TriloByte

UK: K-1: Remaining Steps?

4 posts in this topic

If there is a UK thread somewhere I missed it. :) 

NVC received finally. so now is the time to ask my UK question. I'm hoping that someone, UK beneficiary, who has recently been through the entire process after NVC received up to approval, can provide me a rough step by step (in order), what needs to be done after NVC receive.

Thanks

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

BTW, reading everything here. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/

We have all of the paperwork collected, etc. It's more of a timing question at this point. Like when to do medical, filling out to DS160, schedule the interview, pay the fees, etc. I want to make sure things are done in the right order to prevent any delays.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, TriloByte said:

BTW, reading everything here. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/

We have all of the paperwork collected, etc. It's more of a timing question at this point. Like when to do medical, filling out to DS160, schedule the interview, pay the fees, etc. I want to make sure things are done in the right order to prevent any delays.

It says:

"If you have been notified that the petition has been approved and you have received the Notice of Action, Form I-797, and NVC has advised you that your application has been transferred to the Embassy in London for processing, you are required to complete the following 5 steps to prepare for your immigrant visa interview." (NVC advises you by letter. London also sends a letter to the beneficiary saying they are ready for you to apply. So you are waiting on a letter.)

Then.....

Do the five steps they list in order on the APPLYING FOR THE VISA link.  Do as fast or slow as you can accomplish them. The ball is in your court once your case gets to London.  Read all the links and FAQs on the embassy website

There re is a whole UK forum on Visa Journey.  Scroll down the forum list until you find Regional forums.

7 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

It says:

"If you have been notified that the petition has been approved and you have received the Notice of Action, Form I-797, and NVC has advised you that your application has been transferred to the Embassy in London for processing, you are required to complete the following 5 steps to prepare for your immigrant visa interview." (NVC advises you by letter. London also sends a letter to the beneficiary saying they are ready for you to apply. So you are waiting on a letter.)

Then.....

Do the five steps they list in order on the APPLYING FOR THE VISA link.  Do as fast or slow as you can accomplish them. The ball is in your court once your case gets to London.  Read all the links and FAQs on the embassy website

There re is a whole UK forum on Visa Journey.  Scroll down the forum list until you find Regional forums.

Thank you on the UK forum part, missed that.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.