lostbutterfly

AOS Interview today - No decision has been made.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our interview today AT 7:15am at the Los Angeles Downtown location. We were sworn in and the officer asked me to verify some information. Fairly simple process. Afterwards he seperated my husband and I and asked us the same set of questions.

- When did you meet?

- Where was your first date?

- When did you decide to get married?

- How many people attended your civil wedding?

- What kind of stove do you have? 

So my spouse and I had answered most questions correct except for the stove question. I said gas and he said electric. The correct answer was gas but my husband wasn't aware because he does not do any cooking. 

We currently live in my uncles house but there is a separate house behind his property, that is where my husband and I live temporarily. Most of the time we spend it in our separate house but will occasionally join the family for meals. That is why my husband was not too familiar with the stove.

After our interview the officer gave us a letter of continuance which states that our case is being held for review. The officer then told us we should receive a decision in the next few weeks.

I was a bit devastated because I believed our case would have a decision on the spot.

Do you think the stove question could be the reason he requires to further review?

37 minutes ago, lostbutterfly said:

We had our interview today AT 7:15am at the Los Angeles Downtown location. We were sworn in and the officer asked me to verify some information. Fairly simple process. Afterwards he seperated my husband and I and asked us the same set of questions.

- When did you meet?

- Where was your first date?

- When did you decide to get married?

- How many people attended your civil wedding?

- What kind of stove do you have? 

So my spouse and I had answered most questions correct except for the stove question. I said gas and he said electric. The correct answer was gas but my husband wasn't aware because he does not do any cooking. 

We currently live in my uncles house but there is a separate house behind his property, that is where my husband and I live temporarily. Most of the time we spend it in our separate house but will occasionally join the family for meals. That is why my husband was not too familiar with the stove.

After our interview the officer gave us a letter of continuance which states that our case is being held for review. The officer then told us we should receive a decision in the next few weeks.

I was a bit devastated because I believed our case would have a decision on the spot.

Do you think the stove question could be the reason he requires to further review?

Potentially but I think it's not too common to get approved on the spot. I think generally they take a couple of days before you'll get a decision since the officer will probably speak to their supervisor and so on. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, lostbutterfly said:

Quick update: hours later my status changed to Card is being produced! Wooooo

Congratulations!  That is wonderful news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.