JasonGG

Help Translating Sentences for Dam Hoi

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance and I will get formally engaged and hold our Dam Hoi next month in Vietnam.  We expect about 150 family and guests to attend and they are expecting a speech.  I want to surprise them by saying a few sentences in Vietnamese.  My Vietnamese is not advanced enough to feel competent about my translation and apps don't seem very accurate.  I was hoping some VJ members could assist.  Thanks in advance for your help! - Jason

1) Will you be my wife?  (I understand this is more appropriate in Vietnam than "Will you marry me?"  This isn't for the Dam Hoi, but for when I give her the engagement ring.)

2) Thank you [plural "you" - speaking to everyone] for spending the day with us.

3) I am very grateful for the kindness and support of Trang's family and friends. 

4) Bong [nickname of fiance's daughter], I smile whenever I see you.  I am so proud to be part of your life.

5) Trang, the happiest days of my life began the moment we met.  If I live a thousand lives, I will begin each one searching for you.  I will always love you.  Forever.

Filed: Timeline

This is kind of hard, but did you want it translated to Vietnamese? or something that you can actually read ?

i'm just going to throw it out there, i'm not 100% fluent, but I think i'm good enough.

1) Will you be my wife?  (I understand this is more appropriate in Vietnam than "Will you marry me?"  This isn't for the Dam Hoi, but for when I give her the engagement ring.)

this one is a bit hard, let me ask my wife, since i can directly translated but i don't think it's how they would say it in vietnam. my crack at it would be:

Em lấy anh làm chồng nha ̣- take me as your husband ok?

2) Thank you [plural "you" - speaking to everyone] for spending the day with us.

Cảm ơn ông bả, bắc, chú cô, anh em và bạn đã tời ̣đây hôm nay đễ  ăn ṃột bữa cơm vớị tụi con - Thank you grandparents, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters and friends who have came here today to join us for a meal.

3) I am very grateful for the kindness and support of Trang's family and friends. 

con muốn cảm ơn gia đình và bạn bè cuả Trang ̣̣đã giúp con và uông họ con. - I want to thank trang's family and friends who have helped and supported me.

4) Bong [nickname of fiance's daughter], I smile whenever I see you.  I am so proud to be part of your life.

Bong - lúc nào nhìn thấy con, YourName, rất là vui.  YourName rất là vui ̣đề được ở trong tương lai cuả con - Bong whenever i see you, I'm always very happy.  I'm very happy to be part of your life in the future.

5) Trang, the happiest days of my life began the moment we met.  If I live a thousand lives, I will begin each one searching for you.  I will always love you.  Forever.

Trang, Anh thấy là anh hạnh phúc nhất từ lúc anh mới gặp em.  Nếu anh sông một ngàn kiếp, anh sẽ xống kiếp ̣đó để tìm em.  Anh sẽ em yêu em luôn luôn, mãi mãi - Trang, I felt the most happiness since the first time i've met you.  If i had to live 1000 lives, i would live those lives looking for you.  I will love you forever and ever.

just hope it helps, by the way I asked my wife about your first one so i'll change it here below

Em làm vợ anh nhé - will you be my wife

̣just to make things easier...this might help

M lam Vuh (like Duh) And Neee

Cảm ơn ông bả, bắc, chú cô, anh em và bạn đã tời ̣đây hôm nay đễ  ăn ṃột bữa cơm vớị tụi con - Thank you grandparents, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters and friends who have came here today to join us for a meal.

- Come on on bah, chew ko and M vah band daa thoi day home nigh day?  and moot boo come vuuh (like duuh) to con

i'll try to write more later...

• 2 weeks later...

updated this one

- Come on on bah, chew ko and M vah band daa toy (previously thoi) day home nigh day?  and moot boo come vuuh (like duuh) to con

On 7/20/2017 at 1:45 PM, luukee said:

just hope it helps, by the way I asked my wife about your first one so i'll change it here below

M lam Vuh (like Duh) And Neee

Or you can just say...

Wò ái nị, nị hổng ái wò, wò kêu ông cò bắt nị.

:jest:

con muốn cảm ơn gia đình và bạn bè cuả Trang ̣̣đã giúp con và uông họ con. - I want to thank trang's family and friends who have helped and supported me.

Con moon come on ya den vah bond bair coo Trang daa yup con vah Un ho con.

Bong - lúc nào nhìn thấy con, YourName, rất là vui.  YourName rất là vui ̣đề được ở trong tương lai cuả con - Bong whenever i see you, I'm always very happy.  I'm very happy to be part of your life in the future.

Bong luke now kneen they con  YourName root la voy.  YourName root la voy day duke O chong (like Wong) toon Li (like hi except using L) coo con

Trang, Anh thấy là anh hạnh phúc nhất từ lúc anh mới gặp em.  Nếu anh sông một ngàn kiếp, anh sẽ xống kiếp ̣đó để tìm em.  Anh sẽ yêu em luôn luôn, mãi mãi - Trang, I felt the most happiness since the first time i've met you.  If i had to live 1000 lives, i would live those lives looking for you.  I will love you forever and ever.

Trang, And Thay (like day) la and hand fuke nut too luke and moi gop M.  Nail And song moot naan keep, and share song keep daw day Tim M.  And share eww M loon loon mai mai Trang.

probably the last change I would make, i'm changing all of the "and" to "on" it'll sound more closer to the actually word Anh.

M lam Vuh (like Duh) On nah

- Come on on bah, chew ko and M vah band daa toy day home nigh day?  on moot boo come vuuh (like duuh) to con

Con moon come on ya den vah bond bair coo Trang daa yup con vah Un ho con.

Bong luke now kneen they con  YourName root la voy.  YourName root la voy day duke O chong (like Wong) toon Li (like hi except using L) coo con

Trang, Anh thấy là anh hạnh phúc nhất từ lúc anh mới gặp em.  Nếu anh sông một ngàn kiếp, anh sẽ xống kiếp ̣đó để tìm em.  Anh sẽ yêu em luôn luôn, mãi mãi - Trang, I felt the most happiness since the first time i've met you.  If i had to live 1000 lives, i would live those lives looking for you.  I will love you forever and ever.

Trang, On Thay (like day) la On hand fuke nut too luke On moi gop M.  Nail On song moot naan keep, on share song keep daw day Tim M.  On  share eww M loon loon mai mai Trang.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.