kellyh

Guidance on how to reschedule interview date for CR1

86 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, skyzee said:

Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else uses this thread as a reference which I did (thank you very much OP!)

After e-mailing the AIS people, they did confirm to me that the only way to reschedule my appointment would be to miss my original appointment and then reschedule on the AIS website, which I ended up doing. The day after I missed my appointment, I was able to reschedule - however; as many experienced here, there were no dates available. Only today did the calendar open up with 3 dates in November (no dates in October), which I've now booked. I had no troubles with booking my appointment with the old interview letter with Medisys at Montreal which is where I'll be doing my medical 3 business days before my interview. 

image.thumb.png.86a890d3424915a9bfed04df2cadf7b2.png

So to summarize, here's my timeline:

IR1 Visa

Original interview: Sept 4, 2018

Dates starting showing up on calendar: Sept 14, 2018

Rebooked interview date: Nov 28, 2018

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your upcoming interview !

((My interview was Nov 28, 2017.

It was my first time in Montreal... it was freeezing COLD!!! ))

09-Jul-2016 ✳ Married in Canada !  ♥ ❣ 💒

USCIS   

06-Sep-2016  I-130 sent to Arizona Lockbox

13-Sep-2016  Email "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation" , Check cashed

18-Sep-2016  NOA1, hardcopy received [PD 08-Sep-2016]

Case accepted, routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
20-Sep-2016
  USCIS shows "Case Was Received"

22-Mar-2017  USCIS shows "Case Approved"

30-Mar-2017  NOA2, hardcopy received [193 days from NOA1 to NOA 2] 

30-Mar-2017  USCIS shows ''Case sent to Department of State

NVC & Embassy

01-Apr-2017  NVC rec'd case

06-Apr-2017  NVC case # assigned, email added  [7 days from NOA2 to Case Number assigned] 

10-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC IIN assigned, DS-261 & AOS Unlocked, DS-261 submitted & AOS Fee paid online

12-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC Welcome email received

18-Apr-2017 ✳ IV Fee Unlocked, Fee paid online

20-Apr-2017 ✳ DS-260 Unlocked   

30-Apr-2017  DS-260 submitted

11-May-2017  AOS & IV Pkg Submitted via email

👍 N/A  Scan Date     👍 N/A  Case completed

16-May-2017  Called to inquire, informed Case Completed! [40 days from Case Number assigned to Case Complete] 

18-May-2017  Official Interview Appointment letter received via email for June 27, 2017     

282 Days from NOA1 to Interview (9 months 9 days) 

18-May-2017  CEAC shows case at NVC   19-May-2017  CEAC shows case in TRANSIT   23-May-2017  CEAC shows case is READY

23-Aug-2017  Y  웃유  G I R L  ヅ 👶 👧 🚺 

28-Nov-2017 ✳ New interview date

Embassy

20-Nov-2017  Medical at Surrey, BC

28-Nov-2017 ✳ Interview at Montreal Consulate  APPROVED:dancing:

07-Dec-2017  CEAC case update to AP   CEAC Case Last updated:  11-Dec-2017 ; 26-Jan-2018 ; 31-Jan-2018

05-Feb-2018  Visa in hand   63 Days in AP

06-Feb-2018  Immigration fee paid online
27-Feb-2018 ✳ POE

07-Mar-2018  SSN received

13-Apr-2018 ✳ Green Card in hand

00-???-201? ✳ Adjustment of Status

Wiki on NVC Process     -     Wiki for Canadian Spouses for NVC

Personal Checklist - MTL-NVC to Interview Process  - Thx JessieABC for sharing!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, kellyh said:

How coincidental! I don't doubt the frigidness, I'm really not looking forward to it especially since I'm coming from Florida after 5 months of a hot hot hot summer :O

Thank you for your well wishes, and thank you also for sharing as much as you did about your experience. It was very helpful and gave me some reassurance of skipping the interview, even though the anxiety of doing so never really went away completely. Just glad it worked out.

• 1 month later...
Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/15/2018 at 2:54 AM, kellyh said:

Nice. You got a new appointment. I keep on checking at AIS site, no schedule opens up yet. 

