Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aneta73 said:

Paper filer. USCIS webste says :

We are scheduling your interview. We have a large volume of interviews to schedule so you may not hear from us immediately. We will notify you when we have scheduled your interview and mail you an appointment notice with details.

i filed in July and my interview is May 9th, you should get yours soon too!

Filed: Timeline

Finally done and over with USCIS. 

Had my ceremony yesterday, it was in a library, around 50 people or so from around 10 different countries. It was a surreal experience and glad this journey is finally over. 

Hang in in there guys, you will get there eventually. Patience is the real key for this process. 

Good luck to everyone!

Any Sept paper filers who are scheduled for an interview? I saw one was scheduled ( an online applicant?).

My status is still scheduling an interview. I don’t know when they will start processing September application to schedule the interview. Also, my wife and I applied simulataneously. I am hoping they schedule us on the same day and time. 

Congrats to all who keep updating the forum!

On 4/20/2018 at 12:35 AM, bzbee said:

Interview was easy and quick, took about 12 mins total - and most of that was reviewing the application. The officer went over each item on the appln and confirmed the answers. Then three questions from the 100 (answered them correctly), asked to read from a card and then write a sentence that he said. That ended the interview,  officer gave a paper with 'recommended for approval' ticked. Said oath will be scheduled in 4-6 weeks, said they will mail a letter. Nothing so far, still waiting for that letter.

Hopefully you get your oath soon!  My husband interviewed on April 11th and his oath is scheduled for April 26th. 

On 4/20/2018 at 10:56 AM, Aneta73 said:

We filed on August 7th and still nothing. It's very frustrating to see September fillers go through interview and oath before us. But I guess we have no control so we just have to wait.

I think you will get your interview letter around May 20 - 30.  I know the wait is so frustrating. Good luck!

After reading last 2 pages of this thread, I have lost the last ray of hope too. 

Chicago is so backlogged :'( 

I'm a March 2018 filer. I should expect anything in 2019 . This wait gets so painful when one has to live away fron their spouse, just to get over with this. Plus, the fear lingering all the time of getting denied if one goes out of states to visit their Spouse. Major source of depression!

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
36 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

does anyone know how long the wait is from interview to oath in Chicago? I have my interview May 9th but I am out of the state May 17th-30th

I had my interview on April 2nd and it wasn't very smooth (missing dox), but still was scheduled for Oath for April 30 (on April 21st got the letter saying that on April 30th will have the Oath). From what we hear, on average, it's back to the normal 3-4 weeks between interview and oath. 

Just now, jujusju said:

I had my interview on April 2nd and it wasn't very smooth (missing dox), but still was scheduled for Oath for April 30 (on April 21st got the letter saying that on April 30th will have the Oath). From what we hear, on average, it's back to the normal 3-4 weeks between interview and oath. 

oh ok, the reason I was asking is that someone said that they had an interview on April 11th and April 26th they have their oath. Congrats on your oath

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
1 hour ago, agrzybianek said:

oh ok, the reason I was asking is that someone said that they had an interview on April 11th and April 26th they have their oath. Congrats on your oath

I saw that too - very fast! however, I also know my best friend/ neighbor had his interview on Jan 10 2018 and no Oath yet as of today (he doesn't care much, but the fact is that THERE ARE outliers both on the positive and negative sides).

Yours will be fast! :)

6 minutes ago, jujusju said:

I saw that too - very fast! however, I also know my best friend/ neighbor had his interview on Jan 10 2018 and no Oath yet as of today (he doesn't care much, but the fact is that THERE ARE outliers both on the positive and negative sides).

Yours will be fast! :)

Hopefully not in the middle of when i am out of the state

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.