SarahNRolando

Guatemala Appointment Time?

360 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HeatherO27 said:

You guys are making me feel better about the whole situation. My husband and I have been going throught the process for almost 4 yrs but last week we just recieved our i601a approval. We have a meeting with our attorney on oct.2 to find out whats next. We are super nervous after reading all the documents he needs, I can't attend with him as we have three children and can't afford it. Was it hard to get the police certificate and med exams? How long were you and your husbands separated? Any tips would help! Our attorney is the hardest person to get in contact with :( 

Hi! Congrats on your approval. My husband had no problems with either of these. As long as he has his DPI, it won't be a problem. Just be prepared to wait that day for awhile because it gets crowded. But that was the worst part. The medical exam, he had to come back on Monday to get his results (appt was on a Friday), but it wasn't a big deal. We were 2 days shy of being apart for three weeks. He was approved on 9/11 at his interview and his visa was ready on 9/13 early in the morning! Came home his past Sunday 9/17!! Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, HeatherO27 said:

You guys are making me feel better about the whole situation. My husband and I have been going throught the process for almost 4 yrs but last week we just recieved our i601a approval. We have a meeting with our attorney on oct.2 to find out whats next. We are super nervous after reading all the documents he needs, I can't attend with him as we have three children and can't afford it. Was it hard to get the police certificate and med exams? How long were you and your husbands separated? Any tips would help! Our attorney is the hardest person to get in contact with :( 

You'll need an updated birth cert for him with picture.

He'll need DPI to get police certs. After you submit everything to NVC and your case is closed, usually within 11 weeks (can be less), you'll receive instructions for med exam. I just scheduled hubby's yesterday for next Monday.

1 hour ago, mnm2017 said:

Thank you! Exam 9/25. They told me he will have to go back to pick up results 2 days later.

They probably just said that , when I did the appt they said if it was an early appt could get results that day maybe there booked. 

Also my husband only needed 3 shots (he's 26) the rest of them had a code that said he was past the age that required them it would've been 4 but he had varicella already (chicken pox?) 

and yes yes you'll need DPI to get the policiacos and penales he got both the same day but he was there super early and a line was already outside so be sure to get there early. 

And as for the. Birth certificate (with the pictures) that didn't take long either. 

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
6 hours ago, mnm2017 said:

He'll need DPI to get police certs. After you submit everything to NVC and your case is closed, usually within 11 weeks (can be less), you'll receive instructions for med exam. I just scheduled hubby's yesterday for next Monday.

My husband does not have his dpi, but he called chicago and they will issue him one there and it is only about 5 hours from us. He has a cedula. Also he has a renap bc but its from 2014 when we started this process and I think it has to be less then a year old if I am not mistaken? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, SarahNRolando said:

Hi! Congrats on your approval. My husband had no problems with either of these. As long as he has his DPI, it won't be a problem. Just be prepared to wait that day for awhile because it gets crowded. But that was the worst part. The medical exam, he had to come back on Monday to get his results (appt was on a Friday), but it wasn't a big deal. We were 2 days shy of being apart for three weeks. He was approved on 9/11 at his interview and his visa was ready on 9/13 early in the morning! Came home his past Sunday 9/17!! Hope this helps!

Thank you, it does help. We are just worry warts and always think the worst. I can't wait until this is over. 

2 hours ago, HeatherO27 said:

My husband does not have his dpi, but he called chicago and they will issue him one there and it is only about 5 hours from us. He has a cedula. Also he has a renap bc but its from 2014 when we started this process and I think it has to be less then a year old if I am not mistaken? 

Yes, definitely has to be the new one. His won't have a picture yet since he doesn't have dpi, but that's ok. They will accept. 

As for dpi, he can apply at consul but they won't actually issue it. All docs are sent to Guatemala and it's issued there. Then shipped back to consul. I would recommend making appt as soon as possible as it can take several months to get. Hubby applied in December at Maryland consul. There was some problem in Guatemala where they weren't printing DPIs. Finally got printed in July but they said they don't mail them back to consul until they have 6-7,000 IDs! Luckily they let his mother pick it up in Guatemala city this week. Otherwise would still be waiting and he's headed there Saturday.  His friend went to the NY consul in February and got his couple weeks ago. Might be faster now, they said they have a 'new' printing machine, but better to get ahead of it. All other docs they'll ask you for you will be able to get here (except for police records). 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mnm2017 said:

Yes, definitely has to be the new one. His won't have a picture yet since he doesn't have dpi, but that's ok. They will accept. 

