BELTRE519

Inextensa or Extensa and AOS

14 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

I just got married in DR in May. I'm trying to do my HW in making sure I have everything I need to start the proceed to bring my husband to the states. I have the following questions hopefully you guys can shed some light. Thank you 😊 

Does our marriage license, Birth certificate and Divorce documents have to be INEXTENSA OR EXTENSA? I know they have to be translated to English 

I helped my sister as a sponsor doing an AOS for her husband will this affect my application? 

I will greatly appreciate your feedback or response! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi Beltre,

As long as the certificates has location, dates, names and a signature from an official then it's good. For example my marriage license from Ecuador has me and my husband name, his parents names, location where marriage took place and when. 

Also I don't think being a sponsor for someone will affect your case, as long as you make sufficient income to support your husband but don't quote me on that though. Maybe another VJ member can help with that part.

Married: 02/06/2017

I-130 Submit: 05/15/2017

NOA1 (PD): 05/17/2017

NOA2: 11/04/2017

NOA2 by mail: 11/08/2017

USCIS sent to NVC: 11/16/2017

NVC received I-130: 11/30/2017

Received IV & AOS invoice: 12/05/2017

Paid IV & AOS invoice: 12/06/2017

Submit DS-260: 12/14/2017

Submit IV & AOS Packet: 12/14/2017

NVC SD1: 12/20/2017

Checklist: 02/02/2018

Submit Checklist Docs: 02/05/2018

NVC SD2: 02/09/2018

CC: 03/06/2018

Interview: 05/09/2018 ^_^

APPROVED!!!

Thank you for your response. My marriage license indicates all the information you stated. I checked the chart and I make enough for a family of 3 which is myself and my 2 children 

17 minutes ago, BELTRE519 said:

Thank you for your response. My marriage license indicates all the information you stated. I checked the chart and I make enough for a family of 3 which is myself and my 2 children 

Beltre519, 

All official documents need to be translated from Spanish to English and Apostille.

You want the long version for BC.

Your household is actually 4, you need to include your husband. But if you did a joint sponsor for your sister, you may have to add her and her husband, i am not sure, hopefully someone can give you a definite answer on that

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

4 hours ago, jan22 said:

The birth certificate needs to be an Actaa Inextensa.   For requirements see:  https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/DR.html.

Thank you 😊 all the documents I have are Inextensa. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
On 6/7/2017 at 9:28 PM, BELTRE519 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I just got married in DR in May. I'm trying to do my HW in making sure I have everything I need to start the proceed to bring my husband to the states. I have the following questions hopefully you guys can shed some light. Thank you 😊 

Does our marriage license, Birth certificate and Divorce documents have to be INEXTENSA OR EXTENSA? I know they have to be translated to English 

I helped my sister as a sponsor doing an AOS for her husband will this affect my application? 

I will greatly appreciate your feedback or response! :)

You need the long form, I married a Dominican man in 2013, if you make $20k a year your can be a sponsor and I think its 4 people as long as you have the income.

18 hours ago, Theresa Famiia said:

You need the long form, I married a Dominican man in 2013, if you make $20k a year your can be a sponsor and I think its 4 people as long as you have the income.

Thank you! I make around 47k so I guess I'm good 😊 

On 6/7/2017 at 11:17 PM, Mary Lou said:

Beltre519, 

All official documents need to be translated from Spanish to English and Apostille.

You want the long version for BC.

Your household is actually 4, you need to include your husband. But if you did a joint sponsor for your sister, you may have to add her and her husband, i am not sure, hopefully someone can give you a definite answer on that

I have a question.
Where in the official USCIS language does it say that the documents need to be be Apostilled?

1 hour ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

I have a question.
Where in the official USCIS language does it say that the documents need to be be Apostilled?

That was one of the requirements of our documents to marry in the DR. So were you not required to Apostille any documents for marriage?

Dominican Consulate in Chicago also told me our documents needed to be translated and Apostilled.

That is why i said that.

Edited by Mary Lou

Yes you need to have all of your official documents Apostilled when you are trying to get married in the Dominican.
The OP said that he has already been married, and asking for advice as to what papers he needs for the I-130 petition.
In this particular case.. No Apostilles are needed for the USCIS.

I just dont want anyone to panic thinking they actually need their marriage certificate to be Apostilled for the petition.

Meanwhile , they are sitting around waiting for an RFE instead of readying themselves for the NVC stage.

3 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

I have a question.

3 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

I have a question.

Thank you for your input I greatly appreciate it. So much to learn and familiarize yourself to make everything is in order 

2 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Yes you need to have all of your official documents Apostilled when you are trying to get married in the Dominican.
The OP said that he has already been married, and asking for advice as to what papers he needs for the I-130 petition.
In this particular case.. No Apostilles are needed for the USCIS.

I just dont want anyone to panic thinking they actually need their marriage certificate to be Apostilled for the petition.

Meanwhile , they are sitting around waiting for an RFE instead of readying themselves for the NVC stage.

Oh yes I understand now what you mean. I guess I wasn't reading it like that. I sent a copy of the original, translation, and apostille with the I130. That's just what I chose to do since they were all together, but you are correct, it's not required

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.