Synonym

Adjustment of Status - who is filing what and immigration status?

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 hours ago, Synonym said:

And in form I-765 (I might have asked this question to you before, I just don't understand it completely):

• What is my "eligibility category" (Q.16)?

I really don't understand this. 

I though I was C9: adjustment applicant. But it's says they require a receipt that my I-485 is pending, but that I can also file the form with my I-485.

Then I started wondering if I'm A6: K1 filing within 90 days of entry.

It's confusing! 

Your eligibility category for I-765 - c(9). 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
On 21.7.2017 at 8:41 AM, Ksenia_O said:

Your eligibility category for I-765 - c(9). 

Thank you, that makes sense :) 

Under I have attached a pic from the I-485, question 1: do I answer yes since I applied for a K1 visa, or is this something else? I've only ever applied to a student usa to the US before the K1.

IMG_9649.PNG

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Synonym said:

Thank you, that makes sense :) 

Under I have attached a pic from the I-485, question 1: do I answer yes since I applied for a K1 visa, or is this something else? I've only ever applied to a student usa to the US before the K1.

IMG_9649.PNG

The answer should be "no" since the K-1 and student aren't  immigrant visas, and you do not receive permanent resident status by getting a K-1  or student visa This is if you have NEVER filed for an immigrant visa before the K-1, that is. :) 

Timeline
On 24.7.2017 at 11:37 AM, Ksenia_O said:

The answer should be "no" since the K-1 and student aren't  immigrant visas, and you do not receive permanent resident status by getting a K-1  or student visa This is if you have NEVER filed for an immigrant visa before the K-1, that is. :) 

Thank you, that was helpful :) I'm about to send in documents today or tomorrow, but how do we do it with payment?

Do I attach a check with the payment only for I-485 and the biometrics fee ($1140+$85) and not payment for I-131, I-864 and I-765 since these are all sent together?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Synonym said:

Thank you, that was helpful :) I'm about to send in documents today or tomorrow, but how do we do it with payment?

Do I attach a check with the payment only for I-485 and the biometrics fee ($1140+$85) and not payment for I-131, I-864 and I-765 since these are all sent together?

I found this now: "place all the checks on the top application if multiple applications are filed". Does that mean that I make one check for I-485 ($1140) and one for the biometrics ($85) and put them only on the i-485?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Synonym said:

I'm glad you are almost ready to send your package in :):)

Yep, just one check, with one payment, total of $1225.00. No fee(s) for submitting I-765&I-131 along with I-485. Or after  - if you submitted just I-485, and later decided to file for I-765/I131.

P.S. I would write "I-485 filing & biomteric fees" in memo part of the check.

Timeline
Just now, Ksenia_O said:

I'm glad you are almost ready to send your package in :):)

Yep, just one check, with one payment, total of $1225.00. No fee(s) for submitting I-765&I-131 along with I-485. Or after  - if you submitted just I-485, and later decided to file for I-765/I131.

P.S. I would write "I-485 filing & biomteric fees" in memo part of the check.

Thank you, this is great! I was a little afraid that I had to pay for each application.. phew 😅

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Synonym said:

I found this now: "place all the checks on the top application if multiple applications are filed". Does that mean that I make one check for I-485 ($1140) and one for the biometrics ($85) and put them only on the i-485?

Never heard of that to be honest.... I jut filed my I-751 back in June, with multiple fees - filing fee + 2 biometric fees (for my son  and I). I attached just ONE check. The same was with I-485.. 

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Synonym said:

Thank you, this is great! I was a little afraid that I had to pay for each application.. phew 😅

You are very welcome!!! :)

Good luck and I wish you a  smooth immigration journey!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.