marmoh

K1 Visa Cairo AP Status now

191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 minutes ago, db2016 said:

That really scares me. I can't imagine after waiting 8-9 months for our NOA2 to now wait that same amount of time after the interview. Do you have a lawyer?

Yes, and a very good one. But guess what: all lawyers will tell you that this is out of their hands. Once you're in AP, you're at their mercy, in a sense. That's why I said make sure you get approved because K1 applicants will be scrutinized like never before. You will even be asked "why didn't you not get married here? (meaning if you're serious about the relationship)"

So be prepared for anything and everything. Expect the unexpected.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Yes, and a very good one. But guess what: all lawyers will tell you that this is out of their hands. Once you're in AP, you're at their mercy, in a sense. That's why I said make sure you get approved because K1 applicants will be scrutinized like never before. You will even be asked "why didn't you not get married here? (meaning if you're serious about the relationship)"

So be prepared for anything and everything. Expect the unexpected.

so insane! we have a lawyer as well and spent thousands on him. This is so unsettling, i wonder if their is anyone here that has had a positive experience and not been put on AP. 

Timeline
Just now, db2016 said:

so insane! we have a lawyer as well and spent thousands on him. This is so unsettling, i wonder if their is anyone here that has had a positive experience and not been put on AP. 

There are few cases, and all of them were approved during the interview. So that's the only common thing.

Timeline
On 8/10/2017 at 1:19 AM, Yasser&Neveen said:

when I e-mail them they respond with the same message "Please note that your case is under Undergoing Mandatory Administrative Processing. The time needed to review an individual case is difficult to determine, once the process is complete we will notify you with the next step" the only time they responded differently is when I asked if they received the additional docs requested and they said yes.

you mailed NVC or the embassy at cairo? can you please send me their mail. thanks

Timeline

Hello,

do you guys have the same message below on your case status? please see the section where it states that the visa have to be issued before September 30th, does this means the AP have to be completed by then or is it just a standard message to all cases?

Thank you

Yasser

Capture.PNG

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hello,

do you guys have the same message below on your case status? please see the section where it states that the visa have to be issued before September 30th, does this means the AP have to be completed by then or is it just a standard message to all cases?

Thank you

Yasser

Capture.PNG

It also states that it's related to DV cases only. I don't think it has any relevance to other case types.

Timeline

that is crazy I mean at what point you can do something to get any formation?. do you know why your case is under AP? for us the CO asked for Viber communications and family registration for my fiance which is weird for a female and they confirmed they received them on 6/12/17. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

that is crazy I mean at what point you can do something to get any formation?. do you know why your case is under AP? for us the CO asked for Viber communications and family registration for my fiance which is weird for a female and they confirmed they received them on 6/12/17. 

There's nothing I can do about my case, I always email and I always get the same standard, copy/paste response.

I have red flags on the case and I'm also a male, so, go figure.

They didn't request any additional evidence. Except for an individual registration.

K1 cases now are red flagged automatically, and you have to prove that you aren't married.

7 minutes ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

so after 5 month they notified you that you are approved? did they have your passport or did you send it after you were approved?

After 4, I miss calculated. It's been 5 months since the alleged approval. They asked for new medical and passport. And I asked for the passport back after 2 months when I found no progress on the visa issuance. They'll have to call/email me to get it, or so they said.

What was told to you at the interview? Approved? wait a few months? what "exactly"?

Timeline

that's the thing, according to my fiance the CO didn't say anything, he gave her the passport back and  handed her a paper with the requested documents checked and that's it. please see below attachment. I don't think the reason of the AP is for security check, I don't have a criminal record here in the US and she doesn't have any problems in Egypt so I don't know if it's taken that long just to review the additional requested documents. Form.thumb.jpg.28da919420d679462dddecdb972c2923.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.