3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am currently preparing my application for removing conditions on my green card. I have a few concerns and I am not sure if I am just worrying over nothing or its something to be discussed with a lawyer. Husband (citizen) and I (applicant) decided not to use a lawyer and try to assemble everything ourselves. 

1. I entered on CR-1 visa on Sep. 14, 2015 and I stayed with my husband and his roommate at their leased home for 4 days until we moved to our curent appartment on Sep. 19. I did not list my husband' s adress on uscis forms or as an adress where to mail green card, because I was only there for 4 days, until our joint lease started. Now, question. On the form i751 there is a question "have you resided at any other addess", i was going to say no, but then I remembered about that first place where i stayed for 4 days. Is that really worth listing since I was not on the lease and was temporarly there? Also, I was worried because I never reported that first adress to uscis as my place of residence, should I have done that?

2. I was going to include our cell phone records as evidence. It only has husband as a payor,  but both of our numbers are on the statements. When we printed the statements for the past 2 years,  we saw that he still had his old address listed, he never updated his address! Idk if I should include it,would it count against us since it doesnt show our current joint address on the bills?

3. Husband's father wrote an affidavit confirming the validity of our marriage, but he did not put his addrss or DOB on the affidavit. Can we still use it? We don't want to make him go through the trouble all over again.

3. Not sure if we have enough evidence.

We obtained the following:

1. Joint lease for 2015-current days.

2. Joint tax transcripts from IRS for 2014, 15 and 16

3. Joint tax returns for the same years

4. Auto insurance declaration for 2016 and 17 (i only started driving in 2016)

5. Joint checking acct statements for 2014-2016

6. Joint savings statements from 2016 to present

7. Credit card statements from 2016 (inception) to present

8. Energy and internet bills - both in husband's name, addessed to our residency

8. 2 affidavits from friends 

9. 3 separate travel itineraries for vacations we took together

10. 25 photos of us together with friends and family members throughout the span of marriage

11. A few greeting cards from Husband's mom addressed to us both

12. Life insurance printout where we name each other beneficiaries

13. Gym membership listing both of us as a couple membership

14. Husbands 401k printout where he names me as a beneficiary

Apologies for the lenghy post. I wish all of the members fast and painless approvals!

FB

For inquiry 1. You don't have to include that address since you just stayed there for 4 days and you did not include it as well on you application.

For inquiry 2. For the cellphone statement. you can still print out the billing statement and make a letter explaining why the address on the billing statement is still old and make sure you have proof that both of you pays the bill.

For Inquiry 3. Based on the instruction of the form I-751, the person who will sworn and attest about your marriage should include the address, cellphone number, birthday and complete name, meaning its required.

Based on your list of evidence, you had enough just make sure all evidences covers the entire 2 years of marriage because that's what the IO will look for it.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Lemon23

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.