Navvv

Help needed

9 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My mother who is U.S citizen filed for me and my children in 2005.

And now we received mail from National Visa Center and they are asking for details of me and my both children.

p.s- now my children are 22 and 26 years old. 

Is this mean that we all will get visa soon.

Its been 12 years since we filed for immigration visa.

Reply please.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To answer we need to know 2 dates.  The first one is when your mother got the receipt notice from sending the petition and the second if the date that she got the notice that the petition was approved.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Hello!

Priority date- sept 2005

Approval date- nov 2006

Invoice- may 2017

We got everyone's name in invoice.

Now my sons' age is 22 and 26.

And NVC asked for details pf each and everyone.

And i want to know is my sons are eligible for immigration visa??

Please reply soon

Timeline
On 5/16/2017 at 10:26 PM, NigeriaorBust said:

Hello!

Priority date- sept 2005

Approval date- nov 2006

Invoice- may 2017

We got everyone's name in invoice.

Now my sons' age is 22 and 26.

And NVC asked for details pf each and everyone.

And i want to know is my sons are eligible for immigration visa??

Please reply soon

Timeline

Your oldest son is not.  You younger son it depends on exact dates.    You take 1 year and 2 months  off his current age ( so it he just 22 or almost 23 )  . Does that make him under 21 ???   Here is a calculator you can put exact dates in  http://www.***removed***/immigrant-visa/cspa-calculator/

Timeline

Thank you so much for the help.

Can we apply for CSPA for my oldest son?

who is 26 year old. 

Or

Is there any other way to make my older son eligible for immigration visa? 

Edited by Navvv

Timeline

Your older son will not be coming when you come.  You can file for him if he remains unmarried but the wait will be 6 years and that is only if the class of adult sons and daughter survives immigration reform.  He can try to get a visa via work or school but those aren't for certain.  At 26 a male is considered an adult and in the US mind he should be able to care for himself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.