6 posts in this topic

So, my fiance got his Police Certificate in the mail today. It has one incident on a it...a caution for damage to private property over four years ago. He knew about it, but wasn't sure it would be on there since it was a really minor thing and they had told him it would drop off his record in three years. It still seems to be on the police certificate though, and I am wondering, should I be worried? Will they pay this much heed? He wasn't charged or arrested or anything, but I am worried it may slow down the process or something...

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Yeah, I know. The computer I'm on is kind of buggy and I couldn't figure out how to delete the double post after the fact.

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Good luck I am sure you will be fine. If you find time,maybe you can write us all how it went on VJ... so that we all get an idea what is ahead of us. All the best.

Darn my mad this meant to go somewhere else lol

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

He must have been arrested and charged otherwise it would not appear on his police cert,but if you say that is his only crime then you don't seem to have much to worry about,but at all times be honest and don't try to keep this from them when you go to interview,trust me honesty is always the best option.

Edited by KTMMAN(non compus mentis)

Hoo theer marra waat sek fettle?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
So, my fiance got his Police Certificate in the mail today. It has one incident on a it...a caution for damage to private property over four years ago. He knew about it, but wasn't sure it would be on there since it was a really minor thing and they had told him it would drop off his record in three years. It still seems to be on the police certificate though, and I am wondering, should I be worried? Will they pay this much heed? He wasn't charged or arrested or anything, but I am worried it may slow down the process or something...

A UK caution means he was arrested and admitted being guilty of some aspect of the crime he was charged with, so immigration may treat a caution as a conviction. However, criminal damage to private property is not considered a CiMT:

c. Crimes against property which do not fall within the definition of moral turpitude include:

(1) Damaging private property (where intent to damage not required);

(2) Breaking and entering (requiring no specific or implicit intent to commit a crime involving moral turpitude);

(3) Passing bad checks (where intent to defraud not required);

(4) Possessing stolen property (if guilty knowledge is not essential);

(5) Joy riding (where the intention to take permanently not required); and

(6) Juvenile delinquency

http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940021aN.pdf

It shouldn't cause you any problems or slow downs at all since it's not a CiMT, there's only one offense on his record, and it didn't result in a conviction. He'll be fine. :)

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.