Timeline
On 5/14/2018 at 2:25 AM, kellyh said:

Hi @hfarnaz,

rescheduling was easy, it's all done online through the site: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ .

Once the original appointment has been missed, you'll be able to reschedule. After log-in you'll see a calendar with some available dates. 

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if I had a long wait. please clarify.

I've completed POE, green card received last month and baby is doing great :) Thank you!

I hope was able to answer part of your question. If you can clarify what you mean, I'll try my best to provide further details.

Hi @kellyh. Thank you for creating this post. I am in the same situation as you  and will have to miss my interview in Montreal because I am pregnant. My cc date was Aug 2nd and scheduled interview date of Nov 6th but I am  9.5 months preggo with a due date of Nov 13th and cannot travel for the interview.

My question to you is about your baby. What was the process like to obtain documents for you baby to cross the border? My understanding is I would need to apply my my baby girls birth certificate then apply for a US passport interview with myself my husband and my baby to show our marriage certificate and his passport? I have also heard  the CRAB is strongly recommended too. What was the process like? Which steps did you take? How long did it take all together? 

Also I was curious if you flew or drove for you POE? Could you share anything about your entry experience?

@NikLR you seem very knowledgeable on the subject. Do you have any advice?

Thank you very much in advance. I am just trying to create a timeline in my head and try to calm my nerves a little bit. 

- Nervous New Mom 

Timeline
On 10/29/2018 at 6:02 AM, JennOnline said:

Hi @kellyh. Thank you for creating this post. I am in the same situation as you  and will have to miss my interview in Montreal because I am pregnant. My cc date was Aug 2nd and scheduled interview date of Nov 6th but I am  9.5 months preggo with a due date of Nov 13th and cannot travel for the interview.

My question to you is about your baby. What was the process like to obtain documents for you baby to cross the border? My understanding is I would need to apply my my baby girls birth certificate then apply for a US passport interview with myself my husband and my baby to show our marriage certificate and his passport? I have also heard  the CRAB is strongly recommended too. What was the process like? Which steps did you take? How long did it take all together? 

Also I was curious if you flew or drove for you POE? Could you share anything about your entry experience?

@NikLR you seem very knowledgeable on the subject. Do you have any advice?

Thank you very much in advance. I am just trying to create a timeline in my head and try to calm my nerves a little bit. 

- Nervous New Mom 

Hi Jenn,

as your question is not related to the topic, I've messaged you directly with the answers to your questions related to CRBA and POE.

Hope it helps, take care!

09-Jul-2016 ✳ Married in Canada !  ♥ ❣ 💒

USCIS   

06-Sep-2016  I-130 sent to Arizona Lockbox

13-Sep-2016  Email "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation" , Check cashed

18-Sep-2016  NOA1, hardcopy received [PD 08-Sep-2016]

Case accepted, routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
20-Sep-2016
  USCIS shows "Case Was Received"

22-Mar-2017  USCIS shows "Case Approved"

30-Mar-2017  NOA2, hardcopy received [193 days from NOA1 to NOA 2] 

30-Mar-2017  USCIS shows ''Case sent to Department of State

NVC & Embassy

01-Apr-2017  NVC rec'd case

06-Apr-2017  NVC case # assigned, email added  [7 days from NOA2 to Case Number assigned] 

10-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC IIN assigned, DS-261 & AOS Unlocked, DS-261 submitted & AOS Fee paid online

12-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC Welcome email received

18-Apr-2017 ✳ IV Fee Unlocked, Fee paid online

20-Apr-2017 ✳ DS-260 Unlocked   

30-Apr-2017  DS-260 submitted

11-May-2017  AOS & IV Pkg Submitted via email

👍 N/A  Scan Date     👍 N/A  Case completed

16-May-2017  Called to inquire, informed Case Completed! [40 days from Case Number assigned to Case Complete] 

18-May-2017  Official Interview Appointment letter received via email for June 27, 2017     

282 Days from NOA1 to Interview (9 months 9 days) 

18-May-2017  CEAC shows case at NVC   19-May-2017  CEAC shows case in TRANSIT   23-May-2017  CEAC shows case is READY

