marmoh

K1 Visa Cairo AP Status now

191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
21 minutes ago, db2016 said:

malish ya gam3a i have a few questions about sending the documents to the embassy.
if any of you can help me.

We got the email from the embassy to send the documents. My questions are:

1. the I-134, can it be a copy or does my fiance have to send the one I actually signed?

2. For the birth certificate and police record. Did you send the actual records or copies? Additionally did you get them both translated. We already translated the birth certificate for the original application to USCIS, do we need to do a new translation or can we send the original one?

3. Did you send anything for the medical or just brought it to the interview?

4. My fiance has never been married, but I am divorced, should he send my divorce docs from the US or no, that just applies to him?

Assuming you're the petitioner and he's the applicant:

1- I-134: You'll most likely need an original signature (he can sign it on your behalf, with your signature .. to minimize the time - as long as you allow it and you keep this to yourselves). I've seen others do it.

Attach to this all supporting documents: copy of the last 3 years tax returns (scan, email, print), or transcripts (print it from the IRS website if you want - requires registration and authentication). Easy ? :)

2-Original birth certificate (computerized version) and original police record - there's no real need to translate it (because they'll most likely return these documents to you or throw them away) .. to be sure you can email the embassy about this. Ask if translation is required. (They told me no before, and even returned the translations back to me at the interview, same thing was done for others).

If they have only the copy/translated version, they will surely require the original computerized version. Make sure you give it to them to avoid any possible delays because of this.

3-Medical is a sealed envelop. Keep it that way and take it with you to the interview - open it only when they ask you to. Leave the CD and the X-ray at home.

4-Assuming you're the U.S petitioner, he MUST include your divorce certificate copies for each previous marriage and bring the originals with to the interview).

Note: He should have a family registration and individual registration handy a week before the interview JUST IN CASE (but it's not required).

Don't send anything to the embassy unless they ask for it. Be sure to bring originals of everything you sent before to the USCIS at the interview.

Enjoy =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 8/29/2017 at 7:15 AM, Super Uber said:

Assuming you're the petitioner and he's the applicant:

1- I-134: You'll most likely need an original signature (he can sign it on your behalf, with your signature .. to minimize the time - as long as you allow it and you keep this to yourselves). I've seen others do it.

Attach to this all supporting documents: copy of the last 3 years tax returns (scan, email, print), or transcripts (print it from the IRS website if you want - requires registration and authentication). Easy ? :)

2-Original birth certificate (computerized version) and original police record - there's no real need to translate it (because they'll most likely return these documents to you or throw them away) .. to be sure you can email the embassy about this. Ask if translation is required. (They told me no before, and even returned the translations back to me at the interview, same thing was done for others).

If they have only the copy/translated version, they will surely require the original computerized version. Make sure you give it to them to avoid any possible delays because of this.

3-Medical is a sealed envelop. Keep it that way and take it with you to the interview - open it only when they ask you to. Leave the CD and the X-ray at home.

4-Assuming you're the U.S petitioner, he MUST include your divorce certificate copies for each previous marriage and bring the originals with to the interview).

Note: He should have a family registration and individual registration handy a week before the interview JUST IN CASE (but it's not required).

Don't send anything to the embassy unless they ask for it. Be sure to bring originals of everything you sent before to the USCIS at the interview.

Enjoy =)

Thank you @Super Uber. My fiance sent everything today. He already got his Family and Individual registration last week, based on what ya'll said here and will take it with him to the interview. I only submitted my tax returns from 2016 along with my pay stubs for the past 6 pay cycles, a job letter and my W2 from last year. Our lawyer said they only needed this past year's tax return. 

do you know/remember how long it took them to confirm they received your packet and gave you the green light to schedule the interview?

Timeline
2 hours ago, db2016 said:

Thank you @Super Uber. My fiance sent everything today. He already got his Family and Individual registration last week, based on what ya'll said here and will take it with him to the interview. I only submitted my tax returns from 2016 along with my pay stubs for the past 6 pay cycles, a job letter and my W2 from last year. Our lawyer said they only needed this past year's tax return. 

do you know/remember how long it took them to confirm they received your packet and gave you the green light to schedule the interview?

See my other post, in the other thread.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

hello everyone,

any good news? tomorrow will be 3 month since we have been put on AP.

Thank you.

