Nessa

Question for the ladies

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm glad someone brought up this topic. I have no idea what kind of skin care system I should be using to help prevent premature aging, other than a cleanser and a moisturiser. Would anyone care to list their regimen?

I have fair, combination skin, which is predisposed to rosacea. I use a clinique foaming cleanser at night and in the morning, and clinique moisturising lotion before I put on my makeup. I know I should be using a moisturiser with an SPF. Other than that, does anyone have any recommendations?

To the OP, I used to break out when I used certain moisturisers, but haven't had any problems at all with clinique moisturiser. I've heard a lot of people say that it's good for sensitive as well as oily skin.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Right...

So, I guess it's another jar of Vaseline...

Because it causes irritation and flaking, many people stop using Retin-A after a few days

or weeks, then think that it didn't work. It takes at least 2-6 months to see a noticeable

difference in wrinkles, but it works wonders.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, personally, I don't believe in so-called "anti-aging" creams and so forth. There may be topical treatments to temporarily cover up wrinkles and the like, but nothing will truly prevent the aging process. But then again, I'm fairly young and male, so maybe it doesn't really matter to me that much.

I certainly don't think anyone is "crazy" for attempting to try different things, such as anti-aging creams and lotions. Maybe one out of a thousand will work. Who knows? If something does work (and with relatively few side-effects), please tell me. My fiancee is very concerned about getting older. I've told her over and over again that it doesn't concern me (I mean, I think she's beautiful no matter what!), but I think it's just something that she's somewhat preoccupied with, regardless of what I tell her.

So if something does work, I'd be very happy to know about it. ;)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I have a very oily skin and an acne problem. Every product I buy for acne (obvioulsy they're oil free) works fine for my skin, like Neutrogena or Clean & Clear. I've been using them for a while and I feel they help preventing future break outs and controlling the oil.

But since I'm not 16 anymore I was starting to look for an anti-aging product and I've been having problems with the fact that, even though they say ''oil-free'' and ''don't clog pores'', I feel my skin very oily after I put the product on and my acne keep appearing. So I keep going back to using oil-free acne prevention products.

My question is, do any of you have the same problem and/or know about any product that is not only anti-aging but also help preventing acne? Or am I asking too much?

Are all grown up women that want to prevent wrinkles or other aging effects acne free? Am I the only person in the world that keeps having acne problems after being an adult?

Because I keep looking for all types of products and I can find a variety of them, but they're all good either for acne or they're anti-aging, anti-wrinkle.

Any help is welcome.

I think we have the same skin type. I'm in my thirties, but have the skin of a teenager, which is both a blessing and a curse. Most moisturizers and sunscreens turn my face into an oil slick and/or make me break out.

The most important anti-aging thing you can use is sunscreen, even if, like me, you never burn. Some sunscreens contain zinc, which will help with acne and excess oil. I'm currently using Biore pore minimizing something-or-other with SPF 15, though I'm not really sure what's in it. I went through about half a dozen moisturizers since I returned to the States, and that's the only one I've liked so far.

I also love Alpha Hydrox products, but they can be harder to find. They dissolve the top layer of dead skin cells, clearing pores and lessening fine lines. They can cause irritation, however, and you must use sunscreen while using any alpha hydroxy acid product.

I think oily skin turns into a blessing as you get older. Your body produces its own moisturizer, so you don't have to worry as much about anti-aging stuff. :)

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
For night I use their night cream but with a special eye cream too. I don't get greasy skin around my eyes, so I slather that on! I use L'Oreal Revitalift Eye. Is really good.

The entire L'Oreal Revitalift line is based on Retinol, which is a retinoid form of

vitamin A.

Another retinoid form of vitamin A, retinoic acid (also called tretinoin) is widely

used in the treatment of acne, so it's a good choice for you.

If you have a serious acne problem, you can get a prescription for Retin-A Micro,

which is a concentrated form of retinoic acid. It works by increasing skin cell

turnover, promoting the extrusion of the plugged material in the follicle. The

side-effect of increased skin cell turnover can be irritation and flaking, but it also

helps reduce wrinkles and minimise the appearance of pores :P

According to my dermatologist, "there's no reason why any caucasian person

shouldn't be using Retin-A". It's quite expensive though ($70-100 for a tiny tube)

and you do need a prescription.

I have thought in the past about buying Loreal Revitalift. I'll check if it's not too expensive and give it a try. So during the day I can still use the usual acne facial product (I'm currently using Clean & Clear oil-free moisturizer with salicylic acid and washing my face with Neutrogena acne wash also with salicylic acid) and before bedtime I can use that one.

I think we have the same skin type. I'm in my thirties, but have the skin of a teenager, which is both a blessing and a curse. Most moisturizers and sunscreens turn my face into an oil slick and/or make me break out.

The most important anti-aging thing you can use is sunscreen, even if, like me, you never burn. Some sunscreens contain zinc, which will help with acne and excess oil. I'm currently using Biore pore minimizing something-or-other with SPF 15, though I'm not really sure what's in it. I went through about half a dozen moisturizers since I returned to the States, and that's the only one I've liked so far.

I also love Alpha Hydrox products, but they can be harder to find. They dissolve the top layer of dead skin cells, clearing pores and lessening fine lines. They can cause irritation, however, and you must use sunscreen while using any alpha hydroxy acid product.

I think oily skin turns into a blessing as you get older. Your body produces its own moisturizer, so you don't have to worry as much about anti-aging stuff. :)

Since I've been in the States I've tried Olay Total effects and it really made my skin oily even thought it said it was oil free. So I won't try any more Olay products since I was disappointed with that one.

Then I bought this Revlon age defying makeup with SPF and it says oil free moisture, but after I put it on I feel the same as when I was using Olay, after a bit my skin starts getting oily and after I take my make-up off it's like my pores are clogged.

So I usually wind up not using make-up at all, even though some of my acne is very visible because sometimes I have terrible break outs.

So I've heard that having this type of skin is great, like you said ''Your body produces its own moisturizer, so you don't have to worry as much about anti-aging stuff'' but what I can't get over is the fact that if I'll have the same skin as I used to have when I was 16 with all the damn pimples I could at least look 16, right? :P

Anyway, thanks for all the answers so far :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline