SarahNRolando

Guatemala Appointment Time?

360 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, SarahNRolando said:

CONGRATS!!!  I just got the approval call as well!!!!!! And the two week news 😞 but maybe they are just saying that to cover themselves in case it takes longer? 

I was driving my work car and had to pull over somewhere because I was screaming, laughing and crying at the same time LOL I'm so happy for you all and I know what a relief this is! 

My husband answered questions about our marriage and about a car accident he had when he was 16 years old but other than that it was mostly about our marriage.

CONGRATS AND BEST WISHES!  

Lol yes I'm at work and luckily on lunch when he called .! Congratulations to you as well !!! 

So finally got to ask my husband what questions were asked. We had an approved 601A 

First date of entry , did he ever leave after initial entry he said yes (for the interview) . The consular asked who was petioning for him he said my wife , he then asked where and when did we meet, how many children we had , marriage certificate original and original (new version) of birth certificate. 

he did say at first he was worried because he had taken the passport pictures with his glasses on and we didn't know they didn't want them like that thankfully they accepted the ones the attorney had previously sent. 

He said all and all they were really nice and friendly and out of all the people he saw only two ladies were denied because of missing docs. 

hope this helps someone . 

Remember try not to be nervous and make sure hubby/wife remembers those important dates (you may get asked different questions but better to be over prepared) 

also i found in other forums that visas take 2-3 business days , however they told him 2 wks praying it's sooner ! We miss him 

Edited by Jrenoj

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, Jrenoj said:

So finally got to ask my husband what questions were asked. We had an approved 601A 

First date of entry , did he ever leave after initial entry he said yes (for the interview) . The consular asked who was petioning for him he said my wife , he then asked where and when did we meet, how many children we had , marriage certificate original and original (new version) of birth certificate. 

he did say at first he was worried because he had taken the passport pictures with his glasses on and we didn't know they didn't want them like that thankfully they accepted the ones the attorney had previously sent. 

He said all and all they were really nice and friendly and out of all the people he saw only two ladies were denied because of missing docs. 

Remember try not to be nervous and make sure hubby/wife remembers those important dates (you may get asked different questions but better to be over prepared) 

also i found in other forums that visas take 2-3 business days , however they told him 2 wks praying it's sooner ! We miss him 

Thanks for the info!

11 hours ago, Jrenoj said:

YES! Those are almost the same exact questions they asked my husband, except that we do not have children yet. My husband also said he saw some ladies turned away. Since they were in the same time group, I bet it was the same two ladies. He said that the group for those going for permanent resident interviews was much smaller (like 15 people; not sure if that was during his time frame, or altogether). I had told him I talked with you on here and about having the same time frame. He talked to a few people while he was there...maybe they met!!!! :)

7 minutes ago, SarahNRolando said:

YES! Those are almost the same exact questions they asked my husband, except that we do not have children yet. My husband also said he saw some ladies turned away. Since they were in the same time group, I bet it was the same two ladies. He said that the group for those going for permanent resident interviews was much smaller (like 15 people; not sure if that was during his time frame, or altogether). I had told him I talked with you on here and about having the same time frame. He talked to a few people while he was there...maybe they met!!!! :)

Maybe doc i told my husband as well that I had met you and that made a bit more relaxed knowing someone else was there with him even if they didn't know each other. So cool if they did meet I'll have to ask my husband later if he remembers and of the names of the people he met. 

Im tracking the passport I'm super eager for him to be home but so far it says no status is available for the passport :( 

in case you want to track it as well http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gt/gt-niv-passporttrack.asp

you will need his passport number. 

Please let me know if y'all get it prior to the 2wk mark we were given 

17 minutes ago, Jrenoj said:

Maybe doc i told my husband as well that I had met you and that made a bit more relaxed knowing someone else was there with him even if they didn't know each other. So cool if they did meet I'll have to ask my husband later if he remembers and of the names of the people he met. 

Im tracking the passport I'm super eager for him to be home but so far it says no status is available for the passport :( 

in case you want to track it as well http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gt/gt-niv-passporttrack.asp

you will need his passport number. 

Please let me know if y'all get it prior to the 2wk mark we were given 

I am SOO glad you just posted that link. I have been a little lost on how to track that. So will they notify us via email as well when it is ready? My husband is going to send me a photo of his approval letter once he wakes up so I can see what it says exactly.  

45 minutes ago, SarahNRolando said:

I am SOO glad you just posted that link. I have been a little lost on how to track that. So will they notify us via email as well when it is ready? My husband is going to send me a photo of his approval letter once he wakes up so I can see what it says exactly.  

