35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 hours ago, nmr said:

My fiance just finished his interview.

Congrats, nmr!! I can't say I'm not jealous that you guys were able to get an interview so quick... we still have another 3 weeks of waiting. But I'm so happy for you guys and certainly hope that everything comes back faster than 10 days!

Thanks so much for posting and providing some details. You have no idea how much this helps! 

I wish you both all the happiness in the world!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10 August 2017 at 3:48 PM, okaygrave said:

Hey everyone!

This is probably a big shot in the dark, but we got back our Visa interview date and it's six weeks out :(

We handed in our notice of readiness on the 25th Aug before we had the results from the medical, because we saw the embassy was lagging so much for you guys :-(

Then to our surprise my fiancé was given a date only 2 and a half weeks out!

My fiancé actually sent a lovely email to the embassy asking if we could exchange dates with someone from a week later (we had perhaps you okgrave in mind, since the embassy would see how late an appointment they gave you), but the embassy only sent us back this curt reply:

Dear Sir,

Please keep your original scheduled date.

Regards,
Visa Unit

Thankfully we were able to get our results from the medical this week, and are now all set for it :-)

It would seem that the embassy has zero flexibility in regards to scheduling interviews, very important to keep in mind when sending your Notice of Readiness :-P

Timeline
6 hours ago, US <3 IND said:

Thankfully we were able to get our results from the medical this week, and are now all set for it :-)

US <3 IND!! Congrats on the interview date and getting everything back! 

That's really sweet about asking to switch dates, but ya.. no chance haha. When we went through the portal to pay for the visa and everything else, our date wasn't even available so we had to email the Embassy and were a little like "can we have one of these dates instead?" and their response was "your date is now available, only register for this date." So.. it'll all work out.

I wish you both the best of luck on the upcoming interview! Any feedback regarding questions and when ya'll get your visa back in hand would be greatly appreciated as well ;)

Timeline

Hey everyone- 

My fiance's interview was on August 29th and he had the approved visa delivered by courier on September 1st to his house. 

People who are getting the medical results after sending in the noice of readiness should keep in mind that the notice of readiness is a signed document saying that you have everything together, so your foreign fiance is knowingly lying on the record to the US government in a way that is 100% traceable.  Perhaps I am paranoid because I am a lawyer, but in my opinion it is not worth it to take the risk because one of these days they may make a huge deal of it and deny the person's visa altogether or give the visa application more scrutiny based on the false statement.   

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Our interview is finally right around the corner on the 19th! I did have a question if anyone has any idea on answering this:

For the Passport Photos, my fiance got his done at a pharmacy and technically the picture itself is in the right 2x2 inch format, however, the printed piece of paper is bigger than 2x2 inches (just a giant white border around it). When we asked if the pharmacy would cut the photo the appropriate 2x2 inch size (removing the white border), they told us that they were no longer allowed to cut the borders off and whoever processes the passport/visa does that. When we submitted the Medical Exam's photos, this wasn't a problem and they said they would cut them.

Did anyone else have the white border/uncut version of the passport photo - was it a problem? Should we cut it ourselves? (I'm just assuming that if the pharmacy isn't allowed, we shouldn't be messing with it either but I don't know how strict the embassy would be on something like that.)

Thanks so much for anyone that can provide some tips or advice on this!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.