Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

On 4/20/2018 at 10:24 AM, agrzybianek said:

congrats! wait, 3 questions? I thought they ask 10 and you have to answer 6 correctly? 

Yep, only 3 questions. I think 10 is the max if you answer any wrong, but it is probably up the officer's discretion.

On 4/22/2018 at 7:59 AM, Steelers1020 said:

Hopefully you get your oath soon!  My husband interviewed on April 11th and his oath is scheduled for April 26th. 

Wow, that is quick. 

6 hours ago, jujusju said:

I had my interview on April 2nd and it wasn't very smooth (missing dox), but still was scheduled for Oath for April 30 (on April 21st got the letter saying that on April 30th will have the Oath). From what we hear, on average, it's back to the normal 3-4 weeks between interview and oath. 

We will be out of state for the 1st 10 days of May. Based on your timeline, looks like the oath will probably be bang in the middle of that.

How easy is it to re-schedule the oath? Or should we change our travel plans? Had interview on 4th Apr, but haven't received a date for the oath so far.

Edited by bzbee

23 hours ago, sw88 said:

After reading last 2 pages of this thread, I have lost the last ray of hope too. 

Chicago is so backlogged :'( 

I'm a March 2018 filer. I should expect anything in 2019 . This wait gets so painful when one has to live away fron their spouse, just to get over with this. Plus, the fear lingering all the time of getting denied if one goes out of states to visit their Spouse. Major source of depression!

If you are an online filer then your timeline might be different. You should check the Dec & Jan thread for online filers if that's the case. 

11 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

I think the average is 3-4 weeks after interview. My husband was very shocked to have such a quick turnaround. 

yeah so was I when I saw your post!
I wonder what the "deciding" factor is on who gets scheduled and when.

Could it have something to do depending what country you are from?

Does anyone know if the questions listed under https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/teachers/educational-products/100-civics-questions-and-answers-mp3-audio-english-version  are up to date? i wanna make sure i study the right ones for my interview :) one of the questions asks how old you have to be  to register for selective service, on the website it says 18-26 but I've heard 18-25 and even 18-31! does anyone know if the 18-26 thats listed on the page with allt he questions is correct? 

My husband is done! Officially a citizen. Please let me know if you have any questions. It was a very nice ceremony. 

Timeline:

FO: Chicago 

Filing under 5 yr

Priority Date: May 25, 2017

Notice Date: May 29, 2017

Biometric Notice: June 2, 2017

Finger Prints: June 22, 2017

In Line for Interview: July 3, 2017

Interview scheduled email: March 8, 2018

Interview letter received: March 12, 2018

Interview: April 11th, 2018 - Passed

Email received that oath notice has been mailed: April 13th, 2018

Oath letter received in the mail: April 16th, 2018

Oath: April 26th, 2018

Applied for passport: April 26th, 2018

Edited by Steelers1020

@jujusju hope your oath went well. Congratulations on being done!

@bzbee Any news on your oath? I know you mentioned that you were heading out of town soon. 

@agrzybianek I think the average wait time is 3-4 weeks. It could be hit or miss with your travel dates. Good luck next week on your interview!! 

Edited by Steelers1020

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
10 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

@jujusju hope your oath went well. Congratulations on being done!

@bzbee Any news on your oath? I know you mentioned that you were heading out of town soon. 

@agrzybianek I think the average wait time is 3-4 weeks. It could be hit or miss with your travel dates. Good luck next week on your interview!! 

Thank you @Steelers1020 ! All done now! not even 15 years have passed since step 1 :) only 14!             

and 355 days from application to Oath! not even 1 year! 

Good luck to everybody and thanks for your support!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.