passionateomar

application status is undergoing the administrative procedure

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
so i just have another issue that i read some things about it .as for me i have been waiting for a call after passing the interview for 8 months.and no call nothing.so when we email us consulate or when my fiance calls NVC they tell her about stillpending and not yet processingly finished.so my questions is do they find out a hit in my petition .in the time the us consular officer told me about 2 days after the interview to call on me .and now it's 8months and nothing.so is this long time of waiting a hit against my application? No one can tell you for sure if you had a name hit or something in a background check came back as questionable. I know males from the embassy my husband came from the average AR/AP time is 6 months or longer. If you have traveled extensively, your job or schooling could also be a reason for your checks taking so long.

and in case i get a call is it definately a call for getting a visa or if it may be a call saying that my visa is denied under section 214 b.

Section 214( B) is part of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It states:

Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status...

so i hope that u can explain to mein experience and in knowledge please.thank u very much ...

Getting a call back can be for them to ajudicate the visa, if you have had a name hit they can ask for 10 fingerprints to send to DC to clear the name hit or they can in the worst case scenerio deny the visa and tell you it will come back to the US for NOIR/NOID. I suggest that you contact DOS via phone or the embassy via email and ask for a status update. AP is a dark hole and no information is shared so pray for patience and strength and may you have some answers soon.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi there friends.this is the recent news about my administrative processing .

i got a call from us consualte asking me for more additional information.like police record :biometeric certificate taken from the court .writing the names .dates and places of birth of my siblings.and if i have traveled outside morocco.

so i don't know if they wanna take doubts about me and also i don't know how long it will take to give a call for a final decision.so i wonder if that additional information that i will take to us consulate will be just in the consulate or will be sent to us department...so i would like to know if someone experienced this before how long it will take to get a call from them.

the recent call i got shows me that they are working on it .and what are the needed documents to make marriage to ur fiance in usa .and if someone knows about the questions asked by the airport officer....

i hope to hear from u soon and thanks in advence.good luck to all...and wish the best of life and happiness for all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.