CA1515

2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Oro 01 said:

Were you a 601a?and was your petitioner citizen or resident? ?

I have receipt saying they received my application Aug 2nd. Still waiting 😢😢😢

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
12 hours ago, Oro 01 said:

I have receipt saying they received my application Aug 2nd. Still waiting 😢😢😢

I am pretty sure it was a I601A. I 601 have much longer processing times.

Timeline
6 hours ago, EZ R said:

My husbands waiver was received on September 14th 2017, I’ve seen a lot of August waivers approved on a Fb page I follow.:)

Hopefully we will hear something soon, this whole process is nerve wrecking.:wacko:

I'm in September too. This process is so intense,sometimes  I feel like I'll go nuts.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys, here are the details of my case.

I was applying for a greencard through my husband's employment. (He is the principal in the application)

I was the one that needed the waiver. My qualifying relative is my mother who is LPR.

Sent: August 22, 2017

Received: August 24, 2017

Appoitment letter: Sep 5, 2017

Fingerprint: Sep 20, 2017

Approved: Dic 13, 2017

Approval letter received: August 18, 2017

I know this info will help. I was looking for info like this everywhere.

I wish everyone good luck in this process.

Timeline
2 hours ago, coco84 said:

Hi guys, here are the details of my case.

I was applying for a greencard through my husband's employment. (He is the principal in the application)

I was the one that needed the waiver. My qualifying relative is my mother who is LPR.

Sent: August 22, 2017

Received: August 24, 2017

Appoitment letter: Sep 5, 2017

Fingerprint: Sep 20, 2017

Approved: Dic 13, 2017

Approval letter received: August 18, 2017

I know this info will help. I was looking for info like this everywhere.

I wish everyone good luck in this process.

Thank you!  Have you submitted the civil documents at NVC

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, maryLu said:

Thank you!  Have you submitted the civil documents at NVC

Now gathering the documentation! I don't know why lawyer did not prepare me for this step before!

The only thing that is hard to get and you might not have is POLICE CLEARANCE REPORT. This has to be issue for every country that you have lived more than 6 or 12 months.

In my case, I know is going to take some time to get it, because they only accept the police clearance report issue by one city in Honduras.  If is not from that city, they would not accepted. And you need to issue a power of attorney to someone to represent you in your contry. So people, if you sent the waiver, start working on this too!!!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, coco84 said:

Now gathering the documentation! I don't know why lawyer did not prepare me for this step before!

The only thing that is hard to get and you might not have is POLICE CLEARANCE REPORT. This has to be issue for every country that you have lived more than 6 or 12 months.

In my case, I know is going to take some time to get it, because they only accept the police clearance report issue by one city in Honduras.  If is not from that city, they would not accepted. And you need to issue a power of attorney to someone to represent you in your contry. So people, if you sent the waiver, start working on this too!!!

The  police clearance is becoming more of an issue. I have made a power of attorney for someone in my country to pick it up once the waiver is approved. Is tricky because you can't get it too early since they are valid for only six months, so not knowing how long the wait for the waivers is makes things more complicated. I plan to have it mailed via DHL once the waivers comes. It usually takes 3 days to get here and the police should release  the certificate in 1-2 days, so not too bad. You should have time, it take a couple of weeks for the USCIS to send the waiver approval to the NVC, so you should have time to get it. I have also read that you can submit a letter to the NVC saying that you can not get it now, and that you will bring it to the interview. 

I also had a really hard time getting my passport. Took me 10 months and 3 trip to the consulate to be able to apply for the passport. I hope to get it next month. Passport information is needed for the DS260.

Do you have the job offer letter? It needs to be dated no longer than a month before the interview date.Best wishes!

Edited by maryLu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, coco84 said:

Ugh...the police report was tricky and also unexpected.  The NVC received our PCR a few weeks back, as I called the NVC and the agent confirms they have received it.  I only hope by not having the PCR with our original paperwork, mainly the AOS and supporting evidence, that I haven't delayed our interview date too long.  If we would have originally had all this together, we may already have a date setup with the US Consulate in Juarez.  

The most frustrating part of the PCR is you don't have complete control of the situation.  Once you've assigned someone in the home country power of attorney, you are relying on him/her to do the work for you.  Luckily, my wife's brother still lives in her home city and was able to get the PCR for us and send it back here promptly. 

If anyone is waiting for their I-130 petition to be approved, do yourselves a favor by working on the I-601A and PCR while your I-130 is being processed.  You'll save yourself a lot time and run around. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, maryLu said:

The  police clearance is becoming more of an issue. I have made a power of attorney for someone in my country to pick it up once the waiver is approved. Is tricky because you can't get it too early since they are valid for only six months, so not knowing how long the wait for the waivers is makes things more complicated. I plan to have it mailed via DHL once the waivers comes. It usually takes 3 days to get here and the police should release  the certificate in 1-2 days, so not too bad. You should have time, it take a couple of weeks for the USCIS to send the waiver approval to the NVC, so you should have time to get it. I have also read that you can submit a letter to the NVC saying that you can not get it now, and that you will bring it to the interview. 

I also had a really hard time getting my passport. Took me 10 months and 3 trip to the consulate to be able to apply for the passport. I hope to get it next month. Passport information is needed for the DS260.

Do you have the job offer letter? It needs to be dated no longer than a month before the interview date.Best wishes!

To give the power of attorney to someone do you have to do this at the consulate? Also did you have to get finger prints at the consulate so that your family member can get you your police certificate?

11 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Ugh...the police report was tricky and also unexpected.  The NVC received our PCR a few weeks back, as I called the NVC and the agent confirms they have received it.  I only hope by not having the PCR with our original paperwork, mainly the AOS and supporting evidence, that I haven't delayed our interview date too long.  If we would have originally had all this together, we may already have a date setup with the US Consulate in Juarez.  

The most frustrating part of the PCR is you don't have complete control of the situation.  Once you've assigned someone in the home country power of attorney, you are relying on him/her to do the work for you.  Luckily, my wife's brother still lives in her home city and was able to get the PCR for us and send it back here promptly. 

If anyone is waiting for their I-130 petition to be approved, do yourselves a favor by working on the I-601A and PCR while your I-130 is being processed.  You'll save yourself a lot time and run around. 

To give the power of attorney to someone do you have to do this at the consulate? Also did you have to get finger prints at the consulate so that your family member can get you your police certificate?

Timeline
4 hours ago, CA1515 said:

I did it through the consulate,  i just sent the POA along with the Romanian ID to Romania, and my cousin will submit it to the police when I need it. I'm still waiting on the waiver.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, maryLu said:

I did it through the consulate,  i just sent the POA along with the Romanian ID to Romania, and my cousin will submit it to the police when I need it. I'm still waiting on the waiver.

Our local mexican consulate says they don't have any appointments available right now. I don't know what to do so frustrating.

Timeline
Just now, CA1515 said:

Our local mexican consulate says they don't have any appointments available right now. I don't know what to do so frustrating.

Ask your family member in Mexico if the police over there will release the clearance with a POA  done at a public notary and  with an apostille.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.