Yasser

Hello Yasser,

No, nothing yet our case are kind of at the same time and in the same boat as of today i guess, still on AP, if the other's are told by someone at the embassy they are approved and redid med. exams or submit new police report and passport or resubmit other things......and still waiting 5 to 6 months then i cant even imagine what we will have to go through or those after us -_-'

Timeline

Hello,

every case is different so im hoping we won't wait that long. When did you have your interview? Do you know why you were placed on AP?

thank you

yasser

Timeline
Just now, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hello,

every case is different so im hoping we won't wait that long. When did you have your interview? Do you know why you were placed on AP?

thank you

yasser

we had it in june too, we were place in ap because they needed my fiance's family registry which was nothing that was told to us that we needed to bring, but whatever, we did so we will see you r right everyone's case is different you say yourself u r an egyptian man whose fiance in america is petitioning for u to come to america too correct? 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, marmoh said:

we had it in june too, we were place in ap because they needed my fiance's family registry which was nothing that was told to us that we needed to bring, but whatever, we did so we will see you r right everyone's case is different you say yourself u r an egyptian man whose fiance in america is petitioning for u to come to america too correct? 

No it's the other way around, I'm the man an American citizen live in the US and she is in Egypt and even though she is a female he asked for the family registration which is kind of weird and when she asked why he needs it she was told to know her marital status because she is divorced 16 years ago even though we submitted the divorce certificate with the petition and she took a copy with her to the interview. When she went to do the family registration she was told they don't issue it under females names so we had to do it under her ex husband name and it shows when they got married and when they got divorced so I hope that won't be another problem and it's what he asked for.

yasser

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

No it's the other way around, I'm the man an American citizen live in the US and she is in Egypt and even though she is a female he asked for the family registration which is kind of weird and when she asked why he needs it she was told to know her marital status because she is divorced 16 years ago even though we submitted the divorce certificate with the petition and she took a copy with her to the interview. When she went to do the family registration she was told they don't issue it under females names so we had to do it under her ex husband name and it shows when they got married and when they got divorced so I hope that won't be another problem and it's what he asked for.

yasser

omg, this is what i think about all the time while i was being questioned by the CO, i am from america, what makes me think i will marry there if i didnt have to and had options? It is common sense that obviously i came and visit and went back to america, i have options to either do a k1 visa or go there to married and then come back again here to file a spousal visa? which will i do? common sense, if i qualify which i do i did the k1 visa. it was hard alone trying to communicate and ask for directions to get around cairo or anywhere else in egypt because of language barriers, of course i looked at what i needed to do in order to marry in egypt just in case i had to because my fiance and i are serious about our relationship. i am not even sure if it will be possible for me to marry in egypt since the process starts the other way around at the US Embassy going to the Egyptian government back to the US Embassy now that sounds like hell lol. since we are not married, i couldn't see why i can't file a k1 visa, but now that you say even family registry was issued only under men this is even sad, does that mean she had to go ask him for the family registry or could she herself get one without her since she was a part of that family registry? I guess the embassy just want to make real good sure, but still doesn't explain a very very long wait -_-"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, marmoh said:

omg, this is what i think about all the time while i was being questioned by the CO, i am from america, what makes me think i will marry there if i didnt have to and had options? It is common sense that obviously i came and visit and went back to america, i have options to either do a k1 visa or go there to married and then come back again here to file a spousal visa? which will i do? common sense, if i qualify which i do i did the k1 visa. it was hard alone trying to communicate and ask for directions to get around cairo or anywhere else in egypt because of language barriers, of course i looked at what i needed to do in order to marry in egypt just in case i had to because my fiance and i are serious about our relationship. i am not even sure if it will be possible for me to marry in egypt since the process starts the other way around at the US Embassy going to the Egyptian government back to the US Embassy now that sounds like hell lol. since we are not married, i couldn't see why i can't file a k1 visa, but now that you say even family registry was issued only under men this is even sad, does that mean she had to go ask him for the family registry or could she herself get one without her since she was a part of that family registry? I guess the embassy just want to make real good sure, but still doesn't explain a very very long wait -_-"

I'm sorry I'm a little confused, are you the petitioner the woman and live in the US and your fiancé the man lives in egypt? 

Timeline
Just now, Yasser&Neveen said:

I'm sorry I'm a little confused, are you the petitioner the woman and live in the US and your fiancé the man lives in egypt? 

yes ^_^, marrying here in the US is definitely much easier and here we have a better system to assist us here in the US so i know that things will get done right and if not there is always someone you can go to for help and things will get resolved unlike aboard, I just hear horrible experiences. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, marmoh said:

yes ^_^, marrying here in the US is definitely much easier and here we have a better system to assist us here in the US so i know that things will get done right and if not there is always someone you can go to for help and things will get resolved unlike aboard, I just hear horrible experiences. 

