Peot

Tdap vaccination after Td

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to my personal family doctor a few weeks ago to get all of the required vaccinations done. I specifically asked for the "Tdap" vaccine and he did it, no questions asked. He then also wrote on the vaccination record copy I had with me that it was completed, and he initialed it with the date. 

I then ordered vaccination records again to have an official copy.

To my dismay, it shows that I only received the Td vaccine on that date, which is just a standard booster shot, and the form definitely says "ensure it's Tdap". There's a distinct possibility that my doctor simply checked the wrong box or filled out the record wrong. He was definitely rushing through it. There's an equal chance that he ignored what I said and just gave me the Td shot. Either way, I wouldn't go back to see him even if I had to now. 

Now I've read a ton of info on this forum and around the web, and plenty are saying that as long as you have had ONE Tdap shot in your life as well as a Td booster, you're golden.

I HAVE had DTaP shots when I was a child (5 doses in fact). Is this all of the evidence they would need, and is the concern more for people who have NEVER had the shots?

Now I've read that it might not be safe to receive a Tdap shot after a Td shot, and wonder what kind of issues this may case us if I do in fact need the Tdap (boostrix) shot and cannot receive it from the panel physician.

I assume that I can agree to have these shots done after the fact and (with written proof from a physician or updated records) meet the requirements?

Maybe someone who has been through the medical procedure can shed some light on this.

Timeline

Update for those searching for this like I tried to...........

Day of the medical I needed to have the Tdap shot done. Local cost was $45 for that shot. Despite the Tdap doses I had received as a child and the recent Td booster, this was still needed.

Having the Td shot within 2 or 3 weeks of the medical was completely safe, or so I was told by the doctor who did the Tdap.

The doctor provided me with an updated vaccination record right there on the spot.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Is your doctor USCIS certified doctor ? Also have a look at the following pic....All the sections have to me marked by either a check mark or a note. That was filled by USCIS appointed Civil Surgeon

rsz_2fullsizerender_1.jpg

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Timeline
6 hours ago, Aviinashh M said:

Is your doctor USCIS certified doctor ? Also have a look at the following pic....All the sections have to me marked by either a check mark or a note. That was filled by USCIS appointed Civil Surgeon

[EDIT: Unnecessary image removed]

Somehow I don't think you understand the process of getting vaccinations, the question that was being asked, or the answer I provided......... 

Thanks anyway? lol

Edited by Peot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.