Yes we should be receiving an email once it's ready for pick up but with the link you'll be able to track the progress like if it's on it's way to the cargo express

if you see that it shows ready for pick up but you haven't gotten an email then you would need to call and confirm it's there. 

15 minutes ago, Jrenoj said:

Yes we should be receiving an email once it's ready for pick up but with the link you'll be able to track the progress like if it's on it's way to the cargo express

if you see that it shows ready for pick up but you haven't gotten an email then you would need to call and confirm it's there. 

OK thanks so much!! Will keep everyone updated!

On 9/11/2017 at 11:13 PM, Jrenoj said:

Thanks for info and congrats!!! 

On 9/11/2017 at 2:45 PM, Jrenoj said:

Sorry maybe I misworded lol they asked him 3 questions he didn't tell me what they were , but out of all the docs we sent and had on hand they only cared for the original marriage certificate 

i really hope we get it in 4bsd ! 

I got out CC 8/2/17 (exactly 11wks from docs being sent to NVC) & on 8/7/17 we got our email with the interview date.  We received it by mail around week of 8/14

Thanks for info!

Hey everyone! Just got the email that hubby's passport is on it's way to Cargo Express! When I checked the link where you enter your passport number it says, "Your passport is ready for pickup" He is going to call them and double check to make sure it is indeed there!! Will keep you updated, but this is sure less than two weeks!!! 😊😊

41 minutes ago, SarahNRolando said:

Hey everyone! Just got the email that hubby's passport is on it's way to Cargo Express! When I checked the link where you enter your passport number it says, "Your passport is ready for pickup" He is going to call them and double check to make sure it is indeed there!! Will keep you updated, but this is sure less than two weeks!!! 😊😊

I'm a little jealous I just checked but it says that there is no status update :( maybe later on it'll get updated hopefully 

comgratulations im sure your husband is more than ready to be home

55 minutes ago, SarahNRolando said:

Hopefully I get an email tomorrow , you gave me hope that we won't have to wait the two wks. 

Cna i ask what time the email was sent to you? 

Don't get worried!! The statuses literally change ALLLL day!!

Let me give you an example of my day yesterday.

I checked the passport link (9 AM): No information about the passport

Checked the CEAC website (shortly after 9 AM) and it said "Administrative Processing" after which I practically had a massive heart attack and called the NVC. I explained that we had received a congratulations letter and instructions on how to pick up the passport, but not a 221G that is associated with the dreaded administrative processing. They were super nice and explained that this was not THE scary AP, but just a status that everyone's case falls to after the interview. It is actual administrative processing (preparation, printing, etc.) so don't be afraid if you have received an approval letter but your CEAC status says that.

By noon it had changed to "Issued" on CEAC, but still no passport info.

Last night before I went to bed (10 PM), the passport info had changed to "Passport has been sent from Consular Department; something about preparing for delivery" (not the exact wording)

This morning, I literally rolled over and checked the passport info and it said, "Your passport is ready for pickup" and the email had come at 2:08 AM saying that it was sent to the courier and gave me a waybill #.

So I am going to check that number this morning and wait until I hear from hubby to confirm, but don't get down because they change those statuses ALL day, so keep checking!!! I'm hoping all of this is correct as well, but won't know until he confirms. But again, KEEP CHECKING!

Praying it will be soon!!

2 minutes ago, SarahNRolando said:

Don't get worried!! The statuses literally change ALLLL day!!

Let me give you an example of my day yesterday.

I checked the passport link (9 AM): No information about the passport

Checked the CEAC website (shortly after 9 AM) and it said "Administrative Processing" after which I practically had a massive heart attack and called the NVC. I explained that we had received a congratulations letter and instructions on how to pick up the passport, but not a 221G that is associated with the dreaded administrative processing. They were super nice and explained that this was not THE scary AP, but just a status that everyone's case falls to after the interview. It is actual administrative processing (preparation, printing, etc.) so don't be afraid if you have received an approval letter but your CEAC status says that.

By noon it had changed to "Issued" on CEAC, but still no passport info.

Last night before I went to bed (10 PM), the passport info had changed to "Passport has been sent from Consular Department; something about preparing for delivery" (not the exact wording)

This morning, I literally rolled over and checked the passport info and it said, "Your passport is ready for pickup" and the email had come at 2:08 AM saying that it was sent to the courier and gave me a waybill #.

So I am going to check that number this morning and wait until I hear from hubby to confirm, but don't get down because they change those statuses ALL day, so keep checking!!! I'm hoping all of this is correct as well, but won't know until he confirms. But again, KEEP CHECKING!

Praying it will be soon!!

Thank yo so much for telling me this , I will comtinue to check all day hopefully we get it today or tomorrow or Friday and not the full 2 wks ! 

Thank you for your words of encouragement :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.