CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/10/2017 at 7:24 PM, HisForeverWife said:

Any update?

updated disaster for me....  i didn't include MX police certificate in NVC package - NVC requiring me to submit before i can get interview date (I hear some people are told to bring to interview)....   delayed another 3 months....  (my lawyer fault no less... ^%$##^&*^%... damn lawyers!!!!  LOL)  best to you and congrats on approval 601....   i know the stress with that ,,,,yuck

Timeline
1 hour ago, CDJ2016 said:

updated disaster for me....  i didn't include MX police certificate in NVC package - NVC requiring me to submit before i can get interview date (I hear some people are told to bring to interview)....   delayed another 3 months....  (my lawyer fault no less... ^%$##^&*^%... damn lawyers!!!!  LOL)  best to you and congrats on approval 601....   i know the stress with that ,,,,yuck

Do you have to send it to NVC? I just talked today with my lawyer and asked her if i needed that report here or until i had the appt she said that i had to take the report to the appt??

Timeline

My lawyer told me the same thing....  WRONG...  I got a checklist.(We are both in US, IR-1 seeking, i601a approved)     ....(as of MAY 15, reciprocity agreements have been reached with MX,,, NVC now requires (but some people are getting through, i didn't) )

-Below is a follow up email from NVC - confirming the checklist i received prior-,,, PD must be sent i ...  attached is a copy of one.   All the leg work is done at MEXICO consulate in USA  (fingerprints, photo, legals, power of attorney)

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: CDJxxxxxx filed by xxxxxxxxx on behalf of xxxxxxxxxx  Please review the request we recently sent you and submit the required police certificate(s).  For guidelines on the police certificates we need for each country, go to http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your country of birth in the box at the top of the page. The next page is the "Reciprocity Schedule" Click "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the left-hand side of the page.

Available in most states for applicants 18 and over. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate. The state police (Fiscalia General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state. Contact the state police for instructions.

If the state police record is unavailable, visa applicants must provide a federal record called a "Carta de No Antecedentes Penales" from the Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad. To make the request, applicants must provide the following documentation:

Police Certificate.jpg

Timeline
On 11/9/2017 at 8:20 PM, Latriguena19 said:

The approval after the biometric appt? After sending packet how long before check cleared?

we got our waiver approved in about 4 months after we got it sent. I really nervous about whats next? i hope it doesnt take long to get an appt in juarez

Timeline
4 hours ago, CDJ2016 said:

My lawyer told me the same thing....  WRONG...  I got a checklist.(We are both in US, IR-1 seeking, i601a approved)     ....(as of MAY 15, reciprocity agreements have been reached with MX,,, NVC now requires (but some people are getting through, i didn't) )

-Below is a follow up email from NVC - confirming the checklist i received prior-,,, PD must be sent i ...  attached is a copy of one.   All the leg work is done at MEXICO consulate in USA  (fingerprints, photo, legals, power of attorney)

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: CDJxxxxxx filed by xxxxxxxxx on behalf of xxxxxxxxxx  Please review the request we recently sent you and submit the required police certificate(s).  For guidelines on the police certificates we need for each country, go to http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Enter your country of birth in the box at the top of the page. The next page is the "Reciprocity Schedule" Click "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the left-hand side of the page.

Available in most states for applicants 18 and over. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate. The state police (Fiscalia General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state. Contact the state police for instructions.

If the state police record is unavailable, visa applicants must provide a federal record called a "Carta de No Antecedentes Penales" from the Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad. To make the request, applicants must provide the following documentation:

Police Certificate.jpg

my husband came to usa before he was 18 do you think we should send it we got our waiver approved last month idk when my lawyer is going to send the ds260

Timeline

Cool. looks like you are correct (-  US requires 16 and over - Police Certificate,)    BUT  NOT FOR MEXICO,

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/MX.html

Police certificates are required for applicants 16 years of age and older.  However, in Mexico police certificates are only available for applicants 18 and over.  Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate.  The state police (Fiscalía General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales).  The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state.  Contact the state police for instructions. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, CDJ2016 said:

