Peot

Photos for interview / medical?

7 posts in this topic

Funny enough, there wasn't any solid info on this anywhere, or maybe I'm just overthinking it since making copies is easy (though it can get expensive).

1. The packet 4 info says I need a whopping 4 "recent photographs" for the medical for some reason. Do these need to be identical visa-style photos, or just "recent photos" as it says?
  2. If these are visa photos, can we expect to get these photos back from medical for use at the consulate interview, or do we need to take another 2 photos?
  3. I do have a digital copy of a visa photo that was made, but I wonder if printing that on photo paper would be "good enough"? Should these be printed and sized by a pro at the photo lab?

So I guess my real question is... can I simply print out the visa photo I already have, 6 times and call it a day (cut to 2"x2")? 

Since you are required to provide a "passport style" photo on the DS-160 as well, I'm surprised this kind of information isn't just exchanged and used. What's the need for all of these photos?!

Including my RFE, I have had to take a half dozen visa photos already, and now might need to take another half dozen in one sitting... haha

ping?

Still wondering. 

I imagine that, as I stated, it can be the same photo cut to spec 6 times. 

2 for the medical examiner, 2 for the radiologist (or something), 2 for the consulate. 

All US passport sized

Is this correct?

With my local embassy and clinic, they each require 3 and 4 US passport sized photos respectively. I pretty much just got 8 printed last weekend :jest: Unless you know exactly how to measure to get the correct composition of the 2" x 2", I would suggest you to go to a photo counter and have them print and cut the photos for you.

Btw, we need more photos in the AOS process too! Such a pain.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Just now, KULtoATL said:

With my local embassy and clinic, they each require 3 and 4 US passport sized photos respectively. I pretty much just got 8 printed last weekend :jest: Unless you know exactly how to measure to get the correct composition of the 2" x 2", I would suggest you to go to a photo counter and have them print and cut the photos for you.

Btw, we need more photos in the AOS process too! Such a pain.

Perfect. I can get 2 done for $11 here, so $33 to get 6 cut perfect (with digital copy) is a good deal. I won't risk my measurement skills.

Do you happen to know a rough estimate of what "recent" is? 6 months validity? 30 days? USCIS was 30 days.

I think their definition of recent is within the last 6 months :D

Your photos or digital images must be:

• In color
  • Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image's total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
  • Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Just now, KULtoATL said:

I think their definition of recent is within the last 6 months :D

Well it certainly won't (and can't) be that long anyway! I was just making sure it's not within 30 days, so I can go do that now....

Either way, the photos likely won't be dated. No way for them to know they weren't taken 30 days ago.

Here's the info: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

Your photos or digital images must be:

• In color
  • Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image's total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
  • Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.