5 posts in this topic

"If you are a derivative applicant (the spouse or unmarried child under 21 years of age of a principal applicant), provide the following information for the principal applicant" 

I am the principal immigrant and there is no derivative applicants, do I leave this blank? 

Also I had my petition sent back to me because theres a theres a brand new i-485 (even though the one I filed on doesn't expire until october, but I'm just gonna send in again with the updated one) 

They sent back my checks and everything and I spoke to them on the phone and they said I was not charged. Is there anything else I need to know about these type of rejection notices? They just said to send it right back the way it is with the new form. 

THANK YOU in advance and thank you to everyone who has already helped me tremendously on this forum 

Leave blank if no derivative applicants.

Always use the current version of forms downloaded from the USCIS website regardless of expiration date. The instructions on USCIS will tell you which edition is currently being accepted.

New I-485 does not require G-325A. It's been incorporated into the I-485.

Current I-485 fee is $1140 + $85 biometrics.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

29 minutes ago, MoaM said:

"If you are a derivative applicant (the spouse or unmarried child under 21 years of age of a principal applicant), provide the following information for the principal applicant" 

I am the principal immigrant and there is no derivative applicants, do I leave this blank? 

Also I had my petition sent back to me because theres a theres a brand new i-485 (even though the one I filed on doesn't expire until october, but I'm just gonna send in again with the updated one) 

They sent back my checks and everything and I spoke to them on the phone and they said I was not charged. Is there anything else I need to know about these type of rejection notices? They just said to send it right back the way it is with the new form. 

THANK YOU in advance and thank you to everyone who has already helped me tremendously on this forum 

Leave derivative applicant in blank this is used for kids that are going through the process with a parent that would be the principal applicant.

I had my package sent back to me because of an outdated form of I-130, I also called and I felt like they didn't know what they were talking about, anyway, I sent everything new, except for the checks and the pictures (I sent the same one that I sent before), all the forms and supporting documents where new.

It was actually good, because I could find some dumb errors that could have caused me a lot of problems (mistype errors and unfilled parts) took me one day to put everything together again, since I originally made 2 packages, one to send and one to keep, exactly the same (I just put copies of the pictures and checks on the package made to be kept). So I knew exactly the order of the documents in the package, all that I did differently was to place the green letter on top of the package.

Right now I'm anxiously waiting for my interview letter and hope that nothing is going wrong, it's been 5 weeks since my package delivery and I already did my biometrics last July 3rd.

Good luck to you!!!

Peace!

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

05/28/2017 - Package Sent

05/30/2017 - Package delivered 

06/09/2017 - Package returned (outdated I-130)

06/12/2017 - New package sent

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/20/2017 - Check cashed

06/21/2017 - e-mails and texts received

06/24/2017 - Notice of action (Acceptance letter) received in the mail.

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

On 7/21/2017 at 9:58 AM, GabiMatch said:

Leave derivative applicant in blank this is used for kids that are going through the process with a parent that would be the principal applicant.

I had my package sent back to me because of an outdated form of I-130, I also called and I felt like they didn't know what they were talking about, anyway, I sent everything new, except for the checks and the pictures (I sent the same one that I sent before), all the forms and supporting documents where new.

It was actually good, because I could find some dumb errors that could have caused me a lot of problems (mistype errors and unfilled parts) took me one day to put everything together again, since I originally made 2 packages, one to send and one to keep, exactly the same (I just put copies of the pictures and checks on the package made to be kept). So I knew exactly the order of the documents in the package, all that I did differently was to place the green letter on top of the package.

Right now I'm anxiously waiting for my interview letter and hope that nothing is going wrong, it's been 5 weeks since my package delivery and I already did my biometrics last July 3rd.

Good luck to you!!!

Peace!

Thank you so much!! Did you include all the i-797's when you resubmitted, and if yes did you put them infront of the form it belonged to or at th e end? Also how long did it take you to get your biometrics appointment? Sounds super quick!! I'm sure nothings wrong with your application, good luck with the rest of the process :)

1 minute ago, MoaM said:

Thank you so much!! Did you include all the i-797's when you resubmitted, and if yes did you put them infront of the form it belonged to or at th e end? Also how long did it take you to get your biometrics appointment? Sounds super quick!! I'm sure nothings wrong with your application, good luck with the rest of the process :)

Hi dear, I didn't include the I-797's I kept the package that they sent me back exactly like they sent me (just took the checks and pictures away) because I plan on bringing it with me to the interview (just in case, who knows)...so the only difference between my first and second package was the green letter that they sent with the package, this one I put on top of my cover letter, it would be the first thing that the person opening the package would see.

Here is my timeline so far...

06/14/2017 - Package delivered

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail. (Appointment to 07/10/2017)

07/03/2017 - Successful walk in and Biometrics done!

Good luck girl!!!

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.