Amazing_journey

trying to visit US again with prior use of f1 visa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there. I'm a  May filer here, NO1 May12 for k1 visa. I just have a quick question, I'm planning to visit and surprise my fiancé in Cali. My history, i was on F1 visa before from Jan 2014 to oct 2015. And it didn't it expire until i get back to my home country. It got expired or withdrawn in dec 2015 by my school back then to which i didn't get ssn anymore or ead for ojt. Question is, can i still visit him regardless of the visa i got before? Or it will be going to be more difficult to pass thru the immigration officer or the border patrol at the POE once i flew there? I'm still holding a b1/b2 visa or tourist visa which expires in 2023. I'm planning to visit him this end of sept, we just had a huge fight and think that this might help. please shed some light, I am really confused and anxious to visit LA again :( Any suggestion or advise is greatly appreciated.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

as long as you followed the rules of your previous visa is is not held against you. however they will consider you a risk to stay since coming to the us to patch things up will make it hard for you to want to go back so you will need to show to them that you are actually going to return.

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Entering the USA is never assured. However by your description and mirroring the comments above your previous entries won't hinder you.

Going off forums here the officer will know you have a case pending for a K1 visa. Officers need to feel comfortable  that you will actually leave. You have to show ties to your permanent residence. Ties may include job, ownership of assets such as car or land, money in a bank etc.

Personally give yourself a couple days to work out the best course of action and see if this conflict blows over. It may not be as bad as it seems.

Edited by Aussie_Mike

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

WIth a valid B1/B2 visa you can visit your fiancee with no issues, BUT since you have a K-1 application going on the only thing you will have to take care is to answer the questions at the POE, you have to tell the IO that you will go back to your country in no time and will come back once your K-1 is approved because the IO have seen a lot of people who come here and get married and file for AOS so you will have to convince the IO at the POE but you one way you are lucky that you already had a F1 and you left for home before the student visa expired. 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.