1,020 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, hsetin said:

Have not received any call yet from USCIS, but my case status has updated to that my oath has been rescheduled and that a new notification has been mailed out.

Haven't received any call yet and nor has the status changed online... hmmm.. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, vkrishn said:

Haven't received any call yet and nor has the status changed online... hmmm.. 

https://chcoc.gov/content/national-day-mourning-president-george-h-w-bush-federal-government-closure-wednesday

you probably will, tomorrow :(

Timeline

Did get a status update on my case today morning. Did not mention the rescheduled date though.  Did any one get the rescheduled date indicated in the notice? 

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 at 01:15PM for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview appointment information, under separate notice."

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

Did get a status update on my case today morning. Did not mention the rescheduled date though.  Did any one get the rescheduled date indicated in the notice? 

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 at 01:15PM for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview appointment information, under separate notice."

At 7:15 am yesterday (12/3) my case status changed back to inline for oath. Then, at 11:30 am my case status changed back to your oath notice has been mailed. Unlike a few others, I did not receive any phone calls from USCIS about the cancellation (only online status updates)

My USCIS account also updated this morning mentioning that my new oath letter was mailed. The letter will probably show up online today or tomorrow. Will let you know.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, hsetin said:

At 7:15 am yesterday (12/3) my case status changed back to inline for oath. Then, at 11:30 am my case status changed back to your oath notice has been mailed. Unlike a few others, I did not receive any phone calls from USCIS about the cancellation (only online status updates)

My USCIS account also updated this morning mentioning that my new oath letter was mailed. The letter will probably show up online today or tomorrow. Will let you know.

Thanks hsetin. I did not get any call either so may be they might call today. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, hsetin said:

I just got an email from section chief SFO field office that new date is Dec14th at Hayward. This was the original date anyway. The email also mentions that Oath ceremony scheduled for Dec5th was a Glitch. 

Dear N-400 Applicant:

Thank you for accepting our invitation to attend our special naturalization oath ceremony on Friday, December 14, 2018 at Hayward City Hall!

Attached is an information sheet that will accompany your official N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony, which you should receive by mail by early next week.

Some of you may have received an N-445 notifying you of an oath ceremony on December 5, 2018.  That N-445 was sent to you in error due to a systems glitch.  In addition, our oath ceremonies scheduled for December 5, 2018, have been cancelled in observance of the National Day of Mourning for President George H.W. Bush.  Therefore, please do not go to the Paramount Theatre on December 5, 2018.

If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this e-mail.  We look forward to seeing you and your guests on December 14!

Best regards,

Joseph J. Hamilton

Section Chief

San Francisco Field Office | District 21

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Spout said:

Wow, good for you!

Still no update on my side since the phone call...

I doubt I will be scheduled in Hayward, and even so, I have a flight on 17th...

Not sure if you filled the form for Dec 14th when you went for your interview. I am guessing those who did fill out the form are getting notified by email as that form did ask for an email address.

27 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

I just got an email from section chief SFO field office that new date is Dec14th at Hayward. This was the original date anyway. The email also mentions that Oath ceremony scheduled for Dec5th was a Glitch. 

Dear N-400 Applicant:

Thank you for accepting our invitation to attend our special naturalization oath ceremony on Friday, December 14, 2018 at Hayward City Hall!

Attached is an information sheet that will accompany your official N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony, which you should receive by mail by early next week.

Some of you may have received an N-445 notifying you of an oath ceremony on December 5, 2018.  That N-445 was sent to you in error due to a systems glitch.  In addition, our oath ceremonies scheduled for December 5, 2018, have been cancelled in observance of the National Day of Mourning for President George H.W. Bush.  Therefore, please do not go to the Paramount Theatre on December 5, 2018.

If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this e-mail.  We look forward to seeing you and your guests on December 14!

Best regards,

Joseph J. Hamilton

Section Chief

San Francisco Field Office | District 21

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

I received the exact same email at 8:20am. I guess I will be scheduled for Hayward on 12/14.

1 hour ago, vkrishn said:

Not sure if you filled the form for Dec 14th when you went for your interview. I am guessing those who did fill out the form are getting notified by email as that form did ask for an email address.

My letter for my oath is posted online for 12/14 at the Hayward City Hall (I’m being asked to report at 9:15am).

Timeline
30 minutes ago, hsetin said:

My letter for my oath is posted online for 12/14 at the Hayward City Hall (I’m being asked to report at 9:15am).

Same here. Letter got posted online for Dec 14th. See you there hsetin!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.