23-Aug-2017  Y  웃유  G I R L  ヅ 👶 👧 🚺 

28-Nov-2017 ✳ New interview date

Embassy

20-Nov-2017  Medical at Surrey, BC

28-Nov-2017 ✳ Interview at Montreal Consulate  APPROVED:dancing:

07-Dec-2017  CEAC case update to AP   CEAC Case Last updated:  11-Dec-2017 ; 26-Jan-2018 ; 31-Jan-2018

05-Feb-2018  Visa in hand   63 Days in AP

06-Feb-2018  Immigration fee paid online
27-Feb-2018 ✳ POE

07-Mar-2018  SSN received

13-Apr-2018 ✳ Green Card in hand

00-???-201? ✳ Adjustment of Status

Wiki on NVC Process     -     Wiki for Canadian Spouses for NVC

Personal Checklist - MTL-NVC to Interview Process  - Thx JessieABC for sharing!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So Montreal has changed the process of rescheduling. There is no longer a calendar with dates. It simply says "No dates available". I am not too sure what happens when there are dates available as my apt. was Nov 6th and I still do not have a reschedule date. According to the people who run the rescheduling site "Montreal is very busy and have not had extra appointments available for a long time" and they have no idea when new ones will be released. 

-very frustrated

Timeline
2 hours ago, JennOnline said:

So Montreal has changed the process of rescheduling. There is no longer a calendar with dates. It simply says "No dates available". I am not too sure what happens when there are dates available as my apt. was Nov 6th and I still do not have a reschedule date. According to the people who run the rescheduling site "Montreal is very busy and have not had extra appointments available for a long time" and they have no idea when new ones will be released. 

-very frustrated

I noticed that too actually since I almost ended up rescheduling a second time. Don't worry, when there is an appointment available, the message won't say that and you'll be able to see the calendar. At one point, I saw that message, at another point, I saw end of January appointment available (this was checked around first or second week of November).

Unfortunately, Montreal is definitely backlogged right now again - some with cc's from end of September are just getting their interviews for mid January. I suspect the next appointment that'll be available will be in February or March. Keep checking it religiously everyday. The appointment slots that do end up opening do get taken fairly quickly, or at least from what I noticed. 

None of the timing in this process is remotely consistent and yes it is frustrating. Oh and keep an eye out for updated requirements for police certificate if your cc was before September 10. That nearly gave me a heart attack for my interview. Good luck :(

Timeline
9 hours ago, skyzee said:

I noticed that too actually since I almost ended up rescheduling a second time. Don't worry, when there is an appointment available, the message won't say that and you'll be able to see the calendar. At one point, I saw that message, at another point, I saw end of January appointment available (this was checked around first or second week of November).

Unfortunately, Montreal is definitely backlogged right now again - some with cc's from end of September are just getting their interviews for mid January. I suspect the next appointment that'll be available will be in February or March. Keep checking it religiously everyday. The appointment slots that do end up opening do get taken fairly quickly, or at least from what I noticed. 

None of the timing in this process is remotely consistent and yes it is frustrating. Oh and keep an eye out for updated requirements for police certificate if your cc was before September 10. That nearly gave me a heart attack for my interview. Good luck :(

Thank you for the support. Fingers crossed the dates open up soon 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I wanted to update this post for anyone going through the rescheduling process. Montreal finally released dates on Dec 10th at about 2pm. There were only 2 days available that I saw (Feb 1st and 25th) with 3 timeslots for each. So 6 appointments in total.  I have been waiting since Nov 6th for dates to be available after missing my original interview date. Goodluck to anyone needing to reschedule. It is a very nerve bitting process. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JennOnline said:

I wanted to update this post for anyone going through the rescheduling process. Montreal finally released dates on Dec 10th at about 2pm. There were only 2 days available that I saw (Feb 1st and 25th) with 3 timeslots for each. So 6 appointments in total.  I have been waiting since Nov 6th for dates to be available after missing my original interview date. Goodluck to anyone needing to reschedule. It is a very nerve bitting process. 

Yay finally! It sure was, glad you finally got your date. Good luck with interview :)

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.