I know. It's not just the fact it's taken long I'm starting to get worried to get refused after hearing about some cases here. It seems like they are making it hard to bring someone here. Yeah I understand they want to make sure the relationship is real but why does it have to take that long. In our case he wasn't really convinced the time we have been talking and the fact that I went to Egypt and met once and then got engaged is not enough but that's normal for our culture and I'm sure they understand that.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

I know. It's not just the fact it's taken long I'm starting to get worried to get refused after hearing about some cases here. It seems like they are making it hard to bring someone here. Yeah I understand they want to make sure the relationship is real but why does it have to take that long. In our case he wasn't really convinced the time we have been talking and the fact that I went to Egypt and met once and then got engaged is not enough but that's normal for our culture and I'm sure they understand that.

I hope they r smart enough to understand lol but just trying to test us out with waiting some I did hear that embassy is kinda slow with issuing visas. They make me feel I should have just did a spousal visa cuz it take an additional 2 or 3 more months and they will be more convinced that the relationship is genuine then? Which is a no guarantee anyways. Besides it is not about going there once, it is about the requirement and did u meet it and if u did and have proof then what more can u proof? Everyone has their reasons and #1 is we r all poor and don't have the luxury to travel constantly to visit back and worth that is why we r filing and spending so much time and money to get our love one to us. This is where the embassy job comes in. Yeah, I met my fiance online almost a year before I went to egypt and saw him face to face. We spoke about many things and even marriage and families and kids etc and everything. We don't have too much of a gap in age or anything else much. My friend knew his fiance in Vietnam for 2 weeks while he was there visiting, they got engaged, he file his papers the same time I did and made so many mistakes and got so many rfe and still she got her here in 6 months on the dot, they got married right away and she is now 7 or 8 month pregnant, and here I am lol then my other friend from Ethiopia married her husband in Ethiopia and did a spousal visa for him and they were still denied and go through rfe.....its like how much more can you proof with a video that you got married and your honey moon and photos together and a marriage certificate legally that u r married? But after a year an a half I think they r finally together now too lol so happy for them....it does take some time and yes I guess everyone case is different. 

Edited by marmoh

Timeline
3 minutes ago, marmoh said:

I hope they r smart enough to understand lol but just trying to test us out with waiting some I did hear that embassy is kinda slow with issuing visas. They make me feel I should have just did a spousal visa cuz it take an additional 2 or 3 more months and they will be more convinced that the relationship is genuine then? Which is a no guarantee anyways. Besides it is not about going there once, it is about the requirement and did u meet it and if u did and have proof then what more can u proof? Everyone has their reasons and #1 is we r all poor and don't have the luxury to travel constantly to visit back and worth that is why we r filing and spending so much time and money to get our love one to us. This is where the embassy job comes in. Yeah, I met my fiance online almost a year before I went to egypt and saw him face to face. We spoke about many things and even marriage and families and kids etc and everything. We don't have too much of a gap in age or anything else much. My friend knew his fiance in Vietnam for 2 weeks while he was there visiting, they got engaged, he file his papers the same time I did and made so many mistakes and got so many rfe and still she got her here in 6 months on the dot, they got married right away and she is now 7 or 8 month pregnant, and here I am lol 

Lol it depends on the contry. We met through my best friends wife which her best friend we started talking back in June of last year we talked every day through chats, phone calls and video calls and we clicked and then I decided to go end of September to meet and we both decided we will get engaged and we did. We had a little gathering at her house from both families and we did the engagement. When he asked her how we met she told him and he kept asking her you think this enough and she kept smiling and says yes for us it is and then when she showed him the engagement pictures he asked her why didn't you have a big party??.

i contacted my congressman office today explained my case and they sent me some form to fill out and said they will submit an inquiry to the embassy so will see what happens.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Lol it depends on the contry. We met through my best friends wife which her best friend we started talking back in June of last year we talked every day through chats, phone calls and video calls and we clicked and then I decided to go end of September to meet and we both decided we will get engaged and we did. We had a little gathering at her house from both families and we did the engagement. When he asked her how we met she told him and he kept asking her you think this enough and she kept smiling and says yes for us it is and then when she showed him the engagement pictures he asked her why didn't you have a big party??.

i contacted my congressman office today explained my case and they sent me some form to fill out and said they will submit an inquiry to the embassy so will see what happens.

We didn't even do anything except exchange rings and let our parents know because I already told my parents why I was going to egypt and he asked his parents and both our parents just wants to know if we're serious, besides asking us why we r far apart, only promise to marry and not married and could we really be so far apart from each other and not going to each other because our parents don't believe that we have to wait so long until now for the embassy, but we keep reminding them we r waiting for the embassy still. I can't believe the CO ask your fiancee about a big party, it is only an engagement not even a wedding reception. Besides some people prefer a laid back engagement or wedding and I much would rather spend the money we have to save for better things in the future when we r together such as decorating our home together how we want, going to a luxury honeymoon, traveling america together, babies etc. Depends on what the couple agreed to do anyways -_-' I am doing the same with my Congressmen or checking out what of help they can do if any. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.