As for dpi, he can apply at consul but they won't actually issue it. All docs are sent to Guatemala and it's issued there. Then shipped back to consul. I would recommend making appt as soon as possible as it can take several months to get. Hubby applied in December at Maryland consul. There was some problem in Guatemala where they weren't printing DPIs. Finally got printed in July but they said they don't mail them back to consul until they have 6-7,000 IDs! Luckily they let his mother pick it up in Guatemala city this week. Otherwise would still be waiting and he's headed there Saturday.  His friend went to the NY consul in February and got his couple weeks ago. Might be faster now, they said they have a 'new' printing machine, but better to get ahead of it. All other docs they'll ask you for you will be able to get here (except for police records). 

Oh great, will we be able to wait until we have the dpi to get our interview date or will stuff expire, do you know? Also I have heard he could use the reciept of the dpi with the number on it to get his documents needed? Do you know if that is true. Also thank you for your advice it helps a lot! 

9 minutes ago, HeatherO27 said:

Oh great, will we be able to wait until we have the dpi to get our interview date or will stuff expire, do you know? Also I have heard he could use the reciept of the dpi with the number on it to get his documents needed? Do you know if that is true. Also thank you for your advice it helps a lot! 

Yes I've heard that also that the dpi number on the receipt is valid to get documents . 

20 minutes ago, HeatherO27 said:

Interview appointment not dependant on DPI, so process will move along even if you don't have it. Just need receipt page to get police docs. LMK if you have any other questions. Stressful process! 

13 hours ago, mnm2017 said:

Hi why dont you do email processing you will get approved in one week two top.

We had case complete in 4 days after subm. Docs to Nvc .hope this help

Timeline
Just now, Shalany2011 said:

Hi why dont you do email processing you will get approved in one week two top.

We had case complete in 4 days after subm. Docs to Nvc .hope this help

I don’t know what that means? Sorry I know nothing and we still haven’t met again with the attorney after we found out our i601a was approved but we go oct 2nd. 

21 minutes ago, mnm2017 said:

Interview appointment not dependant on DPI, so process will move along even if you don't have it. Just need receipt page to get police docs. LMK if you have any other questions. Stressful process! 

Thank you and yes the most stressful hardest thing in my life so far! 

3 minutes ago, HeatherO27 said:

I don’t know what that means? Sorry I know nothing and we still haven’t met again with the attorney after we found out our i601a was approved but we go oct 2nd. 

Thank you and yes the most stressful hardest thing in my life so far! 

I supose your are from guatemala. If so you can scan all your docs.to NVC instead of sending vía normal Mail wich tales 11 weeks or more if you get a check list.email processing is way fastér. Do it that way you will be surprise.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shalany2011 said:

I supose your are from guatemala. If so you can scan all your docs.to NVC instead of sending vía normal Mail wich tales 11 weeks or more if you get a check list.email processing is way fastér. Do it that way you will be surprise.

Yes my husband is from guatemala and I am pretty sure that is what our attorney will be doing once we meet with him! 

I was going to weigh in on all of this, but basically everything that has been said, or suggested has been our experience. We already had the DPI. We went to the consulate in Houston last year to get it and it took 4 months to get it, but were also told the receipt would work if for some reason it came after our appointment, which it didn't. I'll be happy to chime in if you have any other questions, just didn't want to repeat info that has already been given 😊

Filed: Other Timeline

Does anyone know if the new birth certificate format will work if my hubby doesn't have a picture on it? He got the new birth certificate printed in may but since he doesn't have his DPI there was no photo. We got the DPI receipt today in order to get police docs but there is no way to print a new birth certificate with pics in time. Since the NVC accepted the one without pics I'm thinking it's ok but does anyone have the experience of going to interview with new format but no pics?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.