Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Anyone else get any updates??

not really, filed end of June thought mail, had my fingerprints 3-4 weeks later and have been stuck in "waiting in line for interview" since then. I've read that they are conducting interviews for mid March right now for those who filed through mail not online.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Anyone else get any updates??

None for me.  I've now been inline waiting for an interview to be scheduled for 213 days:(. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I got one more interview notice with a date 12/12. I have now two officially scheduled interviews one on 12/12 and another on 12/18. So I am going to the earliest one. USCIS stance: if you didn't receive a cancellation letter for any of your appointments you have to show up. I will go on 12/12 and ask them if they want to see me the second time. I doubt they do. 

2 hours ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

I got one more interview notice with a date 12/12. I have now two officially scheduled interviews one on 12/12 and another on 12/18. So I am going to the earliest one. USCIS stance: if you didn't receive a cancellation letter for any of your appointments you have to show up. I will go on 12/12 and ask them if they want to see me the second time. I doubt they do. 

when did you receive the first notice? trying to figure out how soon after they mail your notice your actual interview is (seems like 3-4 weeks)

does anyone know what days they won't be conducting interviews in December for christmas/new years? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

when did you receive the first notice? trying to figure out how soon after they mail your notice your actual interview is (seems like 3-4 weeks)

does anyone know what days they won't be conducting interviews in December for christmas/new years? 

I received the first notice with the date of 12/18 on 11/17 and then a week later around 11/25 I received the second one with 12/12 date. My situation is probably not all that typical. Usually applicants get their interview notices 4-5 weeks before the actual interview date.

USCIS observes the federal holidays they should be open on any other date. The only thing is that there are a lot of employees  that take off for the holidays so USCIS may schedule less interviews closer to Christmas and New Year or if they overschedule, applicants might receive good old interview cancellations "due to unforeseen circumstances" aka somebody took a couple of days off.

2 hours ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

Hopefully 12/12 will work out and you will move on to the oath part of the process. My brother-in-law is also interviewing on 12/12 and I've seen a few filers on here with the same date. 

Good luck and let us know what happens! 

Edited by Steelers1020

15 minutes ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

I received the first notice with the date of 12/18 on 11/17 and then a week later around 11/25 I received the second one with 12/12 date. My situation is probably not all that typical. Usually applicants get their interview notices 4-5 weeks before the actual interview date.

USCIS observes the federal holidays they should be open on any other date. The only thing is that there are a lot of employees  that take off for the holidays so USCIS may schedule less interviews closer to Christmas and New Year or if they overschedule, applicants might receive good old interview cancellations "due to unforeseen circumstances" aka somebody took a couple of days off.

makes sense, my wife and i are planning a vacation for December 21st-Jan 1st thats why i am asking we would hate to get scheduled now and have to cancel our trip (or even worse cancel our trip and then have the interview get canceled)

so I'm guessing their facility is closed December 24th/25th December 31st(?) and January 1st

Edited by agrzybianek

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Steelers1020 said:

Hopefully 12/12 will work out and you will move on to the oath part of the process. My brother-in-law is also interviewing on 12/12 and I've seen a few filers on here with the same date. 

Good luck and let us know what happens! 

Thank you! I will definitely post my interview story.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

makes sense, my wife and i are planning a vacation for December 21st-Jan 1st thats why i am asking we would hate to get scheduled now and have to cancel our trip (or even worse cancel our trip and then have the interview get canceled)

so I'm guessing their facility is closed December 24th/25th December 31st(?) and January 1st

They should be closed on 12/25. 12/24 is Sunday they are for sure closed and then on 01/01. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I wish we could keep a running tab of how many people applied online through the Chicago office vs paper filing to Chicago office.

But ’tis a common proof
That lowliness is young ambition’s ladder,
Whereto the climber upward turns his face.
But when he once attains the upmost round,
He then unto the ladder turns his back,
Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
By which he did ascend.
- Julius Caesar
--------------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

07/02/2014 Forms sent via FedEx to USCIS in Chicago, IL

07/08/2014 USCIS Filing Fees accepted

07/09/2014 NOA texts and emails

07/12/2014 Received NOA in mail

07/18/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment NOA for 7/31

07/31/2014 Biometrics @ 5220 S Pulaski - Completed!

08/04/2014 Testing and Interview

09/02/2014 EAD Approved and Card in Production (62 Days from filing)

09/04/2014 AP Approved (64 Days from filing)

09/09/2014 EAD/AP Mailed

09/10/2014 EAD/AP "Combo" Card Received

01/12/2015 Text for 485 Adjustment Received (Interview Schedule)

02/17/2015 Interview Scheduled (230 Days or 7 months and 15 days from filing)

02/17/2015 Request for Original Document

02/24/2015 Original Document Shown and Green Card Approved for Production

03/04/2015 Green Card Arrived Via USPS

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/03/2017 Forms and paperwork sent in to California.

01/09/2017 NOA1 Received

On 11/29/2017 at 12:09 PM, gabreigns said:

I wish we could keep a running tab of how many people applied online through the Chicago office vs paper filing to Chicago office.

Just looking at various different months, online filing and paper filing is showing quite vast differences. Some online filers in Oct already have an interview date. 

I think paper filers are taking 9-12 months and online filers are taking 4-6 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.