CandyManby

Husband asked to take second medical exam after first one expires due to DUI in the past

5 posts in this topic

So my husband had his first medical exam in February and the outcome was not favourable because he said he still occasionally drinks and he has a DUI on his record from 9 years ago. 

When he went to his embassy interview the consular officer said unfortunately he couldn't approve the visa that day due to the medical exam and asked him to undergo a new one after the previous expires.

Since then my husband has not drank alcohol and we are hoping we have done everything we can for a better outcome. His last drink was in March after our announcement of being pregnant with our first child. Alcohol is not a part of our life anymore so my question is have we done all we could to improve our outcome? If there was no way to improve it wouldn't they have just denied the visa and not told him about a second exam?

His next exam is next Friday so I'm just a bit anxious now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I think this is more due to the DUI and not the drinking. If his last drink was March of this year then that is a non issue at the medical. Alcohol only stays in your system for up to 4 days after intake or 80 hours. Its actually called the 80 hours test. 

https://www.addict-help.com/how-long-does-alcohol-stay-in-your-urine-system/

So I wonder now what the real issue is? 

30 minutes ago, jakartausa said:

I think this is more due to the DUI and not the drinking. If his last drink was March of this year then that is a non issue at the medical. Alcohol only stays in your system for up to 4 days after intake or 80 hours. Its actually called the 80 hours test. 

https://www.addict-help.com/how-long-does-alcohol-stay-in-your-urine-system/

So I wonder now what the real issue is? 

I think because having had a DUI in the past and continually drinking on the weekends they saw it as an alcohol dependency which I am hoping we have corrected in their eyes by completely staying away from it.

How serious was his DUI? Injuries done to others? Property damages? Are you assuming he is being required to undergo another medical exam as a direct result of his past driving history?

1 hour ago, rucus said:

How serious was his DUI? Injuries done to others? Property damages? Are you assuming he is being required to undergo another medical exam as a direct result of his past driving history?

No one else was injured he did however take a turn too quickly and had an accident. It was his only DUI but in his first medical back in February he still would drink on the weekends and I think they saw that as alcohol dependancy so he was asked to undergo another exam after that one expired. He has since then completely stopped drinking and we are hoping that is the result they were looking for. It's just not part of his life anymore with our baby due any day now and I've never really been a drinker

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.