neophi

G-325A Question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I filled out the G-325A for my wife, printed it, scanned it, and e-mailed it to my wife so she could print/sign it and send it back to me through FedEx. (For some stupid reason, you can't save filled out data on the G-325A PDF, you can only save a blank copy.)

So I received the package today with a lovely love letter along with her G-325A, which she did sign BUT forgot to write the date! :ranting:

I was wondering if I should or shouldn't write the date myself. I guess the important thing is the signature itself, but still... I left the date blank so she could write it herself when she signed, like I did in my G-325A.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advanced!

Edited by felipe d.

Naturalization Timeline:

Jan. 03, 2020 - N-400 filed online

Jan. 23, 2020 - Biometrics appointment

Apr. 08, 2020 - Interview scheduled

I lift up my eyes to the hills—

where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I won't advise you on the signature thing as I'm not sure what's allowed or not, but I will say that if you want to save a filled-out G-325A, you have to get Adobe Acrobat Professional. Perhaps you can get it from someone? It's hella expensive.

I-130

2007-03-17: NOA1

2007-06-01: Approved

I-129F (K-3)

2007-03-26: NOA1

2007-06-01: Approved

2007-07-26: Interview at Consulate

2007-08-06: US Entry

AOS

2007-10-31: AOS NOA1

2008-04-04: Green Card received.

Removing conditions

2010-01-19: Filed I-751

2010-01-26: Check cashed

Filed: Timeline

felipe d.,

I think you should fill in the date.

Yodrak

Hello everyone,

I filled out the G-325A for my wife, printed it, scanned it, and e-mailed it to my wife so she could print/sign it and send it back to me through FedEx. (For some stupid reason, you can't save filled out data on the G-325A PDF, you can only save a blank copy.)

So I received the package today with a lovely love letter along with her G-325A, which she did sign BUT forgot to write the date!

I was wondering if I should or shouldn't write the date myself. I guess the important thing is the signature itself, but still... I left the date blank so she could write it herself when she signed, like I did in my G-325A.

Thanks in advanced!

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. I had actually decided to fill in the date myself, or have friend with better handwriting do it, but it turns out she sent me the copy of the form which had a slight typo, rather than the corrected one... ugh <_<

vikasp, thank you for your idea on trying it with Acrobat Professional. I downloaded the form on a coworker's computer that has Professional installed and it worked fine. Now my wife can sign/print the filled out PDF rather than the JPEGs of the scanned form, which kinda had some loss in quality.

There goes 3 more days scratched off the calendar before my wife is here :(

Naturalization Timeline:

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

for the date, you don t really have to date it by hand you can type it out using a typewriter. signature is the most important part

2-8-2007: I-130 petition sent on ...forgot to do the overnight

2-12-2007: Receipt Date - Received by Texas USCIS

2-16-2007: Notice Date

2-22-2007: check cashed

2-24-2007: Received NOA1 letter in mail (from CA)

5-16-2007: touched

5-17-2007: approved

5-21-2007: NOA2 in da mail

2-26-2007: sent 129f overnight via USPS (should get to them on 2-27-2007 by noon)

3-1-2007: Receipt date - Received by chicago center (noted on Notice I-797)

3-5-2007: Notice Date (I-797)(Also noted on the Notice I797-C)

3-7-2007: Check cashed

3-10-2007: Received NOA1 in the mail(Notice I797)

3-15-2007: Notice Date on the I797-C

3-17-2007: USCIS Web site updated to notify of transfer

3-20-2007: Notice of transfer in mail

3-30-2007: Touch #1 CSC updated USCIS web site to notify me that they have my case

4-2-2007: touched (#2)

5-16-2007: touched

5-17-2007: Approved

5-21-2007: NOA2 in da mail

5-29-2007: case # assigned...

5-30-2007: Forwarded to mumbai consulate

6-1-2007:Mumbai sent out packet 3

6-13-2007: called DOS and NVC to make sure mumbai had the case. we never got the packet 3 perhaps no one was at home!?!?

6-14-2007: Wife overnights packet 3 which was downloaded from the mumbai consulate site, filled it out, and sent it in along with other documents

6-15-2007: packet 3 delivered to mumbai consulate

My husband dated it himself (I originally signed it) and we got no problem.

Hello everyone,

So I received the package today with a lovely love letter along with her G-325A, which she did sign BUT forgot to write the date! :ranting:

Thanks in advanced!

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My humble opinion...put the date in yourself. The ORIGINAL signature is the most important part. What I am doing is referring my wife to the website and having her download the forms (Saves me from doing it!) fill them out and send them to me.

Which brings me to a question: :help: Which delivery service from Colombia to the USA seems to be the most expedient....and reasonably priced???

Best Wishes to All,

Filed: Timeline

felipe d.,

So put a line through the incorrect entry and write the correct information nearby. No need to wait for another copy.

Yodrak

Thanks for the replies. I had actually decided to fill in the date myself, or have friend with better handwriting do it, but it turns out she sent me the copy of the form which had a slight typo, rather than the corrected one... ugh

vikasp, thank you for your idea on trying it with Acrobat Professional. I downloaded the form on a coworker's computer that has Professional installed and it worked fine. Now my wife can sign/print the filled out PDF rather than the JPEGs of the scanned form, which kinda had some loss in quality.

There goes 3 more days scratched off the calendar before my wife is here

Timeline

Yeah maybe I should have. It was no biggie though. Plus I'm kind of obsessive about presentation and stuff.

Craig, I think we used FedEx. I'm not sure if there is any another cheaper way though (a package for papers costs like $35). From here to there I think Avianca Express is prettygood. I'm not sure if there is one near you, but there's one in Plantation and Kendall.

Naturalization Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.