Cool. looks like you are correct (-  US requires 16 and over - Police Certificate,)    BUT  NOT FOR MEXICO,

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/MX.html

Police certificates are required for applicants 16 years of age and older.  However, in Mexico police certificates are only available for applicants 18 and over.  Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate.  The state police (Fiscalía General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales).  The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state.  Contact the state police for instructions. 

were you able to get the police report from mexico

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ICM said:

were you able to get the police report from mexico

YES, but it took over 1/1/2 months.  The first problem was the Mexican Consulate in USA, we had to make appointment with them to arrange for documents,  fastest date they had was 3 weeks - do you need information (I will explain if u like)...

Then needed a relative in MX to pick up, then we needed a power of attorney.... for relative....  then something else.....problems, after problems.... until i remembered , this is Mexico not friggin US Immigration  idiots - (I love MEXICO, EASY TO do business there ) ....always ask, "How Much and to who do I pay"  ... for me - 1500.00 pesos (about 80 USD)for "Lawyers fees" in Acapulco (ACApulco is in the state i need doc from)  .... my certificate (legit, real docs from State Office) sent FEDEX that very day,,,,,  basically i wasted a month with Mexican officials in the US when i just needed a Lawyer in Mexico to file I(obtain) records...

Timeline
33 minutes ago, CDJ2016 said:

YES, but it took over 1/1/2 months.  The first problem was the Mexican Consulate in USA, we had to make appointment with them to arrange for documents,  fastest date they had was 3 weeks - do you need information (I will explain if u like)...

Then needed a relative in MX to pick up, then we needed a power of attorney.... for relative....  then something else.....problems, after problems.... until i remembered , this is Mexico not friggin US Immigration  idiots - (I love MEXICO, EASY TO do business there ) ....always ask, "How Much and to who do I pay"  ... for me - 1500.00 pesos (about 80 USD)for "Lawyers fees" in Acapulco (ACApulco is in the state i need doc from)  .... my certificate (legit, real docs from State Office) sent FEDEX that very day,,,,,  basically i wasted a month with Mexican officials in the US when i just needed a Lawyer in Mexico to file I(obtain) records...

am glad you got that solved i just sent a notarized letter to my father in law to get the letter just in case i need it here 

18 hours ago, ICM said:

am glad you got that solved i just sent a notarized letter to my father in law to get the letter just in case i need it here 

Do you know if a police report is required for all I-601A?

18 hours ago, ICM said:

Timeline
37 minutes ago, HisForeverWife said:

We didnt send a police report from mexico for the waiver and we got approved what my lawyer has told us is that you only need police reports from where you live here in USA we went to get a police report from the county we live in i think if you lived in diferent states you need to get from those states. 

3 minutes ago, ICM said:

We didnt send a police report from mexico for the waiver and we got approved what my lawyer has told us is that you only need police reports from where you live here in USA we went to get a police report from the county we live in i think if you lived in diferent states you need to get from those states. 

Ohhh I thought I needed one from my country. I can't find any 601A forum for country. So I would just need one from my state? I've only ever lived in one state

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HisForeverWife said:

Ohhh I thought I needed one from my country. I can't find any 601A forum for country. So I would just need one from my state? I've only ever lived in one state

yes we live in a small town we went to our county court to get the police record we didnt go to the city court to get it and it was okay with that one. you will need no criminal report from your country for your interview thats what we have been told and it cant be copy it has to be original

4 minutes ago, ICM said:

yes we live in a small town we went to our county court to get the police record we didnt go to the city court to get it and it was okay with that one. you will need no criminal report from your country for your interview thats what we have been told and it cant be copy it has to be original

So I would get that when I go for my interview?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HisForeverWife said:

So I would get that when I go for my interview?

we are getting it before we go for the interview I sent a letter to my in law givinen him permission to get that paper for my husband and they send us that originals with UPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.