kellyh

Guidance on how to reschedule interview date for CR1

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi

Im encountering the same issue for my husband.. Its all greyed out on the page theyre asking to schedule. How did this get resolved for you guys? Please reply ASAP. Did it open up after a few days or did you have to call? email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/19/2018 at 10:23 PM, hfarnaz said:

Hi

Im encountering the same issue for my husband.. Its all greyed out on the page theyre asking to schedule. How did this get resolved for you guys? Please reply ASAP. Did it open up after a few days or did you have to call? email?

Chances are there's no available dates for the next two months.. You'll have to keep checking.

However, I'd suggest sending them an email and ask about the calendar and date availability - the reply might not help, but at least you'd get some reassurance that tehre's nothing wrong with the site.

Good luck!

09-Jul-2016 ✳ Married in Canada !  ♥ ❣ 💒

USCIS   

06-Sep-2016  I-130 sent to Arizona Lockbox

13-Sep-2016  Email "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation" , Check cashed

18-Sep-2016  NOA1, hardcopy received [PD 08-Sep-2016]

Case accepted, routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
20-Sep-2016
  USCIS shows "Case Was Received"

22-Mar-2017  USCIS shows "Case Approved"

30-Mar-2017  NOA2, hardcopy received [193 days from NOA1 to NOA 2] 

30-Mar-2017  USCIS shows ''Case sent to Department of State

NVC & Embassy

01-Apr-2017  NVC rec'd case

06-Apr-2017  NVC case # assigned, email added  [7 days from NOA2 to Case Number assigned] 

10-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC IIN assigned, DS-261 & AOS Unlocked, DS-261 submitted & AOS Fee paid online

12-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC Welcome email received

18-Apr-2017 ✳ IV Fee Unlocked, Fee paid online

20-Apr-2017 ✳ DS-260 Unlocked   

30-Apr-2017  DS-260 submitted

11-May-2017  AOS & IV Pkg Submitted via email

👍 N/A  Scan Date     👍 N/A  Case completed

16-May-2017  Called to inquire, informed Case Completed! [40 days from Case Number assigned to Case Complete] 

18-May-2017  Official Interview Appointment letter received via email for June 27, 2017     

282 Days from NOA1 to Interview (9 months 9 days) 

18-May-2017  CEAC shows case at NVC   19-May-2017  CEAC shows case in TRANSIT   23-May-2017  CEAC shows case is READY

23-Aug-2017  Y  웃유  G I R L  ヅ 👶 👧 🚺 

28-Nov-2017 ✳ New interview date

Embassy

20-Nov-2017  Medical at Surrey, BC

28-Nov-2017 ✳ Interview at Montreal Consulate  APPROVED:dancing:

07-Dec-2017  CEAC case update to AP   CEAC Case Last updated:  11-Dec-2017 ; 26-Jan-2018 ; 31-Jan-2018

05-Feb-2018  Visa in hand   63 Days in AP

06-Feb-2018  Immigration fee paid online
27-Feb-2018 ✳ POE

07-Mar-2018  SSN received

13-Apr-2018 ✳ Green Card in hand

00-???-201? ✳ Adjustment of Status

Wiki on NVC Process     -     Wiki for Canadian Spouses for NVC

Personal Checklist - MTL-NVC to Interview Process  - Thx JessieABC for sharing!

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/18/2018 at 10:17 PM, skyzee said:

Did the schedule open up for you after a few days? I'm also now looking to reschedule my interview for a month later... 

No nothing  :(

I have checked it multiple times

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mevora said:

No nothing  :(

I have checked it multiple times

####### :( I'm guessing it's because they release dates at a random time during a month... I know they start scheduling interviews for IR1/CR1 visas from the beginning of the month to mid month so perhaps there'll be some dates for you closer to the end of the month. I'm not sure if there's a different interview schedule for EB1s?? I don't know why they have to make everything so stressful and stupid, how difficult is it to allow everyone to schedule/reschedule their own interviews?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, skyzee said:

####### :( I'm guessing it's because they release dates at a random time during a month... I know they start scheduling interviews for IR1/CR1 visas from the beginning of the month to mid month so perhaps there'll be some dates for you closer to the end of the month. I'm not sure if there's a different interview schedule for EB1s?? I don't know why they have to make everything so stressful and stupid, how difficult is it to allow everyone to schedule/reschedule their own interviews?

I know . Atleast there should be a notification that the dates are released . 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thought should update here. I was able to schedule an appointment today. It's within 5 weeks, so decent time. They had a couple of slots available and I picked up the earliest one. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mevora said:

Thought should update here. I was able to schedule an appointment today. It's within 5 weeks, so decent time. They had a couple of slots available and I picked up the earliest one. 

Me, too. Thankfully. I was getting frustrated. I missed 19th june but today resceduled for 3 August. I'd like to add that you have to look carefully at the available dates. The highlight is not really bright. a short sighted person like me could have missed it. Good luck!

Timeline
19 hours ago, hfarnaz said:

Me, too. Thankfully. I was getting frustrated. I missed 19th june but today resceduled for 3 August. I'd like to add that you have to look carefully at the available dates. The highlight is not really bright. a short sighted person like me could have missed it. Good luck!

I am also rescheduled for the same date :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/11/2018 at 4:59 AM, Mevora said:

My date was set by NVC. It was provided within 6 weeks of providing the documents, so it was really quick.

Do you mean you received notice of you interview within 6 weeks of providing docs (and the actual interview another month past that), or the interview date was within 6 weeks? I'm trying to time out submitting these docs to not run into scheduling problems. 

Thanks for the help! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Courtney86 said:

ng docs (and the actual interview another month past that), or the interview date was within 6 weeks? I'm trying to time out submitting these docs to not run into scheduling problems. 

It's the former. 6 weeks of providing documents 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/29/2018 at 2:25 PM, hfarnaz said:

On 6/30/2018 at 9:31 AM, Mevora said:

I am also rescheduled for the same date :) 

Thank you for your updates, and I hope the interviews have went well for both of you. I've finally received my own interview date for 3 weeks from now and am prepared to do the same (miss appointment and reschedule). Just curious if Aug 3 was the earliest date that was shown for both of you, or if there was an earlier date? Trying to figure out when the next available interview date may be if I miss my appt for Sept 4. Thanks again for sharing any experiences that you may have.

Timeline
23 hours ago, skyzee said:

Thank you for your updates, and I hope the interviews have went well for both of you. I've finally received my own interview date for 3 weeks from now and am prepared to do the same (miss appointment and reschedule). Just curious if Aug 3 was the earliest date that was shown for both of you, or if there was an earlier date? Trying to figure out when the next available interview date may be if I miss my appt for Sept 4. Thanks again for sharing any experiences that you may have.

Mine didn't go very well. I am asked to submit CV and Masters Transcript + my date has been regressed due to rescheduling. Keeping my fingers crosses

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else uses this thread as a reference which I did (thank you very much OP!)

After e-mailing the AIS people, they did confirm to me that the only way to reschedule my appointment would be to miss my original appointment and then reschedule on the AIS website, which I ended up doing. The day after I missed my appointment, I was able to reschedule - however; as many experienced here, there were no dates available. Only today did the calendar open up with 3 dates in November (no dates in October), which I've now booked. I had no troubles with booking my appointment with the old interview letter with Medisys at Montreal which is where I'll be doing my medical 3 business days before my interview. 

image.thumb.png.86a890d3424915a9bfed04df2cadf7b2.png

So to summarize, here's my timeline:

IR1 Visa

Original interview: Sept 4, 2018

Dates starting showing up on calendar: Sept 14, 2018

Rebooked interview date: Nov 28, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.