marmoh

K1 Visa Cairo AP Status now

191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

that's the thing, according to my fiance the CO didn't say anything, he gave her the passport back and  handed her a paper with the requested documents checked and that's it. please see below attachment. I don't think the reason of the AP is for security check, I don't have a criminal record here in the US and she doesn't have any problems in Egypt so I don't know if it's taken that long just to review the additional requested documents. Form.thumb.jpg.28da919420d679462dddecdb972c2923.jpg

AP is a low priority at embassy level (or any level really). You can expect them to look at your case after 2~4 months to either make a decision or to keep it in AP.

Male or female, that didn't used to be the case, it was random at first for males only. Today, expect it to happen to females too.

Like I said, K1 is now automatically redflagged and they decrease work load by creating a small backlog, by queuing cases for 2+ months time. Current cases take higher priority.

So being approved at the interview was the only guarantee not to go through all of this.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

AP is a low priority at embassy level (or any level really). You can expect them to look at your case after 2~4 months to either make a decision or to keep it in AP.

Male or female, that didn't used to be the case, it was random at first for males only. Today, expect it to happen to females too.

Like I said, K1 is now automatically redflagged and they decrease work load by creating a small backlog, by queuing cases for 2+ months time. Current cases take higher priority.

So being approved at the interview was the only guarantee not to go through all of this.

yeah I know and that's the frustrating part. do you know anyone from here that was approved within 4 months after was put on AP?

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

yeah I know and that's the frustrating part. do you know anyone from here that was approved within 4 months after was put on AP?

Yes, @E.Amr. Him and I got approved at the same time.

Timeline

I'm sorry for what you going through I can imagine how frustrated you are. good luck and please let us know when you get the visa.

Thank you.

Yasser

Timeline
On 8/21/2017 at 11:20 PM, Yasser&Neveen said:

did you send them your passport? have you tried to contact them? something doesn't make sense. did  @E.Amr  get the visa?

no , we didn't get the visa yet , and contacting the embassy seems useless 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, E.Amr said:

no , we didn't get the visa yet , and contacting the embassy seems useless 

Hello,

yes I know. How long have you been on AP?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 8/21/2017 at 5:26 PM, Super Uber said:

Same typical thing: Your case is on AP bla bla bla.

so even those who got approved went on AP? are there any users here that were approved and got their visa stamp or was everyone put on AP?

Timeline
1 hour ago, db2016 said:

so even those who got approved went on AP? are there any users here that were approved and got their visa stamp or was everyone put on AP?

Not really.

Most of those who were approved at the interview, that I know of, got their visa within 2 weeks time.

However, most recent K1 visa cases are/were put on temporary AP (2~4 months case sitting on the shelf for further review), after which a decision is made.

And If you get approved while on AP, an additional AP (security checks or whatever) is added on top.

Such as in my case and @E.Amr's. And I don't know how long it'll last.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

malish ya gam3a i have a few questions about sending the documents to the embassy.
if any of you can help me.

We got the email from the embassy to send the documents. My questions are:

1. the I-134, can it be a copy or does my fiance have to send the one I actually signed?

2. For the birth certificate and police record. Did you send the actual records or copies? Additionally did you get them both translated. We already translated the birth certificate for the original application to USCIS, do we need to do a new translation or can we send the original one?

3. Did you send anything for the medical or just brought it to the interview?

4. My fiance has never been married, but I am divorced, should he send my divorce docs from the US or no, that just applies to him?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.