Shanny89

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence Evidence

4 posts in this topic

Hi, for those that already submitted I-751 and has a pending case or have already been approved. Can you please help me decide what evidence to submit? My husband and i have no kids and we are renting a room so we have no real lease. However, we do have joint accounts, joint cell bill, we vacation frequently etc. Will this be enough? Also how long did it take for you to receive a receipt notice?

Edited by Shanny89

You can't submit what doesn't exist or what you don't have.

If they want more they will ask for it, and you can tell them why you can't provide it if you don't have anything further. Use the time between sending the package and when you receive and RFE and/or interview to amass further evidence from the present time.

Anything that shows both names and a date is useful.

Receipt/extension letter should take a couple of weeks max.

Edited by mindthegap

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4.5 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1 [Denied]

Early May 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
May 2015: Notice of receipt/1yr extension received, dated day of receipt. This was forwarded to me outside the US, and no issues re-entering multiple times.
June 2015: Biometrics completed - walk in / argument, stressing proof of imminent travel and multiple prior inconvenient appointments & reschedules.
May 2016: Vermont Service Centre updated to processing May 2015 cases, therefore my case is now classed as outside normal processing time
May 2016: Service request sent (whatever that is) after calling to find out why I am still waiting after 12 months. Unable to tell me anything.
May 2016: Letter received in response, stating processing is on hold due to 'pending security checks' with no other information. Not helpful.
May 2016: (7am) - Infopass appointment for I-551 Stamp in passport.  (8am) - Returned to USCIS office for another I-551 stamp after realizing the dumbass put the expiry stamp as 2015 not 2017. Two entire passport pages wasted. Cheers. 

Oct 2016: Infopass appointment (not at local office). USCIS have sent my file to an overseas office, in a country that neither myself or my spouse have ever resided in. It has sat there untouched for five months. Why? Who knows. Internal query requesting urgent clarification is sent by USCIS officer.  
Oct 2016: An identical 'pending security check'  letter received, addressing precisely none of my or the immigration officers legitimate queries. 
Nov 2016: Infopass appointment: My file is now back in the US and at my local office...no other updates or progress. 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'       Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance - enough is enough. 
May 2017: Yet another infopass. No updates, interview of further progress. Still no response from Congressperson, Senator, or Ombudsman received. 
June 2017: 68 days after contacting them, the Ombudsman finally contacted USCIS. 'It may take up to 60 days to receive a response'.   
July 2017:  A follow up enquiry sent by Ombudsman to USCIS after receiving no response or action after 45 days. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. 
August 2017: 60 days has come and gone with no response from USCIS. Contacted the Ombudsman who will contact them AGAIN. 
August 2017: Email from Ombudsman - USCIS have scheduled an interview at the very end of August .  
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
September 2017: Now 4 weeks since interview, my file has not moved from the officers desk, and no decision is showing when I call and speak to a Tier 2.  
September 2017: Request filed for Senator assistance (a different senator - maybe I will get a reply & assistance from this one?). 
October 2017: 37 days since interview....and no decision.  W, and indeed, TF is going on???? 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS

I-751 #2 [Pending] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  

October 2017: I-797C Receipt/extension letter received, dated day of receipt at VSC 

October 2017: Another I-551 stamp obtained at infopass appointment, as the extension letter is useless with a 2yr card that expired 2.5yrs ago! 

November 2017: Biometrics completed (early walk-in) 

2018: Re-entered US multiple times with second I-751 extension letter & stamp. Quick trip to secondary required to verify, and stamped in as normal

N-400 [Pending] 

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February 2018: Biometrics completed (walk-in)

Shanny, your evidence has to tell your story.

So here are some things to think about...

You want to show them how you handle money together as a couple.  So show them where money comes from (wages) and where you put it (bank account).  Show how you pay your rent.  If you do not have a formal lease, then get the owner of your "room" to write an affidavit saying how much you pay.  Show where that money comes from (bank account).

You want to show them how you pay your bills (phone).  You want to show them you travel together (you need reservations, boarding passes, and show how you pay for vacations-credit card?  Bank account?)

You want to show them that you have planned for the future.  Do you have wills?  Are you each other's Emergency Contact at your workplaces?  Do you have medical insurance together?  How do you pay for it (payroll deduction or bank account)?

Besides your vacations, what else do you do together?  Gym membership?  Library cards?

Start saving every single piece of mail that is sent in both your names to your address.

Do you start to see the pattern?  You just need to show them that you are living a life together.

Best of luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.