ferreira_family

mother approved i-130 but father hasn't got anything in mail yet

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

On December 27, 2016, we received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number Y**********, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by January 26, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

that is my father status now but my mother's has ALREADY BEEN SENT TO NVC! why hasn't my father got approved yet 

Thank you for your interest in immigrating to the United States of America. As you know, the Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC) received your approved immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC's role is to ensure you are prepared for your immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy overseas, and to schedule your interview appointment.

NVC is responsible for collecting any applicable fees, the Immigrant Visa Application, supporting civil documents, Affidavits of Support, and financial documents prior to your visa interview at a U.S. Embassy overseas. Please ignore any instructions you received in the past that asked you to mail these documents to NVC. Those instructions are out of date.

We are now collecting and reviewing these items electronically through the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at http://ceac.state.gov.

You will need to log onto CEAC to pay fees, upload and submit documents, read messages from NVC, and check your case status. You can log into CEAC using the following unique NVC case number and Invoice Identification Number:

NVC Case Number *
Invoice ID Number:    

You should keep this information available in a safe place as you will need it every time you log onto CEAC. Please keep in mind that you must use CEAC to provide NVC with the fees and documents that are required prior to your immigrant visa interview. We no longer accept these by mail.

To begin processing your immigrant visa application, please take the following steps:

1. Pay the Immigrant Visa Application fee and Affidavit of Support fee through CEAC
  2. Submit your visa application form through CEAC
  3. Collect the required financial documents and civil documents
  4. Scan and upload all of these documents to your CEAC account

You can find detailed instructions and frequently asked questions at http://nvc.state.gov/ask. NVC may send questions, instructions, and status updates to your CEAC account. If we do this you will receive an email asking you to log into your CEAC account to review a message from NVC.

IMPORTANT: If you do not log into CEAC or communicate with NVC regarding this immigrant visa case for a period of one year, by law the Department of State must terminate your visa application.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State
http://nvc.state.gov/ask

Nobody can tell you why one has been approved and one hasn't. Each petition is treated individually and two envelopes that arrived on the same FedEx truck at USCIS for processing on the same day may be approved months apart. 

You have two options. Your mother continues with NVC processing and interview and potentially arrives without your dad or you delay your mother's case at the NVC and wait for your father's case to catch up if they want to stay together. Remember that the immigrant must arrive before the visa expiration date (6 months from medical exam) so it's possible that if your mother ploughs on with her application she may have to leave your father behind if he is delayed by months. So for that reason you might want to pause her case now and wait for your father's approval. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, JFH said:

Nobody can tell you why one has been approved and one hasn't. Each petition is treated individually and two envelopes that arrived on the same FedEx truck at USCIS for processing on the same day may be approved months apart. 

You have two options. Your mother continues with NVC processing and interview and potentially arrives without your dad or you delay your mother's case at the NVC and wait for your father's case to catch up if they want to stay together. Remember that the immigrant must arrive before the visa expiration date (6 months from medical exam) so it's possible that if your mother ploughs on with her application she may have to leave your father behind if he is delayed by months. So for that reason you might want to pause her case now and wait for your father's approval. 

yeah i did send them on the same day in same envelope. It sucks that they do treat them both different but it's what they have to do what they need to each person. 

i will def tell my mother to wait to see what happens because in the email says we have a year to file for the visa after that then we have to start the whole thing over. 

last time i called they said they was still in october cases which i didn't get why my mother got approved and my father didn't. 

and they told me to call in 2 months from the day i called i have 1 month to go to find out what's going on if i don't hear back.

DO you think that they will approve him? He has no criminal record or anything and my parents been married 33 years.

• 6 months later...

Hey Ferreira, 

I just read your post and wondering if your father ever got approved and how long did it take? I also submitted i130 for both of my parents on May 18th 2017. On  November 30th, I received a RFE. They needed the original copy of my foreign birth certificate, as it seemed that I only sent the English certified translation. I also needed to prove father/child relationship. I sent papers from my school indicating that he took responsibility of me and was financially supporting me by paying my private school's tuition fees. I also send them some photos of me and my family. I have been so sad and depressed lately 😢 waiting for a response from USCIS. 

After about 2 weeks of my response to their RFE they updated my mother's case online indicating that they have received my mother's RFE. My dad's status didn't change and I thought it wasn't important as they are being processed at the same time. So i called USCIS today and they told me that my parents cases are being processed separately. I felt bummed and even more sad. 

I just need some insight on this matter and has anyone else gone through it. Thank you in advance 😊

• 1 year later...

I am in similar situation. I sent both applications at the same time (in two different packages) via certified USPS mail, and when I received application receipt their priority dates are one day apart :( 

Father I-130 PD: 29 Oct 2018

Mother I-130 PD: 30 Oct 2018

Father I-130 Approval: 22 May 2019 

Father case sent to NVC by USCIS: 30 May 2019

Received email from NVC about notice of immigrant visa case creation: 24 Jun 2019 

(the email also states that- If you do not log into CEAC or communicate with NVC regarding this immigrant visa case for a period of one year, by law the Department of State must terminate your visa application.)

So far no update on mother's I-130 case. Besides the USCIS processing date for inquiry is still August 29 2018, so I have another 2 months at least before I could do a follow up with USCIS regarding my mother's case. Does anyone have any suggestions?

On 6/27/2019 at 7:44 PM, telesync said:

I am in similar situation. I sent both applications at the same time (in two different packages) via certified USPS mail, and when I received application receipt their priority dates are one day apart :( 

Father I-130 PD: 29 Oct 2018

Mother I-130 PD: 30 Oct 2018

Father I-130 Approval: 22 May 2019 

Father case sent to NVC by USCIS: 30 May 2019

Received email from NVC about notice of immigrant visa case creation: 24 Jun 2019 

(the email also states that- If you do not log into CEAC or communicate with NVC regarding this immigrant visa case for a period of one year, by law the Department of State must terminate your visa application.)

So far no update on mother's I-130 case. Besides the USCIS processing date for inquiry is still August 29 2018, so I have another 2 months at least before I could do a follow up with USCIS regarding my mother's case. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think it is safe to say to stay put for two months. If there's no update by then, follow up with your mom's case but definitely push through you father's process. I'm currently processing my parents' petition. This would be my approach when the time comes and their case is not processed the same time.

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview 

|| 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

**ROC** (pending)  07-26-2017 : I-751 sent || 07-31-2017 : NOA1 || 09-05-2017 : Biometrics || 08-09-2018 : Case transferred to local office || 12-18-2018 : Card in production || 12-26-18 : received GC --

**AOS/EAD/AP** 02-20-2015 : AOS filed || 02-24-2015 : NOA1 || 03-19-2015 : Biometrics || 04-30-2015 : EAD&AP approved || 05-05-2015 : EAD&AP received || 09-25-2015 : Conditional GC approved || 10-02-2015 : GC received --

**K-1** 08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent || 08-14-2014 : NOA1 || 09-03-2014 : NOA2 || 09-10-2014 : Petition transferred from USCIS to NVC || 09-18-2014 : NVC received || 09-24-2014 : US Embassy MNL received our case || 10-14-2014 : Medical Exam done! || 10-23-2014 : Interview || 10-31-2014 : Passport & Visa on hand --

Update to my previous comment regarding separate PDs. I got notification on Jul 5 that my mother’s I 130 is approved. So even though my parents PD were 1 day apart, 130 approvals were about 6 weeks apart. So another month for case creation at NVC. I have started working on collecting documents for consular processing.  

Edited by telesync

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.