13 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say that I received my 'Good to go for Consular processing' at the 26 May 2017 after 65 calendar days.

I have been searching for this information on the net, as my status at the online status check website says 'At NVC' and does not change.

As far as I understand, all cases are processed in order (except for document requests), so the backlog should be 65 days. However,
there has not been a '60 days letter'. The letter attached to the email explains that (after the priority date is current) the 

NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified. Most appointments are set within three months of NVC’s receipt of all requested documentation.

I am not sure whether they can organise the interview date within the three months period. Any one with experience regarding the London Embassy?

1 hour ago, Springrain22 said:

So it took you 65 days from the date NVC received your documents til the case complete, is it true? 65 days is 9 weeks.

The case is in NOT complete. It took me 9 weeks to get a message from the NVC that my case is now scheduled to be passed on for the interview at London embassy. The interview hasn't been scheduled yet, my status still states 'At NVC' and not 'in transit'.

Edited by RobertP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just now, RobertP said:

Agreed, I mis-stated the number of weeks. But, the case is in NOT complete. It took me 9 weeks to get a message from the NVC that my case is now scheduled to be passed on for the interview at London embassy. The interview hasn't been scheduled yet, my status still states 'At NVC' and not 'in transit'.

I think that you can consider it as a case complete thing, they will schedule your interview as soon as they hear from the embassy. 

1 hour ago, Oliva said:

Even they told me for 9weeks to approve case ,but after IV package received date how long it will take time to approve case ,this 9 weeks will include after iv package sent or other I am confused 

Dear Olivia, I do not know what an IV package is. But I am counting from the date at which they acknowledge to have received all documents. The date at which all documents were received was 22 March 2017

5 minutes ago, Springrain22 said:

I think that you can consider it as a case complete thing, they will schedule your interview as soon as they hear from the embassy. 

And how long will that take? How far is the interview date away? When do I have my visa?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, RobertP said:

And how long will that take? How far is the interview date away? When do I have my visa?

Nobody knows. It may be a month or two or three. They claim that interviews will be scheduled within 3 months, and usually it happens sooner than 3 months.

2 hours ago, Springrain22 said:

Nobody knows. It may be a month or two or three. They claim that interviews will be scheduled within 3 months, and usually it happens sooner than 3 months.

As I quoted above they claim 3 months in total. So it would be nice to hear somebody's recent experience.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, RobertP said:

As I quoted above they claim 3 months in total. So it would be nice to hear somebody's recent experience.

What do you mean by total? From what date? AFAIK it is from the date when case is complete and ready to be scheduled for the interview. It may take up to 3 months but most people get it within 1 month or so. Look at the processing times here on VJ.

17 hours ago, Springrain22 said:

What do you mean by total? From what date? AFAIK it is from the date when case is complete and ready to be scheduled for the interview. It may take up to 3 months but most people get it within 1 month or so. Look at the processing times here on VJ.

I mean my original quote of the letter from the NVC:

Most appointments are set within three months of NVC’s receipt of all requested documentation.

The documentation was received on 22 March 2017

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.