Emeryx

Visiting while waiting for NOA2?

6 posts in this topic

Typical visiting question i know, sorry!

just wanted some fresh answers. We got our NOA1 on july 21st. I'm aware it takes 3-5 months (possibly longer) to get even close to our NOA2 but i'm just double checking that i will still be allowed to visit the US while the process is where it's at? I've been told i may get shown as a 'red alert' due to them maybe seeing i'm filing for a K1, is this true? i' had customs previously take me aside and question me more from my 2 month stay Christmas, but i left on my return date like i always do. Looking to go for a month visit in November for thanksgiving so just wanted to double check that it was fine to do so. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

You are absolutely fine visiting! I have visited my fiancé 3x whilst processing the K1 visa with no problems at all! 

My NOA1 was January 10th and I was issued an RFE almost 7 months later! Still waiting for NOA2! I hope your process is quicker than mine!! Good Luck and safe travels!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

There will be no issues at allll. Book your flight and have a safe trip and have fun :) and good luck with your K1 visa process

Edited by Aviinashh M

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes, you can visit and with a VWP, which is likely what you have, very easily. Take strong ties back to your home country to show CBP.

my fiance comes down from canada every other week or so and rarely receives many questions and has always been allowed through.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.