marmoh

K1 Visa Cairo AP Status now

191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

it depends, I heard in some cases they did go over everything, so no privacy :).

I am feeling very worried about the interview and the idea of being put on AP. We have so much evidence, we are really engaged, both Egypt backgrounds, same religion, a few months a part in age. I dont know we would be put on AP, and it sounds like all of you have similar cases to ours. I dont know what we would do if put on AP.

5 minutes ago, Hq1987 said:

But is the CO really gonna read over 300 pages? That's the Egyptian way of thinking... work hard not smart

4 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

it depends, I heard in some cases they did go over everything, so no privacy :).

other than viber call logs, what social media or applications or proof of relationship

did you provide at your interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, db2016 said:

I am feeling very worried about the interview and the idea of being put on AP. We have so much evidence, we are really engaged, both Egypt backgrounds, same religion, a few months a part in age. I dont know we would be put on AP, and it sounds like all of you have similar cases to ours. I dont know what we would do if put on AP.

Just now, db2016 said:

just be positive and do your best to be prepared for the interview. it seems like this days they are being hard on everyone coming from Egypt. We met through my best friends wife which is her best friend we started talking back in June of last year we talked every day through chats, phone calls and video calls and we clicked and then I decided to go end of September to meet and we both decided we will get engaged and we did. We had a little gathering at her house from both families and we did the engagement. When he asked her how we met she told him and he kept asking her you think this enough and she kept smiling and says yes for us it is and then when she showed him the engagement pictures he asked her why didn't you have a big party??.

Timeline
Just now, Yasser&Neveen said:

just be positive and do your best to be prepared for the interview. it seems like this days they are being hard on everyone coming from Egypt. We met through my best friends wife which is her best friend we started talking back in June of last year we talked every day through chats, phone calls and video calls and we clicked and then I decided to go end of September to meet and we both decided we will get engaged and we did. We had a little gathering at her house from both families and we did the engagement. When he asked her how we met she told him and he kept asking her you think this enough and she kept smiling and says yes for us it is and then when she showed him the engagement pictures he asked her why didn't you have a big party??.

we met through my fiance's best friend as well. we did not have an engagement party due to some family illness and just exchanged rings but nothing formal. My family has met him and his family and I have met everyone in his family and have been to there house and have pictures with them, etc. I am scared now they will think its not enough. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, marmoh said:

Good question, I would like to know who recently got their k1 visa from us embassy cairo too, but I guess nobody would be here if they already gotten their k1 visa lol there is much more work to do after they get their k1 visa anyways so they will be too busy to come here. But how about your case? 

are you and your fiance both of Egyptian background?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, db2016 said:

we met through my fiance's best friend as well. we did not have an engagement party due to some family illness and just exchanged rings but nothing formal. My family has met him and his family and I have met everyone in his family and have been to there house and have pictures with them, etc. I am scared now they will think its not enough. 

6 minutes ago, db2016 said:

yeah we are both Egyptians, how many times have you met?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

I noticed when the man is the beneficiary the case automatically goes to AP. how long have you been on AP?

not in our case.

Yasser.

Not our case either, I believe all of us r here because all our cases r on AP, beneficiary men or women, different religion or not. they can ask for whatever they want I guess but if you don't have it you don't have it. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, db2016 said:

i visited him in Egypt twice, I spent 2-3 weeks each time. We have been speaking for almost 2 years.

your case seems solid so you shouldn't have a problem. you guys have pictures together? a lot of phone calls and chats?

Timeline
Just now, Yasser&Neveen said:

your case seems solid so you shouldn't have a problem. you guys have pictures together? a lot of phone calls and chats?

he printed almost 60 or 70 pictures of us together, with each other's family, etc. we have receipts for our rings, my wedding dress (which I already ordered), both my flight itineraries to egypt, my passport stamps for both trips, pictures of gifts we sent each other, flowers he has sent me. and tons of phone logs, texts, chats, etc. Its a pretty solid case but again so are yours :(

Timeline
4 minutes ago, db2016 said:

Hey do you guys have examples of how you shared the chats between you and your fiance? screen shots?

I imported the logs from Viber and converted to  pdf files and printed. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, db2016 said:

^_^ no we r not both Egyptians so the embassy is picking on all of us, u r not alone and it is not only egyptians couples who gets AP

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

I imported the logs from Viber and converted to  pdf files and printed. 

Yes screen shots, too hard to get very old stuff and they dont really have dates on them maybe times but not dates 

Timeline
Just now, marmoh said:

Yes screen shots, too hard to get very old stuff and they dont really have dates on them maybe times but not dates 

When I imported the log it imported everything things since we started talking and it shows dates, times and phone numbers. it's hard to take too many screen shots.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

When I imported the log it imported everything things since we started talking and it shows dates, times and phone numbers. it's hard to take too many screen shots.

How do u do that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.