2,916 posts in this topic

Hello I'm new to this forum and I woud highly appreciate some advise..I filed my vawa case on my own with no legal advise..my filing date is 10/12/2016..my case is been a little over 1year and barely today I finally received a notice for a  prima facie extension..which I wasn't e

Aware of. i had some issues with my adress change and wasn't aware that I been having a prima face this whole time(1year)..my prima facie extension is set to expire 01/18/2018 .what benefits can I apply for and how do I reapply?or will uscsi send me another extension?since I have a prima facie am I safe to apply for a i485 now?what steps will I need to take?since I'm planning on doing it all on my own

Edited by Denise52091

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, Denise52091 said:

Hello I'm new to this forum and I woud highly appreciate some advise..I filed my vawa case on my own with no legal advise..my filing date is 10/12/2016..my case is been a little over 1year and barely today I finally received a notice for a  prima facie extension..which I wasn't e

Aware of. i had some issues with my adress change and wasn't aware that I been having a prima face this whole time(1year)..my prima facie extension is set to expire 01/18/2018 .what benefits can I apply for and how do I reapply?or will uscsi send me another extension?since I have a prima facie am I safe to apply for a i485 now?what steps will I need to take?since I'm planning on doing it all on my own

The usage of the prima facie is printed on it.

You can request an extension of the prima facie if needed.

No, a prima facie does not guarantee your VAWA I-360 will be approved.

9 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

The usage of the prima facie is printed on it.

You can request an extension of the prima facie if needed.

No, a prima facie does not guarantee your VAWA I-360 will be approved.

The notice of action says its good for public benefits but it don't say what kind of benefits.. but ive heard it also depends on the state you reside..

53 minutes ago, Denise52091 said:

its a very long time already, by now you suppose to have result of your 360, did you ask USCIS update on your

360, i think you should, 

13 minutes ago, asimove said:

its a very long time already, by now you suppose to have result of your 360, did you ask USCIS update on your

360, i think you should, 

Yes it's been a little over 1 year and have not heard from them until today.. every time I call USCIS tells me they can't give me any information over the phone..I've wrote multiple letters as well and no answer..I don't knw of any other way to obtain info on my case..Ive also done inquiries online and all I get is letters saying they can't give me no information..so I'm basically stuck:\

Filed: Timeline
51 minutes ago, Denise52091 said:

The notice of action says its good for public benefits but it don't say what kind of benefits.. but ive heard it also depends on the state you reside..

It means you are a "qualified alien" to apply for Midicaid, enroll in Healthcare.dov, financial aid via FAFSA and even assistance on cash, apartment, food stamp, etc. both federal and state financial assistance.

2 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

It means you are a "qualified alien" to apply for Midicaid, enroll in Healthcare.dov, financial aid via FAFSA and even assistance on cash, apartment, food stamp, etc. both federal and state financial assistance.

Oh wow I wasn't aware that I could apply for all those benefits..thats good news..so all I need to do is take my prima facie receipt when I go apply?and to apply for an extension for prima face how would I do that? 

16 minutes ago, Denise52091 said:

Yes it's been a little over 1 year and have not heard from them until today.. every time I call USCIS tells me they can't give me any information over the phone..I've wrote multiple letters as well and no answer..I don't knw of any other way to obtain info on my case..Ive also done inquiries online and all I get is letters saying they can't give me no information..so I'm basically stuck:\

USCIS will not give you information over the phone for your own protection as you are a VAWA petitioner. You will need to contact your congressman or ombudsman to inquire on your behalf. 

2 hours ago, Denise52091 said:

nop you are not stuck, go see your congressman in person, describe all situation, and ask him

to take action on your behalf, they exactly know what to do, and tell him you completed your wait time

hopefully your answer will be positive 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Butterbee01 said:

When I filed my i360 together with AOS and EAD ,the fee was waived and it stated on the receipt notice, so my question is. Is it the same thing as case pending, if u understand what I mean. 

As far as I remember your case your attorney did not file form l765 using category  C9 then  if you want to file now using C9 category  then you have to pay  the  USCIS   fees or ask Uscis to waive the fees,form l-912. But  if filed  C9  category and you want just  to renew then  there  is no fee to renew ok.

Edited by sandranj

On 11/23/2017 at 5:34 AM, ILvisajourney said:

my case filed sept 2016, 

RFE issued sept 2017

RFE respond nov 2017

pending review 

hi ,

my date was September 23th, 2016 and still no respond, No RFE , nothing :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.