telacanizales

Mexico Police Certification

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My lawyer is out of the country wont be able to ask until Monday our apt is June 1st in Juarez.. What and how do I get a Mexico Police Certification. His parents asked and they said he needed a Mexican ID first which would take approximately 1 month. He has been in the US since he was 17 so he has no problems we just don't know the quickest way to obtain proof. We already supplied the police history from here in the US.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband and I are still awaiting an interview date for Juarez for his visa but NVC e-mailed me a letter stating we needed to bring my husband's Mexican Police Certificate to our interview. 

NVC sent me this letter a week ago (when our case finished):

_____10 - MEXICO POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________________

Available in most states for applicants 18 and over. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate. The state police (Fiscalia General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state. Contact the state police for instructions.

If the state police record is unavailable, visa applicants must provide a federal record called a "Carta de No Antecedentes Penales" from the Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad. To make the request, applicants must provide the following documentation:

For Mexican Nationals:

•   Mexican voter ID cards from the Instituto Federal Electoral (original and a copy)

•   Birth certificate (original and a copy)

•   Proof of residence in Mexico (original and a copy) 

•  

•  

• The process is free of charge and normally is completed in person by the applicant. However, if the applicant is not able to make the request in person, a family member can do so in the applicant's name by taking a power of attorney signed by the interested party to:

1. Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad Calzada de Tlalpan No. 2962
    Col. Espartaco, Deleg. Coyoacan, C.P. 04870
    Mexico City, Mexico

The office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For inquiries about the process, applicants may call the institution at: 011-52-55-5128-4100 and 011-52-55-5599-2000, exts. 18992, 18993, 18994 y 18733. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Interesting, they never used to ask for a Police Certificate for Mexico, things must have changed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
8 hours ago, Illumia said:

FYI: I got this letter a few days before they scheduled the interview i think i got it may 9 and my interview letter on may 13. So you will probably get yours soon. 

My husband and I are still awaiting an interview date for Juarez for his visa but NVC e-mailed me a letter stating we needed to bring my husband's Mexican Police Certificate to our interview. 

NVC sent me this letter a week ago (when our case finished):

_____10 - MEXICO POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________________

Available in most states for applicants 18 and over. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate. The state police (Fiscalia General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state. Contact the state police for instructions.

If the state police record is unavailable, visa applicants must provide a federal record called a "Carta de No Antecedentes Penales" from the Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad. To make the request, applicants must provide the following documentation:

For Mexican Nationals:

•   Mexican voter ID cards from the Instituto Federal Electoral (original and a copy)

•   Birth certificate (original and a copy)

•   Proof of residence in Mexico (original and a copy) 

•  

•  

• The process is free of charge and normally is completed in person by the applicant. However, if the applicant is not able to make the request in person, a family member can do so in the applicant's name by taking a power of attorney signed by the interested party to:

1. Direccion General de Ejecucion de Sanciones, Comision Nacional de Seguridad Calzada de Tlalpan No. 2962
    Col. Espartaco, Deleg. Coyoacan, C.P. 04870
    Mexico City, Mexico

The office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For inquiries about the process, applicants may call the institution at: 011-52-55-5128-4100 and 011-52-55-5599-2000, exts. 18992, 18993, 18994 y 18733. 

Timeline

My husband wasnt even there at 18 he just turned 17 when he crossed. His parents said they told them it would take 2 weeks-1 month to get that certificate and our interview is in like just over a week. If it can only be done in person basically its gonna cause delay in all of the mexicans coming back i would say. 

Timeline

I've read online its because of Trump but don't quote me on that. That its because of his "mexicans are criminals" #######. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do you know if you need a police certificate if you were 4yrs old when came in illegally my wife got her pardon approve and everything but we don't know if we need the police certificate..her case is already at NVC queue awaiting interview 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.