Rev

I-134 supporting evidence questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

I know there are a lot of threads on this but I would love if anyone could speak to my situation specifically.  I am considered self-employed (subcontractor) and make well above the poverty guidelines for my household size but last year I didn't so from a tax transcript standpoint I cannot show sufficient support.  I do have a chunk of money in savings.  Given that London is fairly easy on the support side of things, is there any chance I could show sufficient support on my own with proof of my deposits for this year and a letter from the bank? 

Assuming it's not, my mother is willing to co-sponsor but I'm then wondering if it's enough to just get pay stubs and tax transcripts from her in addition to what I would have to  show?  I'd rather not make her get the letter from her employer and bank if she doesn't have to, as I already hate asking her of this at all.

Thank you for any input :wub:

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

London allows you to self sponsor a K1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On May 18, 2017 at 0:54 PM, Rev said:

Hello,

I know there are a lot of threads on this but I would love if anyone could speak to my situation specifically.  I am considered self-employed (subcontractor) and make well above the poverty guidelines for my household size but last year I didn't so from a tax transcript standpoint I cannot show sufficient support.  I do have a chunk of money in savings.  Given that London is fairly easy on the support side of things, is there any chance I could show sufficient support on my own with proof of my deposits for this year and a letter from the bank? 

Assuming it's not, my mother is willing to co-sponsor but I'm then wondering if it's enough to just get pay stubs and tax transcripts from her in addition to what I would have to  show?  I'd rather not make her get the letter from her employer and bank if she doesn't have to, as I already hate asking her of this at all.

Thank you for any input :wub:

As self employed they have to go by your 2016 tax return (or transcript) Line 22 as your income. They don't know how much you will tax off in business deductions on you next tax return so you're kinda stuck with that in a way. But never hurts to try because they are easy.

You can add your assets to the form and those will be considered. The I-134 does not spell it out but the other affidavit of support I-864 does so you could use that as a rule of thumb to go by.  If you fall short of the mark by say $5,000 then you need 3x$5,000 in assets to cover your shortfall salary income.

Your one tax return and financial statements showing assets will do it for a London interview. You won't need to have all those things listed. Mom could be approved as the sponsor only with a 2016 tax return. No need for a bank or employer letter. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you so much @Wuozopo !  That's very helpful. 

Edited by Rev

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.