

You should call NBC because it is possible they approved his I-601A and did not send approval notice or you did not receive.

That’s what I was thinking since their processing time are all late and stuff. I contacted USCIS and they said they didn’t have further information and they would submitt a inquiry. 😢 i have a bad feeling about this

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, CA1515 said:

You should call NBC because it is possible they approved his I-601A and did not send approval notice or you did not receive.

I agree USCIS should have sent notification to NVC stating not to schedule interview until I-601A is finished processing. I was copied in on this notification.

Additionally online status for I601A never updated after approval.... till this day it still says "fingerprint Fee was received"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Diana S said:

That’s what I was thinking since their processing time are all late and stuff. I contacted USCIS and they said they didn’t have further information and they would submitt a inquiry. 😢 i have a bad feeling about this

Don't stress out just yet... What date were you scheduled for ?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Diana S said:

Yes! That’s what my case says but I haven’t received anything in the mail.

they scheduled us for January 30,2018. 

And you received the interview letter already also ?

I say give USCIS until the end of the month, to get back to you on whether or not your I601a has been approved. If you still have no word by then, have your attorney notify NVC of the situation. They'll most likely cancel the interview and put your file aside until they receive the okay to schedule.

29 minutes ago, Lizziecakes said:

And you received the interview letter already also ?

I say give USCIS until the end of the month, to get back to you on whether or not your I601a has been approved. If you still have no word by then, have your attorney notify NVC of the situation. They'll most likely cancel the interview and put your file aside until they receive the okay to schedule.

Yes, I got it by email yesterday with an interview date of 01/30/18. I think that's the best route to go with. How long did your form take to get approved?

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Diana S said:

Yes, I got it by email yesterday with an interview date of 01/30/18. I think that's the best route to go with. How long did your form take to get approved?

We sent in waiver in mid Feb 2017

Didn't get NOA1 until late March (28) 2017

Check cashed March (30) 2017

Biometrics in April 2017

Approval August 02 2017

Total 4 months 5 days from date check was cashed....

•  

On 9/13/2017 at 2:58 PM, CA1515 said:

Hello 

Just checking on updated waiting times for the I-601A waiver. We will be sending ours in in about 3 weeks. Thanks to anyone that helps!

On 9/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, CDJ2016 said:

Mine took 5 months (I601A)

USCIS received in Jan 2017 and approved in May 2017.

Still more to go, waiting for interview date now.  

Best of luck!

did any one had to terminate their immigration court before depart from here US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, Diana S said:

Diana,

I would start emailing and calling both the USCIS and the NVC.  If you sent out your I-601A back in May, you should have had a response by now.  My guess is that your I-601A was approved by the USCIS and they notified the NVC of approval, and then they scheduled your interview.  The USPS is reliable, but not perfect and could have lost your approval letter.  You will need to get this approval letter from the USCIS to bring to the US Consulate interview, so I wouldn't delay and hope the pieces will fall in place by themselves.  Contact the USCIS National Benefits Center in Missouri, that is where your I601A was processed and hopefully they'll be able to get to the bottom of this situation.  

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Nena13 said:

Hii everyone just wanting to share my progress as this forum helped me as well. On Nov9 2017 we sent our i601A they have the   receipt marked on Nov16 and we recieved this letter on Nov29. On Dec 4th we received the letter for biometrics for next week on Dec14.

Welcome to "the club".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nena13 said:

Hii everyone just wanting to share my progress as this forum helped me as well. On Nov9 2017 we sent our i601A they have the   receipt marked on Nov16 and we recieved this letter on Nov29. On Dec 4th we received the letter for biometrics for next week on Dec14.

Things are moving along! We have similar cases our priority date is on 11/13/17 and my husband is going to biometrics appointment on 12/13/17. He is so nervous! 

4 minutes ago, CA1515 said:

Things are moving along! We have similar cases our priority date is on 11/13/17 and my husband is going to biometrics appointment on 12/13/17. He is so nervous! 

Im so nervous as well! I go the day after him! Hopefully it gets approved soon! I’ve seen alot of people have gotten it in less than 4 months!

Timeline

Hello we got the I601a approved last month our laywer hasnt sent the ds260 we dont have an appt for cd juarez but am really nervous because our laywer said we have to make the appt for medical and biometrics in cd juarez that they cant help us does anybody know how to make the appt ? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.