2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey guys. Newbie here. 

Just wanted some opinions on this. I am a venezuelan, and recently got married to a us citizen. I'm kinda young, I'm 24 and he is 28. After we got married, which was about almost a month ago, we decided to create a savings account for us and for our future. It is not meant to be used much since it's savings. But we are planning on putting money in it slowly and save a lot so that when we decide to buy a car or a house in a few years we have some money. Anyways, we dont really have a joint checkings account, but we have been dating for about 6 years and pretty much ever since we met we have been paying for almost everything 50/50. As in, meals and dinners, and clothes and stuff. We also lived together for about 2 years and still everything was 50/50. (When we realized that our rent was becoming too expensive, we moved to his parents' house and that's where we are now) Anyways, for six years I've been always transferring money to him and he's been always transferring money to me. I was thinking that although we dont have a joint CHECKINGS, 6 years of statements showing us transferring money to each other literally every couple of days could be enough evidence along with our savings account that we are not a fraud lol. Just wondering what you guys may think, we of course have other evidence to support our relationship but in terms of finances, we pretty much just have our savings and these potential statements showing our interactions for six years. Could this be enough? We are also college students, so it's not like we have a car or a house or anything like that. My parents pretty much support me for now (since I am an F1 visa and I can't work) and his parents support him while we go to school together. Basically we are not a traditional couple but we love each other very much and have loved each other for years now, and that's why we got married :) Just looking for some opinions on this :)  Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.